Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: [GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Postby concrete on Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:07 am

emilywink wrote:I support this proposal by Donelladan.

I dead beat nearly every time i sit down for some trench speeders and the game is clearly lost. Also, when i win i usually find myself being congratulated by my opponent, feeling satisfied with the victory, then my opponent leaves and the game is over, then i sit there by myself clicking buttons by myself for three rounds. If after i had my opponent beat i did not have to sit there and watch a clock count down i do not think it would be drastically worsening my CC experience. For the CC players that value watching time tic away when they are the only one in a game (if someone like the actually exists), i would like to think they would be able to sacrifice that small pleasure for the vast majority of people that would want the game to end when their opponent ends it. I would be happy to accommodate any future opponents that really enjoy watching the clock tic by dead beating rather than hitting resign at there request once they have won the game. If Donelladan is successful it would be significantly improving the CC experience.

if i wanted to click buttons by myself i am sure i could find a much more enjoyable way of going about it
;)

this is why you're the best wink, well said
Captain concrete

Location: Highest score...3251 /#49 .... sitters: RKCVED, scottp

Postby Hjaboa on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:10 am

Actually I can think a lot of reasons 4 the existence of a "Concede" (surrender, whatever) button on 1vs1. The most important, avoid dying by boredom when u were supposed to be enjoying the game.
However can't find a single reason for it's non-existance. So consider seriously improving cc game experience, since the cc dice radom.org generator is doing a good job killing it, but that's another story. YES, for "Concede" button.
Colonel Hjaboa

Postby king achilles on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:03 pm

There is a Resign button feature available in the Beta website right now. All those who are members of the Beta group can test this right now to check for any possible bugs before it can go live. If you want to join the Beta group, please contact Icepack or JamesKer1 as they are current team leaders of this group.
Sergeant 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Mad777 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:38 pm

king achilles wrote:There is a Resign button feature available in the Beta website right now. All those who are members of the Beta group can test this right now to check for any possible bugs before it can go live. If you want to join the Beta group, please contact Icepack or JamesKer1 as they are current team leaders of this group.

What type of settings did you select in order to test it? Does it appear with bot game?
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby top banana on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:58 am

If its good enough for Roberto Duran its good enough for me :D
No Mas
Cook top banana

Postby Mad777 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Mad777 wrote:
king achilles wrote:There is a Resign button feature available in the Beta website right now. All those who are members of the Beta group can test this right now to check for any possible bugs before it can go live. If you want to join the Beta group, please contact Icepack or JamesKer1 as they are current team leaders of this group.

What type of settings did you select in order to test it? Does it appear with bot game?

Did someone found it? I guess it's not working against bot....anyone want to start a game in the Beta site to check it?
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby scottp on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:13 am

this is awesome. as a non member of the Beta group, may I ask how it's going?

I've come across the term "db" lately. At first I thought i was being called a dew*h bag, but I realized it meant my opponent was deatbeating. Seemed very efficient, and I have done the same since. But a button would be a mubh better solution. A "db" pledege to deadbeat doesn't prevent someone from sneaking back into teh game once you've left it thinking you won...
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby Donelladan on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:54 am

It's working well for 1vs1.
Tests are ongoing for polymorphic game.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby clangfield on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Donelladan wrote:It's working well for 1vs1.

The code might be working, but what safeguards are there against abuse? Are they being tested?
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Donelladan on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:02 pm

I can't tell you for sure how it will be implemented, I am only testing the option on the beta site at the moment. So take what follows with caution please it's not an answer from CC team ;)

The resign button is only available after round 10, therefore it can't be used as a fast way to earn points - not faster than playing 1vs1 game on doodle earth for example.
Also it will be only be for 1vs1 or poly games, and it should only be for trench and speed games.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby loutil on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:52 pm

It is about time...
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Re: [GP] HORRIBLE FUCKING IDEA / STILL TO THIS DAY

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:18 pm

clangfield wrote:
Donelladan wrote:It's working well for 1vs1.

