Conquer Club

Habitual quitters

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Habitual quitters

Postby AXE00026 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:29 am

[*]At times we have all had a game go awry, it simply happens. However, so many times there have been, the more tempermental, who go past the; "this is unfair" rhetoric and simply quit. So, how about we implement a "double your point swap" If you quit a game.... ie kicked out for missing too many turns... your opponent gets double the points from you. This way there is more to lose and the inconvenienced player gets a little something for the wait. Just a thought.... regards and respect ... axe[/list]

Specifics/Details:
  • simply put , if kicked out for missing to many turns instead of your opponent getting ie 28 pts for the win .... They get 56.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
[list]
[*]The benefit to the site is: Habitual quitters will actually have more to lose and will have to consider the additional loss for their actions .... The inconvenienced and, shall I say, the disrespected opponent, receives the additional pts. As it stands, there is no difference for the offender to play or quit..... /list]
Last edited by AXE00026 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant AXE00026

Re: Habitual quitters

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:17 am

What about people who genuinely can't access their account at the time? Or people who deadbeat a trench speed game instead of making both parties involved play another 20-30mins or more (once the game is decided)?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby AXE00026 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:53 am

It is inevitable we all genuinely are unable to finish a game. For the rare time this happens, I would be all to willing to give the extra points, (since it is a rare occassion), To have this point deduction in place to curb the dead beaters, And give a little something back to the opponent , who is effected. We often participate with inaction, because it isn't the perfect solution .... Besides I would gladly trade the points I would lose, for the occassional missed game.... for all the points I would receive from the dead beat quitters. There would certainly be a net gain.
Sergeant AXE00026

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:03 am

Okay. You didn't answer my second question though.

Surely, the fact you essentially get free points is enough anyway? If having the free slot occupied is the main issue then get premium or choose your opponents more carefully.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby AXE00026 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:21 am

there not really free points... more like easy points.... beaters usually quit when the game is more or less lost... so they're points you would get any ways.... the extra points is ... more a deterrent..... Your second question? ... I have yet to come up with an answer.... great thing about a forum is when you and I get to put our heads together and come up with a decent solution. As far as picking opponents more carefully? Impossible to do if you never played them before and you are open to taking on all opponents.... would have to give up the open invite..... be a shame to play more secluded. Interesting to hear your thoughts on your second question though... chat soon... axe
Sergeant AXE00026

Postby Donelladan on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:04 am

Hey, try to edit your first post, would be easier to read. Stuff like "DELETE ME" have to be deleted :D

Concerning your suggestion. I never ever met someone that deadbeated a 24h game because the game was lost for him.
Do you have any statistic on that on your side ? Does it really happens that often ?

I have seen plenty of people deadbeating game, but in most of case they deadbeat because they couldn't access their computer never because game was lost.
How do you know they stop because game lost and not simply because they can't come for 3 days or quit CC ?
If I am right and it has nothing to do with the game being lost, then your suggestion would be inefficient.

Btw, if they stop playing because game is lost as you said here
However, so many times there have been, the more tempermental, who go past the; "this is unfair" rhetoric and simply quit. So, how about we implement a "double your point swap" If you quit a game.... ie kicked out for missing too many turns... your opponent gets double the points from you. This way there is more to lose and the inconvenienced player gets a little something for the wait. Just a thought.... regards and respect ... axe

Please know there is "more to lose" because intentional deadbeating is forbidden by the rule and if they do it often they will be banned for playing CC, you can report them.
Which is also why no one does it. At least no one that want to keep playing here on CC.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:41 am

There are only two times when a player will deadbeat in a casual 24hr game:
  • they cannot access CC / have quit
  • the game is a multiplayer stalemate and they no longer wish to continue

Other than that deadbeating is generally only associated with speed games. Either in appropriate manners once a trench speed game has been decided but is many rounds away from being finished, or a player is point dumping.

Like Don said, intentional deadbeating is a punishable offence, like point dumping.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby AXE00026 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:03 pm

As time permits, I'll tally some stats and post.
Sergeant AXE00026

Postby Donelladan on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:43 am

AXE00026 wrote:As time permits, I'll tally some stats and post.

Well, I don't think you really need to bother.
Purpose of your suggestion is to discourage deadbeaters to do so by taking more points off them, but they can already be kicked out of CC for deadbeating so there is something in place which is more discouraging already.

If some people deadbeated on you, go check if they are still here, and report them.
Brigadier Donelladan

Return to Suggestions