Conquer Club

Color Change to Compensate for Color-Blindness

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Color Change to Compensate for Color-Blindness

Postby spacewolf3 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:46 pm

thats what i am (colour blind) and im having difficulty seeing the difference between the colours. red/green looks the same. and the blues are tricky too. i understand this sounds stupid. but its hard to see.

how about altering a couple of colours. black instead of green. white instead of blue? :shock: :roll:
Cadet spacewolf3

Postby xMBKx on Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:46 pm

I agree with the colours but besides that besides that, I live in Europe and I don't know all the name of the States. In USA-map I can't read the name of all the states. I try and try to attack but I really can't read what name it stands. Please, is it possible to see in a normal map all the names so I could remember in future?
Major xMBKx

Postby apwessen on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:52 pm

xMBKx wrote:I agree with the colours but besides that besides that, I live in Europe and I don't know all the name of the States. In USA-map I can't read the name of all the states. I try and try to attack but I really can't read what name it stands. Please, is it possible to see in a normal map all the names so I could remember in future?

Maybe try looking at an atlas, map or google image search it? Shouldn't be that hard.
Sergeant 1st Class apwessen

Postby Pedronicus on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:19 pm

This is the standard RISK map - learn it, play it, or do one.....
Major Pedronicus

Postby WP_Wings on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:29 pm

I think its a good input and im not either colourblind or without an atlas. There is names on territories i cant read and also some colurs i have problem to see b/e of the strong background compared to light player colours. If its possible it would be great alter to make it easier to 'read' map. Finally i wish that suggestions or inputs that are not critics can be left alone from 'do it better yourself or shutup'. let forum be creative. peace
Private WP_Wings

Postby madeinchinain85 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:50 pm

I dont think the color of the territories is that much of a problem as it is to tell the difference between the color of armies...

But for that I have no solution too...seems like it would be a hard problem to solve, I mean how can you differentiate armies easily without using colors?
M@de in China
Corporal 1st Class madeinchinain85

Return to Suggestions