Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby rockfist on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:11 pm

John Deere wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:
John Deere wrote:Funny thing is when we where 10-0 the top clans still wouldn't play us. :lol:

Clans like KORT and TOFU never played casual wars and were all about the big tournaments. If you couldn't beat us in the big tournaments like Conquerers Cup and Clan League, what makes you think you would have beaten us in a casual war? Please don't be silly. 8-)

The big tournaments never aligned with our schedule. To many vacations

Own goal much? Or if you prefer a more American way of looking at it, these are the words of whiny little bitch trying to deadlift 315.

Top clans sign up for the big tournaments. Play regardless of who is available and regardless of who they draw.

/argument
Major rockfist

Postby John Deere on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 pm

rockfist wrote:
John Deere wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:
John Deere wrote:Funny thing is when we where 10-0 the top clans still wouldn't play us. :lol:

Clans like KORT and TOFU never played casual wars and were all about the big tournaments. If you couldn't beat us in the big tournaments like Conquerers Cup and Clan League, what makes you think you would have beaten us in a casual war? Please don't be silly. 8-)

Own goal much? Or if you prefer a more American way of looking at it, these are the words of whiny little bitch trying to deadlift 315.

Top clans sign up for the big tournaments. Play regardless of who is available and regardless of who they draw.

/argument

Well I tend to put more time into real life instead of CC. But be a part of a whiny little bitch clan that wont plan a 1v1 clan war cause they dont want to loose. I can out talk shit against you and every other ass hat little bitch on here. Have a good evening. I would play against you on some 1v1 also. Shut up and play. Invite me.
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:09 pm

John Deere wrote:Well I tend to put more time into real life instead of CC. But be a part of a whiny little bitch clan that wont plan a 1v1 clan war cause they dont want to loose. I can out talk shit against you and every other ass hat little bitch on here. Have a good evening. I would play against you on some 1v1 also. Shut up and play. Invite me.

Don't you want to kick off the dust a little bit first before talking all this trash?

Maybe you should join a clan and stick it to TOFU and S&M. :)
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:55 pm

John Deere wrote:
rockfist wrote:
John Deere wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

/argument

Well I tend to put more time into real life instead of CC. But be a part of a whiny little bitch clan that wont plan a 1v1 clan war cause they dont want to loose. I can out talk shit against you and every other ass hat little bitch on here. Have a good evening. I would play against you on some 1v1 also. Shut up and play. Invite me.

Premium for poly games (doubs, trips, quads)
Donā€™t want you to say I got lucky when I beat you...if money is an issue I will pay your premium...in fact I bet best of 10 I beat you 5 my games 5 yours...
Colonel MTIceman41

Postby rockfist on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:04 pm

Yeah get premium 1v1 has nothing to do with clan games. Poly is much closer.

And no you canā€™t talk shit to me unless your joskoā€™s multi :lol:
Major rockfist

Postby riskllama on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:05 am

dude probs doesn't even lift... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby i-andrei on Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:32 pm

I guess it would be nice to see some all time stats for clans: cups won, leagues won, wars won/lost, time in activity and aggregate them into an unofficial ranking.
That would make more sense than chewing on this subject.
Major i-andrei

Postby rockfist on Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Ice pack did something like that if you scroll up, itā€™s here I donā€™t 100% agree with his methodology but itā€™s a good starting place.
Major rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:23 pm

rockfist wrote:Ice pack did something like that if you scroll up, itā€™s here I donā€™t 100% agree with his methodology but itā€™s a good starting place.

Yeah this was more meant as a fun excersize regarding events. Sounds like his is more all encompassing including time on scene and pick up wars, etc. so a lot more broad then what I put together

Iā€™m open to suggestions on changing the method, I wasnā€™t planning on really keeping up w or making it some significant thing beyond adding to the discussion a bit
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:02 pm

John Deere wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

:lol: :lol: So cute. Yall did play casual war just refused to play us. The big tournaments never aligned with our schedule. To many vacations, but hey whatever makes you feel better.

Haha! As a competitive clan, those wars should have been priority to hold a place in the rankings. Saying they didn't align with your schedule is cute. You didn't compete because you guys were chickens, that's all. :lol: Chicken lickens!

You're either trolling, to which I'll say "well played." Or you're actually serious to which I'll say "You're adorable!" :lol: :twisted:

EDIT: Oops! Yeah Kort/S&M vs The Pack. It happened. Twice. And you guys were spanked hard. :lol:
2018: https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... WarId=3046
2016: https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... WarId=2677
Last edited by Shannon Apple on Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby i-andrei on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:09 pm

IcePack wrote:
rockfist wrote:Ice pack did something like that if you scroll up, itā€™s here I donā€™t 100% agree with his methodology but itā€™s a good starting place.