The code might be working, but what safeguards are there against abuse? Are they being tested?

yeah... sure... kind of like the settings that caused people to cry out for this, were tested... go read those threads were users warned against these multi month games created by these CONCRETE SETTINGS... i guarantee not one rule breaker or member that has served a ban is in that beta group. a bunch of boy scouts patting the coders on the back for the wonderful job they did... yes, this time it will work, as opposed to the last time... sounds like the plot to the next Jurasic Park...

loutil wrote:It is about time...

um... but the site had it before and removed the feature because of rampant abuse... it is stupid... you all play these games that take months to end, even when you know you have lost, and so now, you want to be able to quit. how about not playing fucking games that take months to play, when they can be over in 20 rounds (knowing you are going to lose), but your settings make them last another 1 to 2 to 3 months... this is not a solution for people that play shitty settings and get stuck in games. the solution is to strip down the settings and get back to what CC was meant to be. this was a mistake when it was first tried and it is going to be an even bigger mistake this time around. wow, less than 60 people demanded it in a thread, so it is implemented... 10 times as many have asked to have the maps sorted by difficulty, etc, and that is overlooked.

the powers that be are looking for a magic pill to reverse the years and years of settings/maps/poor decisions, that have put this site on the downward spiral. unbelievable that these people are arrogant enough to believe that they have the answer to implement this and to keep it from going down the same path it went down before. the beta site is full of boy scouts, not the scoundrels that will find ways to manipulate this as they did before.

more wasted time on coding, when simple things could be done to fix the site. how about dividing the maps and putting the freestyle rules back to what they were. a surrender button that less than 100 people that people CONCRETE SETTINGS clamored for, is not the answer... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:37 pm

Save your breathe Owen, I tried discussing it here. Instead of discuss / debate it the answer was to spam wall a ton of people to get them to come here and post their report to drown out any negative conversation.

And to be clear - one or two individuals might be testing it on beta (the ones who pushed it thru suggestions here) but the beta team leader is MIA, and there isn't even a post / thread in the beta area detailing the update, how it's supposed to work, or anything along the lines of actual beta testing. So it's really getting pushed thru by a few inidividuals who are testing it themselves with little / no oversight or actual beta activity by the rest of the people in beta.

In other words there is no real beta testing going on like there used to be.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Ice, if you want to derail a thread, pick someone and discuss a side issue, sidetrack the thread so much that no one remembers the real reason for the thread.

Its simple. Easier if you have a partner in crime.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Donelladan on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Hey IcePack.

What you said about beta team/beta tester is probably true, it would be nice to have more people testing this new option.
If you feel like starting some games, let me know, I am up for it. Otherwise if you'd like to advise me a way to get more people helping testing this, I'll gladly accept any advice.

Concerning the first part of your post that's not really true. I did wall and sent pm to some people to get them to support this suggestion, true, but it was not to drown out any negative conversation.It was to demonstrate that the vast majority of people playing speed and/or trench game are supporting this suggestion.
I actually did not get anyone answering they are against this and I did not know the opinion of most the people I contacted. So as far as I can tell from the answers I received, I can report 100% approval from the people that will have access to this button.
Because I hope you'd be happy to know that neither you, IcePack, nor owenshooter, ( and nor clangfield) are concerned by this resign button since it is destined to be available only for trench speed game.

I do not think it is ever too late to discuss/debate, and I am totally up to keep talking about it with you here or elsewhere.
My feeling was, and still is, that you arguments against this resign button belongs more to a kind of religious/mystical fear of hell coming through if we implement it rather than on logical arguments. Feel free to consider that this feeling come from my inability to understand your logic ;)

Hope that after all you know that just like you, I love CC, and I wish to make it better, that's my only motive behind pushing this.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Patsy found, now play
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Don,
I stopped beta testing awhile ago, so I'll pass on the games.
Regarding getting more people involved, thats something that needs to be resolved much higher level then just this suggestion. So I dont really have much advice there, seeing as the lead Beta Tester is MIA.

