Conquer Club

Bump new player after missed 24-hours/force immediate start

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Bump new player after missed 24-hours/force immediate start

Postby op on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:35 am

It hasn't happened a lot to me, but presently I am playing someone who has just joined CC. joined four 24-hour games and then gone AWOL. At least in games where the newbie is starting, can they please be eliminated from the game after 24 hours? I wouldn't have thought a player who had done that would be offended to note at a later date that after missing their first ever turns they were bumped from those games. If they are really bothered about their stats they would just reregister. But a freemium with a 4-game limit (and I was a subscriber, under a v old nic, and will be again under this one in all likelihood) might have to wait 5 days to start a new game, longer if there are several opponents. As for any strategic benefit such a player might have been going for, very simply that wouldn't be possible within your first 4 games in your first few days!

So I think it will be of benefit to freemiums, and that it won't make any other difference.

I have thought of an objection, but it is weak: it might leave me with an advantage over the newbie. In that case, another option is to flag newbie games as such and apply the rule to both players.

Or the rule could be that if neither player moves within an hour the game is cancelled. Again, this only applies to games involving a new member.

Interested to hear thoughts.
Sergeant op

Re: Bump new player after missed 24-hours/force immediate st

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:15 am

I like the idea of kicking a player after missing their initial turn, but I'm not sure how popular of an idea it would be for everybody else. If you can't show for round 1 then you shouldnt be playing. Otherwise, 3 turns in a row is fair.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby op on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:56 pm

jmyork82 wrote:I like the idea of kicking a player after missing their initial turn, but I'm not sure how popular of an idea it would be for everybody else. If you can't show for round 1 then you shouldnt be playing. Otherwise, 3 turns in a row is fair.

Cheers, that is the main thing I wanted to say, you have my thread back on track. :)
Sergeant op

Postby clangfield on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:18 pm

op wrote:It hasn't happened a lot to me, but presently I am playing someone who has just joined CC. joined four 24-hour games and then gone AWOL. At least in games where the newbie is starting, can they please be eliminated from the game after 24 hours? I wouldn't have thought a player who had done that would be offended to note at a later date that after missing their first ever turns they were bumped from those games. If they are really bothered about their stats they would just reregister. But a freemium with a 4-game limit (and I was a subscriber, under a v old nic, and will be again under this one in all likelihood) might have to wait 5 days to start a new game, longer if there are several opponents. As for any strategic benefit such a player might have been going for, very simply that wouldn't be possible within your first 4 games in your first few days!

So I think it will be of benefit to freemiums, and that it won't make any other difference.

I have thought of an objection, but it is weak: it might leave me with an advantage over the newbie. In that case, another option is to flag newbie games as such and apply the rule to both players.

Or the rule could be that if neither player moves within an hour the game is cancelled. Again, this only applies to games involving a new member.

Interested to hear thoughts.

I agree.
Sorry to derail the thread, but I'm afraid you've just admitted to being a multi. Have you raised the issue of your old account with the admins? You can't just start new accounts I'm afraid.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby op on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:05 pm

If I felt that counted as being a multi I most likely wouldn't be mentioning it. I was a paying member for a year, a couple of years back, and let that expire. When I came back I set up this account, which is the only account I use. I don't play a great many multiplayer games so I guess that can be checked. Cheers for your diligence, admins feel free to correct me and take action if necessary. :?
Sergeant op

Postby clangfield on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:40 pm

op wrote:If I felt that counted as being a multi I most likely wouldn't be mentioning it. I was a paying member for a year, a couple of years back, and let that expire. When I came back I set up this account, which is the only account I use. I don't play a great many multiplayer games so I guess that can be checked. Cheers for your diligence, admins feel free to correct me and take action if necessary. :?

You have been reported, we'll see how they view it.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby op on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:16 pm

What are you? Why did you do that?
Sergeant op

Postby IcePack on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:47 am

op wrote:What are you? Why did you do that?

Most people would, but it shouldn't be a big deal. They'll likely contact you via email and get you to revert back to the old account or something. Just look for the email.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby op on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks. :)
Sergeant op

Postby mrswdk on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:58 pm

I support this. Farming deadbeat noobs would be far less hassle if you only had to wait 24 hours instead of 72.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:24 pm

clangfield wrote:
op wrote:If I felt that counted as being a multi I most likely wouldn't be mentioning it. I was a paying member for a year, a couple of years back, and let that expire. When I came back I set up this account, which is the only account I use. I don't play a great many multiplayer games so I guess that can be checked. Cheers for your diligence, admins feel free to correct me and take action if necessary. :?

You have been reported, we'll see how they view it.

That seemed unnecessary....
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:26 pm

mrswdk wrote:I support this. Farming deadbeat noobs would be far less hassle if you only had to wait 24 hours instead of 72.

How about we add a stipulation where if somebody deadbeats on their opening turn, the game is considered a No Contest and no points are awarded. This would be for an opening turn DB only. If somebody plays for a while and then DB's then they still lose points. This would keep people from quitting to avoid losing points.

Farming prevented and new games will progress faster. We want games to move along dont we?
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:53 pm

jmyork82 wrote:
mrswdk wrote:I support this. Farming deadbeat noobs would be far less hassle if you only had to wait 24 hours instead of 72.

How about we add a stipulation where if somebody deadbeats on their opening turn, the game is considered a No Contest and no points are awarded. This would be for an opening turn DB only. If somebody plays for a while and then DB's then they still lose points. This would keep people from quitting to avoid losing points.

Farming prevented and new games will progress faster. We want games to move along dont we?

Guide games already exist which generally end when the "host" aka the guest player deadbeats their first three turns.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:12 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
jmyork82 wrote:

Guide games already exist which generally end when the "host" aka the guest player deadbeats their first three turns.

We may be misunderstanding each other right now, but we are talking about if any player misses their opening turn, they are removed from the game, and no points are rewarded from them.

the 3 turn rule still exists after round 1.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Return to Suggestions