Yeah this was more meant as a fun excersize regarding events. Sounds like his is more all encompassing including time on scene and pick up wars, etc. so a lot more broad then what I put together

Iā€™m open to suggestions on changing the method, I wasnā€™t planning on really keeping up w or making it some significant thing beyond adding to the discussion a bit

That's what i was thinking but i wouldn't know where to start in order not to miss anything. Not sure if the Clan tab offers everything, even for the ones that don't exist anymore.
Major i-andrei

Postby John Deere on Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:10 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:
John Deere wrote:
rockfist wrote:
John Deere wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

/argument

Premium for poly games (doubs, trips, quads)
Donā€™t want you to say I got lucky when I beat you...if money is an issue I will pay your premium...in fact I bet best of 10 I beat you 5 my games 5 yours...

Money an issue? LOL Very cute. I will be down once I get my head wrapped around all this again. I haven't been active in like 8 years. I dont even know what poly is. No way I could start now due to having a couple more vacations this year. We take a lot of trips so it would have to be team games. I refuse to be on vacations with wife and kids worrying about taking a turn at a certain time. But I will be down at some point early next year.
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby MTIceman41 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:54 am

You got stock in chick filet? Popeyes? El pollo loco? :lol:
My dog has a bigger pair just saying...
Best of luck with your travels; when ready letā€™s go :D
Colonel MTIceman41

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:32 am

i-andrei wrote:
IcePack wrote:

That's what i was thinking but i wouldn't know where to start in order not to miss anything. Not sure if the Clan tab offers everything, even for the ones that don't exist anymore.

I created a thread called trophy case where you see every cup won.
The clan tab gives you all the win/loss ratios and such of active clans but if you dig deeper you can also see the ones that disapeared.
then there are also several methodologies of clan ranking... some current angoing ranking with active clans on which we all agree more or less, and then, in terms of "all time" no one agrees on a methodology.. that's why there is this discussion thread.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:44 am

John Deere wrote:
rockfist wrote:
John Deere wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

/argument

honestly JD... I was part of pack of these good old days for 2 years... then I've been in TOFU for about a year... then LHDD ever since. I've won every existing major and minor clan tournament with LHDD. I know what it is to have a tight clan schedule, with overlapping clan touraments when you do a full season; and mostly how difficult it is to do it year after year. Pack was playing one war at a time; with everybody skyping each turn, which on the long run s not viable and too intrusive in everybody's life. People got burnt out super fast. If your clan is in the CC cup, there is virtually no breaks from one war to the next, then add on top of that clan leagues that come in every 2 week, then if you're eventually playing the random cup; tribe events, and other clan related events there is just no time for accepting a war against a clan that is just starting and is on a great winning streak. A clan named TOP kind of did that, when they started they made a roster with players based on the leaderboard scores, and they were basically doing tons of wars against all the worse and mid tier clans until they reached the first place... they were quite hated as they were bragging a lot without proving much... and that's pretty much the story of the pack in those days. No one likes the new kid that brags a lot and hasn't proven what he pretends he did.
Major betiko

Postby .SCuD. on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:01 am

It really just depends what you mean by best, doesn't it.

Best individual squad at a point in time?
Best consistency delivered over a period of time?
Most wins ever?

For me it is most consistent clan over a reasonable period. If you win big events every year for 4 years, with a couple of years winning multiples, with strong performances elsewhere. Well that is what will make a clan the greatest.

A clan picking up a lot of wins just because they've been around a long time is not terribly impressive. Having the greatest individual squad at one point in time? It's impressive, it's worthy of merit, but it's a separate thing. I don't think that makes them great as a clan.
It's really difficult to define individual squad strength. A player may be top 3 in terms of skill level, but only want to take on 3-4 games at a time, so actully they are of minor benefit. Someone else may only be the 40th best player on the site, but they are willing to contribute 30 games at time, and fully focus in each of them. That player is likely more valuable.
Best position - >>>> over there >>>>
Current position - here
Colonel .SCuD.

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:49 am

.SCuD. wrote:It really just depends what you mean by best, doesn't it.

Best individual squad at a point in time? FC AJAX - NAPOLI - BORUSSIA DORTMUND - LIVERPOOL
Best consistency delivered over a period of time? BARCELONA, REAL MADRID, MANU, JUVENTUS, AC MILAN, BAYERN MUNCHEN
Most wins ever?

For me it is most consistent clan over a reasonable period. If you win big events every year for 4 years, with a couple of years winning multiples, with strong performances elsewhere. Well that is what will make a clan the greatest.

A clan picking up a lot of wins just because they've been around a long time is not terribly impressive. Having the greatest individual squad at one point in time? It's impressive, it's worthy of merit, but it's a separate thing. I don't think that makes them great as a clan.
It's really difficult to define individual squad strength. A player may be top 3 in terms of skill level, but only want to take on 3-4 games at a time, so actully they are of minor benefit. Someone else may only be the 40th best player on the site, but they are willing to contribute 30 games at time, and fully focus in each of them. That player is likely more valuable.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Mishalex on Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:09 am

Most wins ever?

I 100% agree with that

Game 13160196 One of my best victory

"I noob, you noob, he/she noobs, we noob, you noob, they noob" Mishalex - Game 16115315
Sergeant Mishalex

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:50 pm

Mishalex wrote:

Most wins ever?

