Conquer Club

FOR Round Limit Games: Low Ball Option

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

FOR Round Limit Games: Low Ball Option

Postby tzor on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:16 am

For games with a Round Limit: Instead of the most troops/regions it would be the least troops/legions
  • Harder to win game because players with the least troops tend to get eliminated.
  • Doesn't favor a "hoarder" strategy for regions/troops.
  • Would be very interesting and ironic in zombie / nuke options.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It just sounds too weird not to be beneficial.
Cadet tzor

Re: FOR Round Limit Games: Low Ball Option

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:10 pm

that's actually not a bad idea; even if winning like that will be extremely difficult... unless you use zombie/ nukes, cause in that case games would stall and have very little strategy
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:47 am

It shouldn't be an option. It should replace the current rules. Then I would support it.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:51 am

Also, Terminator games where the person to get eliminated takes their eliminator's points, to punish aggression and war-mongering.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:22 am

So the last player to play in the final round wins?
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:28 am

So to elaborate, round limits are usually for stalled out games. You will barely see them in an open, active game. Say we're playing nuclear 5 man FFA.
Red: 120 troops
Green: 100
Blue: 140
Yellow: 105
Pink: 150.

For simplicity, assume red started the game and thus after pink's turn the round limit goes into effect. For a chance to win, red needs to reduce his troop count to at least green's troop count. If he's smart, he does this by attacking blue or pink. Then, green can do the same. Blue tries to too, yellow has a shot at finishing last as well, and pink either suicides on everybody evenly to come out with the lowest amount of troops, or he cleans up since everybody got so weak trying to win.

Currently, while lots of people get suicided on, the round limit either rewards the player with the most troops throughout the game (no suiciding) or is a bit of a lottery (with suiciding). This proposal would make it even more of a lottery, because in most if not all cases the last player to play just wins. Reducing your troopcount in the last round is a lot easier than increasing yours, even relatively.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:20 am

So what if it was random where some games end on lowest, some on highest, some on some other options and you don't know until the end. Do you think that would stop stalling out of games?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby mrswdk on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:28 am

DoomYoshi wrote:So what if it was random where some games end on lowest, some on highest, some on some other options and you don't know until the end. Do you think that would stop stalling out of games?

I like this. The mystery option.

I'd also support it for spoils. Is it flat rate, or is it nuclear? Case that first set and find out!!!!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:04 am

DoomYoshi wrote:So what if it was random where some games end on lowest, some on highest, some on some other options and you don't know until the end. Do you think that would stop stalling out of games?

That doesn't change this idea at all, it just changes the source of randomness. It might indeed increase suicide rates in the last round, but I dont know if that is was what we seek. Round limits are fine as-is.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 am

Extreme Ways wrote:

That doesn't change this idea at all, it just changes the source of randomness. It might indeed increase suicide rates in the last round, but I dont know if that is was what we seek. Round limits are fine as-is.

No, they really aren't.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:38 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

No, they really aren't.

Last serious post from me here.

Provide a better alternative than "the player that has the most units" that cannot be abused and does not decide a winner randomly.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby FreeFalling123 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:19 pm

haha get to last turn
Me: 150 troops
blue: 20 troops
yellow: 20 troops
green: 20 troops

Kill everyone :) turn order wins again, but if parachutes... a magical fort behind my troop line can make a win :P
Major FreeFalling123

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:14 pm

FreeFalling123 wrote:haha get to last turn
Me: 150 troops
blue: 20 troops
yellow: 20 troops
green: 20 troops

Kill everyone :) turn order wins again, but if parachutes... a magical fort behind my troop line can make a win :P

You dont usually troll, but you're wrong. If turn order would win again, you would also win that with 20 troops vs 20, 20, 150.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Return to Suggestions