Conquer Club

Practice games within Clans

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Practice games within Clans

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:12 pm

[Practice games allowed within clans- no points issued]

Concise description:
  • Create a 'Practice' game option. Only players within the same Clan would be allowed to join. No points awarded for winning.

Specifics/Details:
  • Create a 'Practice' game option. Only players within the same Clan would be allowed to join. No points awarded for winning/losing. Only available to premium (?)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • I was reading the other suggestion of 4 games without points for premium and it made me think of this. It will allow experienced clan members to train their new members on maps, without needed to follow C/A rules. It would also maintain the integrity of the points system when training new players. Since currently there is no other option but to use points games I feel like either people cant be trained properly, or they can at the risk of violating the integrity of the opints system. Perhaps a restriction on the number of games allowed could be added.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Re: Practice games within Clans

Postby JBlombier on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Of course this sounds great, but it only sounds great for clans. I think the suggestion you mentioned (4 pointless games for premiums) will cover this already and there is no need for clans to get a special treatment. Also, when the other suggestion would get implemented, this suggestion is useless in my opinion.

When a clan doesn't want to invest a few points in their new members, that doesn't sound right to me.
Major JBlombier

Re: Practice games within Clans

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:27 pm

I agree this is somewhat redundant to the 4 games no points post. But, my thought was this would also help funnel people looking to learn into clans, which may help retain people on the site for longer. (but maybe getting people into clans isnt CC's goal anymore?).

In regards to investing points in new members... I have no personal problem with that....But, from what my elder clans members tell me. technically in a points game, even if its just for training purposes you HAVE to play to win. it makes sense as this in the only way to maintain the integrity of the points system. I'm not precious about my points, but it would be nice to have a 'legal' way of walking through a map with other palyers i plan to team with. You could set up and play out situations that occured in previous games to figure out a better way of playing it out, without breaking the rules about playing to win every time.

While practice games could be given to all paying members, I guess I thought only giving it within a clan would help keep people commit to playing on this site for years rather than weeks or months. I know was ready to quit after a few months, because just starting games with strangers got boring, but when I was invited to a clan it gave me more incentive to stick around CC.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Return to Suggestions