Conquer Club

12 hour fog games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

12 hour fog games

Postby Kevi on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:33 am

12 hour fog

A fog game that will not start for 12 hours

Specifics/Details:
Working like the current freestyle games which have a 1 hr delay. This should be easy to implement.
A ready button would be good to accelerate the start but may be more difficult to code.
Players have a choice to start/join a fog game with a delay or to start/join a regular fog game with no delay.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It would stop all the confusion and arguments about whether or not there is or is not a 12 hour fog rule.
Captain Kevi

Re: 12 hour fog games

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:55 am

This has been suggested before.

And jsyk, there is no 12 hour fog rule in the rule-book.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Kevi on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:44 am

Apparently there is or was a fog rule - which I believe is active in clan warfare - although I do not have permission to read the forum which the link leads to.

Keefie wrote:Found it :)

It's in the CD and Friends archive.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 8&t=154654

If the second team to join a foggy game also gets the first turn, they must hold their attack for 12 hours or until a member of the opposing team announces that they have taken their snapshot. Should that team accidentally break this agreement, then they will give all relevant information to their opponents in the game chat. eg. territories taken during the first turn, plus the owners of any other territory thrown into the fog as a result of the attack (Note that this does not necessarily include attack information). If all information is provided accurately after the accidental breaking of the agreement, absolutely no consequences shall result of the turn being taken early.

The agreement can be ignored, if the following conditions are met;
a) No borders are shared by both teams at the start. (Conquer Style Maps ie. Antartica, AoR I, AoR II, AoR III, Clandemonium, Feudal, Feudal Epic, Jamaica, King’s Court, Lunar War, Monsters, Peloponnesian War, Woodboro, WWII Poland)

b) If there is no intent to attack an enemy position, but to only drop, fort and leave, then the turn may be taken.

In short, the turn may be taken, if the enemy will not be losing a territory and are still able to see the map as it was on the original setup.
Captain Kevi

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Kevi the 12 hour fog rule is generally optional and up to clans to agree / not agree in wars. But FYI here is the post in entirety from your link that you don't have access to:

peanutsdad wrote:This template is here for any and all members of the CLA to use if they so choose to use a fog agreement in there clan wars/tournaments. Please do not post comments under this announcement, it is here for informational purposes only.

Official 12 Hour Fog Agreement

In negotiating a clan challenge, clan leaders who so wish will have the opportunity to invoke a gentleman's handshake to
use the 12 Hour Fog Agreement before a challenge is to commence. If no mention of the agreement is made in the conditions of war, it will be assumed that the 12 hour Fog of War Agreement is not in effect.

If you do choose to use this agreement, please use “12H Fog” in the game label so that all players are aware of this request.

In the unlikely event that the two clans involved in the challenge cannot agree, then the Fog of War Agreement will not be instituted.

Official 12 Hour Fog Agreement

show

Purpose
show

Possible Compromise
show

Clans who come to a Fog of War Agreement will need to define the punishments for a breech of the agreement in terms of the war. Forfeitures cannot be executed as part of this punishment if clan medals are to be awarded for the challenge.
Suggestions: If the agreement is broken, the team upon which the infraction occurred has a right to invoke a remake of the game.

Further Help for dealing with Logistical Issues
show
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Kevi wrote:Apparently there is or was a fog rule - which I believe is active in clan warfare - although I do not have permission to read the forum which the link leads to.

Keefie wrote:Found it :)

It's in the CD and Friends archive.

viewtopic.php?f=738&t=154654

If the second team to join a foggy game also gets the first turn, they must hold their attack for 12 hours or until a member of the opposing team announces that they have taken their snapshot. Should that team accidentally break this agreement, then they will give all relevant information to their opponents in the game chat. eg. territories taken during the first turn, plus the owners of any other territory thrown into the fog as a result of the attack (Note that this does not necessarily include attack information). If all information is provided accurately after the accidental breaking of the agreement, absolutely no consequences shall result of the turn being taken early.

The agreement can be ignored, if the following conditions are met;
a) No borders are shared by both teams at the start. (Conquer Style Maps ie. Antartica, AoR I, AoR II, AoR III, Clandemonium, Feudal, Feudal Epic, Jamaica, King’s Court, Lunar War, Monsters, Peloponnesian War, Woodboro, WWII Poland)

b) If there is no intent to attack an enemy position, but to only drop, fort and leave, then the turn may be taken.

In short, the turn may be taken, if the enemy will not be losing a territory and are still able to see the map as it was on the original setup.

That is an "agreed upon rule" that the Clan Wars use. Outside of Clan Wars, nobody HAS to abide by the "Fog rule".
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Return to Suggestions