Conquer Club

Game chat notification icon on chat tab

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Game chat notification icon on chat tab

Postby Mikoyabuse11 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:12 pm

Specifics/Details:

When a player opens a game, the dashboard tab "chat" could have a small icon that indicates that new, game chat (other than snap shots) has been posted if it has not yet been seen. Deals, alliances, border agreements etc are a big part of the game, yet it's constantly hampered by people not seeing/checking the game chat all the time. This results in lots of spam because when a player proposes some sort of deal in a game, they also will DM or post on the intended recipients profile wall just to insure that they see the new game chat because people missing chat is such an issue. A glance over many player's walls is just an endless stream of people posting "hey see game chat in game #xxxxxxxx". A tiny "new game chat" icon on the chat tab when a player pulls up a game would go a long way to fixing these issues.
Colonel Mikoyabuse11

Re: Game chat notification icon on chat tab

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:27 pm

I believe there is a little asterisk next to the enter icon if there is new chat in a game. Not very useful when you go from game to game though.
Colonel ZaBeast

Re: Game chat notification icon on chat tab

Postby ljex on Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:28 pm

ZaBeast wrote:I believe there is a little asterisk next to the enter icon if there is new chat in a game. Not very useful when you go from game to game though.

That is only if you have chatglove installed i believe
Captain ljex

Return to Suggestions