Conquer Club

Random Spoils Settings

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Random Spoils Settings

Postby *Pixar* on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Concise description:

This is kind of out there but bear with me. A setting for spoils where each round in the game is a random spoil setting.

Specifics/Details:

For example Round 1 may be Escalating (Which wouldn't benefit anyone of course until at least 3rd round) But once Round 3 and on begin, that's where the fun begins. So like Round 4 could be a nuclear round, where any set that is cashed would be nukes for that round, and then maybe the next round is Flat Rate, where it may benefit to hold onto that rainbow that you had instead of cashing it in on nuclear round. Not sure if this type of game play is possible but in my opinion I think it would be a blast. Just don't know if it's possible to keep escalating cards increasing when it gets taken away here and there.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

Would add another option of game play
Add another medal for this setting

Feel free to express any negative or positive thoughts about this. Or add some ideas if you have any.

Thanks, *Pixar*
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Random Spoils Settings

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:22 pm

*Pixar* wrote:Concise description:

This is kind of out there but bear with me. A setting for spoils where each round in the game is a random spoil setting.

Specifics/Details:

For example Round 1 may be Escalating (Which wouldn't benefit anyone of course until at least 3rd round) But once Round 3 and on begin, that's where the fun begins. So like Round 4 could be a nuclear round, where any set that is cashed would be nukes for that round, and then maybe the next round is Flat Rate, where it may benefit to hold onto that rainbow that you had instead of cashing it in on nuclear round. Not sure if this type of game play is possible but in my opinion I think it would be a blast. Just don't know if it's possible to keep escalating cards increasing when it gets taken away here and there.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

Would add another option of game play
Add another medal for this setting

Feel free to express any negative or positive thoughts about this. Or add some ideas if you have any.

Thanks, *Pixar*

I like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Kotaro on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:39 pm

I like it, but I think I'd like the idea of rotating over random.

If it's random, it could deeply impact a game (nuking/zombieing a huge stack), moreso than I think cards necessarily should. But if it were a predictable rotation, you could avoid some game changing card turn-in's.

Just my 2 cents; always could have both.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Maybe we could test this out in a Scenario?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Maybe we could test this out in a Scenario?

Whatcha thinkin?
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:07 pm

This would make for some wild games. I think you would have to eliminate escalating from the options though. It's too big of an advantage for one person to card and get a flat rate 10 or a few nukes, then next round someone else gets a +200 or something. But I love this idea.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby hotfire on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:54 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:This would make for some wild games. I think you would have to eliminate escalating from the options though. It's too big of an advantage for one person to card and get a flat rate 10 or a few nukes, then next round someone else gets a +200 or something. But I love this idea.

the player who goes first would just hold on to a set of 4 and sweep every game w escalating
Colonel hotfire

Postby *Pixar* on Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:55 am

hotfire wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:This would make for some wild games. I think you would have to eliminate escalating from the options though. It's too big of an advantage for one person to card and get a flat rate 10 or a few nukes, then next round someone else gets a +200 or something. But I love this idea.

the player who goes first would just hold on to a set of 4 and sweep every game w escalating

Not necessarily, I feel like escalating rounds would be the same as any other escalating game. The escalating sets shouldn't climb too much with rounds settings changing every round.
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:50 pm

*Pixar* wrote:
hotfire wrote:

Not necessarily, I feel like escalating rounds would be the same as any other escalating game. The escalating sets shouldn't climb too much with rounds settings changing every round.

You could make it that the escalating value increment increases after playing escalating sets only.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:26 pm

*Pixar* wrote:
hotfire wrote:

Yes, but escalating has a distinctly different strategy than any other setting. Nukes, flat rate and no spoils - while having different nuances still play mostly the same, cant speak for zombie because, who the fck plays zombie? You'd end up with the pendulum being swung way over to escalating. With trench - the zombie and nuke sets could potentially offset the advantage of an escalating spoil because you couldnt use it to sweep the board in one move. But on a standard game, getting the escalating sets would be too big of an advantage to not just sit and wait for. It would just turn into a weird escalating game. All speculation though - still a good idea!
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:20 am

I don't usually support new settings but if it was set to be a rotation and not random, I'd be well up for this.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Return to Suggestions