It is true, when people started posting their "support" for the suggestion I noticed your wall comment on one, and then started checking everyone elses walls. A huge majority of them all had the following message on their walls:

hello, I am gathering support so that a "concede button" is introduced for trench game.
would be glad to have you say you support my suggestion.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67152&view=unread#unread

Notice the wording here. Not, I would appreciate your feedback on this, or I would like your opinion, or join the discussion.
Just "say you support my suggestion". You might not have intended to drown out any negative conversation, but you basically killed the discussion at that point getting a flood of people posting support (your message doesn't ask them to post if they feel otherwise). So I'm not surprised you had nobody answer saying they were against it.

Thats right, I forgot. Because you think we dont play the setting enough our opinions dont matter. So is there really a point to me continuing to discuss it? You dismiss my opinion regardless of what it is, because "I dont play the setting" and dont understand, apparently. Maybe because I'm stupid? I can't possibly understand something I don't play I guess...

Donelladan wrote:Hey IcePack.

What you said about beta team/beta tester is probably true, it would be nice to have more people testing this new option.
If you feel like starting some games, let me know, I am up for it. Otherwise if you'd like to advise me a way to get more people helping testing this, I'll gladly accept any advice.

Concerning the first part of your post that's not really true. I did wall and sent pm to some people to get them to support this suggestion, true, but it was not to drown out any negative conversation.It was to demonstrate that the vast majority of people playing speed and/or trench game are supporting this suggestion.
I actually did not get anyone answering they are against this and I did not know the opinion of most the people I contacted. So as far as I can tell from the answers I received, I can report 100% approval from the people that will have access to this button.
Because I hope you'd be happy to know that neither you, IcePack, nor owenshooter, ( and nor clangfield) are concerned by this resign button since it is destined to be available only for trench speed game.

I do not think it is ever too late to discuss/debate, and I am totally up to keep talking about it with you here or elsewhere.
My feeling was, and still is, that you arguments against this resign button belongs more to a kind of religious/mystical fear of hell coming through if we implement it rather than on logical arguments. Feel free to consider that this feeling come from my inability to understand your logic ;)

Hope that after all you know that just like you, I love CC, and I wish to make it better, that's my only motive behind pushing this.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mrswdk on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:29 am

>complains not enough people do beta testing
>refuses to do beta testing when offered the chance
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:53 am

Well, whatever about the wall spam to get support to the suggestion. Now that the suggestions is being developed, I stopped it, and I think it is quite off topic so I won't discuss it further.

Thats right, I forgot. Because you think we dont play the setting enough our opinions dont matter. So is there really a point to me continuing to discuss it? You dismiss my opinion regardless of what it is, because "I dont play the setting" and dont understand, apparently. Maybe because I'm stupid? I can't possibly understand something I don't play I guess...

Well, I don't think I ever said your opinions does not matter.
I dismissed your arguments because they are not matching the reality I know. Therefore yes, I truly think you are/were unaware of what is the current situation that trench speed players are experiencing everyday, thus your solutions to the problem being unadapted or unrealistic, in my humble opinion.

Just have a look at owen post, his solution is that we stopped playing trench games, and remove the setting from CC.
I can't do anything but dismiss that kind of arguments, which is why I didn't bother replying him btw.
This is caricatural compared to your arguments, but one of your last one was, "let's enforce the rule and forbid people to deadbeat" is not a realistic solution either according to me.
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: [GP] HORRIBLE FUCKING IDEA / STILL TO THIS DAY

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:29 am

cement shoes... cement shoes...

learn from your past mistakes, CC... learn. from. your. past. mistakes. the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

p.s.-wait until the boy scouts turn this over to the sharks... that is a real BETA TEST...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby cooney on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:03 pm

Feel we've needed this for awhile.
Look forward to its implementation.
Major cooney

Postby TigR on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:10 pm

yes. please add concede!
Captain TigR

Postby macbone on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:00 pm

I'm on the fence with this one.

Yes, I do think it's needed for some games that are clearly over and one player ends up deadbeating on, just to hurry the game along.

However, like Owen said, the potential is there for its abuse and misuse.

+0 for me.
Colonel macbone

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:51 am

It's for that reason that this is in beta, although whether it's being moderated and worked on is another issue.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions