Conquer Club

Missing player shouldn't be first to play

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Missing player shouldn't be first to play

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:25 am

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=19715603

• green plays
  • blue plays
  • red misses turn
  • red and green can both start next round while blue has delay

how fucking braindead

no wonder freestyle is fucking dead. whoever made these changes to freestyle must've graduated with top marks from mencap.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: freestyle is fucked

Postby 2dimes on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:17 pm

Yah!
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Re: freestyle is faulty

Postby DBandit70 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:08 pm

the player that missed should have the block in my opinion
Major DBandit70

Postby king achilles on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:16 pm

If you were the last player to make his turn on a round, you should get this message:

You played last the previous round, so you must wait until either an opponent begins their turn or half of the round passes

Then when half the time has passed, whether the other player has made his turn or not, then you are no longer blocked from making your turn.
Sergeant 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:50 am

I know how it works, it's just stupid that the person who missed their turn isn't the one with the delay.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby mc05025 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:17 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I know how it works, it's just stupid that the person who missed their turn isn't the one with the delay.

it was like that from the start. There has been no changes. It is subjective if it is stupid or not. The logic is that you cannot play last and then first. So the one that missed the turn has no reason not to be able to play immediatly given this objective. On the other hand I undersatnd that you calculated that there is one more player to play after you so normaly he will take his turn after you and you will be able to start immediatly. But then the last player miss his turn and the plan doesn't work.
So there are logical arguments about what should be done but it is not a bug and they are not to be discussed in this forum.
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:58 pm

mc05025 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I know how it works, it's just stupid that the person who missed their turn isn't the one with the delay.

it was like that from the start. There has been no changes. It is subjective if it is stupid or not. The logic is that you cannot play last and then first. So the one that missed the turn has no reason not to be able to play immediatly given this objective. On the other hand I undersatnd that you calculated that there is one more player to play after you so normaly he will take his turn after you and you will be able to start immediatly. But then the last player miss his turn and the plan doesn't work.
So there are logical arguments about what should be done but it is not a bug and they are not to be discussed in this forum.

This^

It's a suggestion, not a bug. The system is Working As Designed; it's just Designed Badly.

Just to be clear, though, iAmCaffeine is not the one who posted it in Bugs. He posted in GD for general discussion, and some well-meaning mod moved it to Bugs.

MOVING for a second time, to Suggs this time...:)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Missing player shouldn't be first to play

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:00 pm

Also edited the title again.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

mc05025 wrote:

#1 freestyle did have changes to it, but maybe this wasn't one of them

#2 the missing player having the delay can only be abused after the first turn, if you correctly anticipate they'll miss again, but by this point all players in the game should be aware of that

#3 in a freestyle 1v1 it's not fair on the active person to have to wait longer because their opponent missed, especially freestyle freemium players

#4 thanks duk
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Return to Suggestions