Conquer Club

Friendly colors for Color-blind CC members

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Friendly colors for Color-blind CC members

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:31 pm

GoranZ wrote:2. If a player that has that feature checked, then every new game he is part of will use colors that are color-blind friendly as colors for the players in the game.

Name 12 colours that are all disguinishable for colour blind users that are not used in any of the maps.

Good luck. If you manage this we'll take you seriously.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby GoranZ on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:50 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
GoranZ wrote:2. If a player that has that feature checked, then every new game he is part of will use colors that are color-blind friendly as colors for the players in the game.

Name 12 colours that are all disguinishable for colour blind users that are not used in any of the maps.

Why are you mixing maps? Map design is up to the map creators which is out of the scope of my proposal... My proposal is for the "colors for the players"

1. I'm not web or UI designer.
2. I'm have absolutely no experience in design for color-blind people.
3. English is not my native language to know all colors of the specter.
4. If you dont like my proposal I'm ok with it, but I challenge you for better one.

Basic concepts: Why Color Blindness is No Longer a Problem for Web Design
Software solutions for color-blind people: Visolve allows to transform colors on the computer or an iPhone display into the corresponding colors. This software helps people with color blindness to see a normal color and to feel the color changes according to the scenery. But this software is not applicable to CC.
Name That Color: Link
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:07 pm

GoranZ wrote:

*be sure to click the quote above, to enjoy the music while you read my post*

you still have yet to show me ONE COMPLAINT from a color blind player, since the colour codes were introduced. and it is the same exact gaming experience!! i use the color codes like a few other posters in this thread do. IT IS THE SAME GAME EXPERIENCE!!! nothing changes!!! it is idiotic to say that it is different because there is a little letter next to an army number. this suggestion makes ZERO sense, no matter HOW MANY CAPS YOU USE... seriously, where are the color blind CC masses lining up behind this unnecessary suggestion? oh, that's right... they aren't... why? because the color codes resolved the color issue for color blind players. they do not alter the gaming experience by one iota...
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:

he can't, they don't exist and it can't be done... and again, not one color blind player has complained since the color codes were intro'd-Jésus noir

ps.-did you even research color blindness and what they can and can't see? do you realize what you are asking to do is impossible?
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:26 pm

GoranZ wrote:Why are you mixing maps? Map design is up to the map creators which is out of the scope of my proposal... My proposal is for the "colors for the players"

4. If you dont like my proposal I'm ok with it, but I challenge you for better one.

If you do not consider the maps, then you will end up with army counts being invisible due to conflicting colours and tones. I have bolded the important part here. You have no experience in design. In graphics you cannot consider one item in isolation, you must consider the whole.

My proposal is that the entire user interface is remade, plus all the maps remade with a limited colour paletter, possibly just three tones such that there will be sufficient colour tones remaining to create unique colours for each player which are visible to colour blind people. This would be fantastic, now I just need at least twenty graphic designers to get this to work.

Simple enough.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby owenshooter on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:10 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Why are you mixing maps? Map design is up to the map creators which is out of the scope of my proposal... My proposal is for the "colors for the players"

If you do not consider the maps, then you will end up with army counts being invisible due to conflicting colours and tones. I have bolded the important part here. You have no experience in design. In graphics you cannot consider one item in isolation, you must consider the whole.

My proposal is that the entire user interface is remade, plus all the maps remade with a limited colour paletter, possibly just three tones such that there will be sufficient colour tones remaining to create unique colours for each player which are visible to colour blind people. This would be fantastic, now I just need at least twenty graphic designers to get this to work.

Simple enough.

nah, let's just decide on some colors that people who aren't even complaining, may or may not be able to see... you know, due to color blind people seeing colours differently, even betwixt themselves!!! let's not take into account the 247 maps that CC currently has, that would be rendered unplayable due to this new colour scheme being invisible on a majority of the maps... pshaw!! let's do it!!! not one colour blind person has complained, but we know what they need!! they don't need the ease of the colour coding, which work so well, many non-colour blind users use them!!!! nah, let's create an entirely new set of problems that currently don't exist!!! and why? so we can stop the OP from doing this:

again, not one colour blind person has complained about this since the colour codes were put in place. the claim that the gaming experience is somehow different, makes ZERO sense... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:47 am

If you can't see Red, you'll wind up Dead.
- proposal for new CC slogan
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby mrswdk on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:33 pm

What about new numbers, for players who can't read Arabic?

So right now the armies are counted in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.
We should also add I, II, III, IV, V.... 一,二,三,四,五... and of course, pictures of people holding up fingers on their hands.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby GoranZ on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:26 pm

mrswdk wrote:What about new numbers, for players who can't read Arabic?

So right now the armies are counted in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.
We should also add I, II, III, IV, V.... 一,二,三,四,五...

Actually this is possible and should be easy, If this was made in ASP.NET different language resource files(its XML file) would have been used, and if you change the preferred language your site will be translated in Chinese, Japanese whatever you like(if someone made a translation for it). IDK what is being used in PHP world tho, but I bet is something similar.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ

Previous

Return to Suggestions