Conquer Club

'Hardcore' Freestyle Speed Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

'Hardcore' Freestyle Speed Games

Postby Keefie on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 am

I've been here consistently since December 2006 and during that time I've witnessed the rise and fall of the populace. Many positive changes have been made to this site, along with a few bad ones, one of which being the castration of freestyle. I understand the reasons why it was done, to stop blatant farming of new recruits and I applaud that aspect of it. However between consenting experienced players the old style freestyle was a blast. One setting that was particularly popular for this game type was multi player speed games. Demonfork published some interesting stats that showed the impact on this setting after Freestyle was changed, I'm sure he wont mind me using them here.

From 2008-2009 there were 40,000 (8) player Freestyle speed games played

From 2009-2010 there were 28,000 (8) player Freestyle speed games played (20,400 played before changes, 7700 after)

From 2010-2011 there were 15,800 (8) player Freestyle speed games played

From 2011-2012 there were 13,900 (8) player Freestyle speed games played

From 2012-2013 there were 3900 (8) player Freestyle speed games played

From 2013-2014 there were 1000 (8) player Freestyle speed games played

I believe that this setting could be returned without impacting on the current Freestyle game settings. It would mean creating a new play order setting, which I would like to see called 'Hardcore'. This play order setting could be restricted to just multi-player speeders which would prevent the vast majority of new players stumbling across it and being farmed.

I'm sure that this would be a very popular game type that may encourage the return of players who left after the changes to Freestyle were made. Hey we could even have a shiny new medal made just for this !!!!!!!
Last edited by Keefie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 'Hardcore' Freestyle Speed Games

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:47 am

Agreed.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Donelladan on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:16 am

I believe that this setting could be returned without impacting on the current Freestyle game settings. It would mean creating a new play order setting, which I would like to see called 'Hardcore'. This play order setting could be restricted to just multi-player speeders which would prevent the vast majority of new players stumbling across it and being farmed.

What setting ?
Everyone can create an 8 players freestyle speed game whenever they want. I don't understand what you want to be returned.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:15 am

Donelladan wrote:

What setting ?
Everyone can create an 8 players freestyle speed game whenever they want. I don't understand what you want to be returned.

he wants the rules changed back to what the were, before they ran off 1/3 of the site overnight (sorry, Andy... you can't blame facebook and call of duty for that huge loss after the rule change)... i think this is a great idea... change the rule back and fire off an email to reach all the freestyle nuts that left... i never played freestyle, outside of a few times, but i respected how huge and loyal that community was to the site... moreso than the owners at that time did... give it a thought BW, what could it hurt?!! the most important part of that post to me is: (20,400 played before changes, 7700 after)-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm

Hell, I had fun WATCHING 8 player Freestyle games on Classic.

Unless it ran for 10+ hours and I tried to stay up and watch the damn thing.

Setting up a "League" for these type of games would be cool too.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:07 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Setting up a "League" for these type of games would be cool too.

"leagues" ruin everything... let's just concentrate on getting the rule changed and the word out that the rule has changed...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:45 am

owenshooter wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Setting up a "League" for these type of games would be cool too.

"leagues" ruin everything... let's just concentrate on getting the rule changed and the word out that the rule has changed...-Jésus noir

Could you get the message to all the old players? This changes success hinges on that.

(Plural you referring to cc)
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby riskllama on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:11 am

do it.
run, don't walk.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby owenshooter on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:01 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Could you get the message to all the old players? This changes success hinges on that.

(Plural you referring to cc)

they have an email data base for all users, you give it when you sign up. they have sent out mass emails about changes before, don't see why they couldn't do that for this...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby -1-1-3- on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Colonel -1-1-3-

Postby Koganosi on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:27 am

Please! Do change it back!!!, it was so awesome, the 8 man freestyle player games were the best. I wish I could see one with 10 players, I would certainly go back playing freestyle speed escalating games!

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:46 am

Koganosi wrote:Please! Do change it back!!!, it was so awesome, the 8 man freestyle player games were the best. I wish I could see one with 10 players, I would certainly go back playing freestyle speed escalating games!

Urs

Koganosi

see? these guys are nuts for speed freestyle games!! i was never into it, but i respected that huge segment of the community... obviously more so than the peeps that changed that rule... come on BW, what could it hurt?!!-Jésus noir

p.s.-guarantee they would play tic-tac-toe between games!!
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby squishyg on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:11 pm

I have fond memories of 2 a.m. multiplayer speed freestyle. Ruthless, gloves off, venom tongued matches they were.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:36 am

squishyg wrote:I have fond memories of 2 a.m. multiplayer speed freestyle. Ruthless, gloves off, venom tongued matches they were.

i don't think a woman's opinion matters here...

he-man woman haters club

Just kidding!! good to see you, squishy!!!-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Donelladan on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Donelladan wrote:

What setting ?

Unfortunately no one care to reply my question which was, what setting are you speaking about ?

If I am not wrong, we are here speaking of the possibility of making a double turn ? Meaning when you finish last in freestyle, you could then start right away, while now, if you finish last you need to wait that someone else start so that you can start.

Let me know if I am wrong.

If I am right, seriously, I played 8 players freestyle after the change, it's still very very fun. And, that change, in a 8 players 1 or 2 min freestyle game, there is always someone starting right away, so the change that you have to wait if you play last doesn't have any effect on the game. It only start having effect when most players are eliminated.

Maybe, at the time of the change, few people did indeed leave because of that change. But I am quite sure among the ~22k players that left the site ( 30k before 8k now), there was only a minority that were freestyle addict.
Maybe we could try to imagine that the decline of freestyle is only a consequence of the general decline of the website ?
Last edited by Donelladan on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:30 pm

For this suggestion, perhaps giving specific examples of what changes you want for hardcore FS would be in order.

List changes to specific things that are actionable and less "back to what it was" and more "change x to y".

The more specifics that can be Provided for what it is that people want to see for these 8 player hardcore games, the better.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Suggestions