I 100% agree with that

yeah most people would, there's not exactly anything ground breaking or new being said there
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:12 pm

betiko wrote:
John Deere wrote:
rockfist wrote:
John Deere wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

/argument

honestly JD... I was part of pack of these good old days for 2 years... then I've been in TOFU for about a year... then LHDD ever since. I've won every existing major and minor clan tournament with LHDD. I know what it is to have a tight clan schedule, with overlapping clan touraments when you do a full season; and mostly how difficult it is to do it year after year. Pack was playing one war at a time; with everybody skyping each turn, which on the long run s not viable and too intrusive in everybody's life. People got burnt out super fast. If your clan is in the CC cup, there is virtually no breaks from one war to the next, then add on top of that clan leagues that come in every 2 week, then if you're eventually playing the random cup; tribe events, and other clan related events there is just no time for accepting a war against a clan that is just starting and is on a great winning streak. A clan named TOP kind of did that, when they started they made a roster with players based on the leaderboard scores, and they were basically doing tons of wars against all the worse and mid tier clans until they reached the first place... they were quite hated as they were bragging a lot without proving much... and that's pretty much the story of the pack in those days. No one likes the new kid that brags a lot and hasn't proven what he pretends he did.

Well said betiko.

And also, I have been laughing SO hard today.
I asked around to make sure I haven't misunderstood betiko. But apparently it is common knowledge that PACK had multiple people on skype look at turns. Not uncommon to have 10 people helping to direct a turn is what multiple sources tell me.. :lol: :lol:

I realize some people might be under the illusion that "everyone does it" or "the top clans probably do worse", and I hate to burst bubbles, but I know for a fact that neither S&M nor TOFU would ever do that shit. Hell, both clans work energetically to eliminate even the hint of sitting abuse. They play with integrity.
So if you need 8-12 members of your clan to brainstorm a turn against a TOFU trips team, and you still lose the war....
Then I hate to break it to you, but you are not the best :lol: You disqualify yourselves from the discussion entirely.

Dying here.
This is just embarrassing.
Major Arama86n

Postby niMic on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Let's put it this way, there's a reason S&M (and KoRT before it) has always had quite a lot of members. It's probably what has enabled us to stay relevant for so long, since spreading the game load has kept players from burning out too quickly. We've basically never had anyone play the maximum amount of allowed games, because we haven't had to.

And as Arama86n says, certainly S&M and I'm sure also TOFU have never had players coming in and running games they're not actually playing in. Why would anyone even want to be in a clan under those circumstances?
Highest score: 3690
Highest rank: 21
General niMic

Postby rockfist on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:24 pm

I once took max games and had two people I sit for go on vacation during that war. It was a terrible experience.
Major rockfist

Postby niMic on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:03 pm

I can imagine. These days my game load in general is very low, and I think back in disbelief at that relatively short period where I had a hundred games going at the same time. Most of them World 2.1 quads, probably. I must have been out of my mind. But then I've never been the most prolific player, and compared to most old accounts I've got very few games indeed.
Highest score: 3690
Highest rank: 21
General niMic

Postby .SCuD. on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:43 am

Is it against the rules to have people outside of the team in the game look at turns? Not being facetious here, it seemed that someone suggested it and I would have assumed that was not a rule.

I don't think I've ever done it, or been asked to do it. My original thought is that I wouldn't care, but upon thinking about it more It would seem questionable ethically depending on the circumstances.

I have, however, on many many occasions, spent a large amount of time discussing the general strategy of a map with someone I knew was an expert on it before taking my turns. There was never any specific game discussed though, only the concept of what things matter on that map in a more general sense.

and... in response to Caff.... I think you will find that what I said was groundbreaking. I will perhaps be spoken of in the same vein as Kurt Godel in years to come.
Best position - >>>> over there >>>>
Current position - here
Colonel .SCuD.

Postby Arama86n on Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:35 am

.SCuD. wrote:I have, however, on many many occasions, spent a large amount of time discussing the general strategy of a map with someone I knew was an expert on it before taking my turns. There was never any specific game discussed though, only the concept of what things matter on that map in a more general sense.

Yeah,that's two very different things. Discussing map strategy is 100% ok. Discussing a specific game turn is cheating.

It all becomes very simple of we make a comparison to chess. Can you have a chess teacher who teaches you strategy, positions etc? of course.
Are you allowed to have an ear piece with your teachers voice telling you what to do in a specific game against an unwitting opponent? Of course not..

Outside of the clan world I could see some almost reasonable arguments being made against what I am saying.
But in an official clan game, in the Conquerors Cup? No... just no. Clear-cut cheating.
I'd wager that most honest people would agree that it's always cheating if the opponents are unwitting to it. Brokering an unfair advantage.

And look, I can easily see the sort of arguments people would make against me here. But hey, if someone wants to stand knee deep in mud and argue that their boots aren't dirty I just walk away. The only reason I got engaged was that someone said their clan was the best and everyone was too afraid to face them, only to have a former member put forth that half their clan was brainstorming turns together on skype. Funniest shit I've read on this forum for a very long time.

P.S. long time no see .SCuD., I hope all is well with you.
Major Arama86n

PreviousNext

Return to Clans