Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby friendly1 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:43 am

At different times I believe Thota, Kort and Tofu have dominated the clan scene. They would always hit the top three for me.

I've played for a long time here on CC and honestly always felt Thota was in a league of its own until their first loss (no mention of that I see) which was a pretty amazing war. I think they dominated more than the other clans but I do concede the whole clan scene wouldn't even be recognizable by todays standards. Of course Tofu and Kort have led at times when there was more competition and diversity. Just how you perceive each clan. Not sure you can do the "apples to apples" ranking and be fair, its all more opinion than substance.

f1
Sergeant 1st Class friendly1

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 am

demonfork wrote:
Dako wrote:Oh yeah, I do remember those times when every major war thread had a sig battle as well. And it was less sport and more competition back then.

The sig battle, at times, was more fun than the actual game.

When IA fought The Pack a few years back our sig battle, as well as the war thread were both epic. I haven't had that level of fun on CC since then.

The Bpb's were defiantly innovators when I came to their sigs and they added a new level of coolness that contributed to the overall clan experience.

Like I said this list is a joke. It's another blitz type list of "hey everyone look how good I am"

And this thread has been the best read in a long time in the clan world. So my purpose has been served. Less about the actual rankings and more about the discussion it has sparked.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:53 am

Bruceswar wrote:
demonfork wrote:
Dako wrote:Oh yeah, I do remember those times when every major war thread had a sig battle as well. And it was less sport and more competition back then.

When IA fought The Pack a few years back our sig battle, as well as the war thread were both epic. I haven't had that level of fun on CC since then.

The Bpb's were defiantly innovators when I came to their sigs and they added a new level of coolness that contributed to the overall clan experience.

Like I said this list is a joke. It's another blitz type list of "hey everyone look how good I am"

And this thread has been the best read in a long time in the clan world. So my purpose has been served. Less about the actual rankings and more about the discussion it has sparked.

I have to agree with bruce. We ve had people from so many clans throwing in their 2 cents in here, some that have been absent from the forums in ages.
Epenis contests are a good thing, we ve been lacking of clan related conversation lately.
Major betiko

Postby Dako on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:54 am

We can compose a thread of most memorable CC people. Blitz, ediit, freakns instantly come to mind. Miss them ^^.
Colonel Dako

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:59 am

Dako wrote:We can compose a thread of most memorable CC people. Blitz, ediit, freakns instantly come to mind. Miss them ^^.

Master fenrir was hilarious. I was pretty disappointed when i joined tofu to see that he wasn t posting anymore, thought the tofu forum would be full of his gems.
Drunk eddie2 sure brought some entertainment, and of course the muppet show duo josko/cof! :lol:
Major betiko

Postby demonfork on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:31 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
demonfork wrote:

Valid point.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby reptile on Sun May 03, 2015 12:41 am

skillfull wrote:
reptile wrote:4 TSM - This clan was carried by Seul, not a complete clan, they just used seul to the max every war. One of the best players/not clan

You are wrong about that.
Even if Seul is/was one of the best players on CC , what you are saying is wrong. I could explained that to you pretty easy but i am not sure that you keep reading this thread.
Edit: My choice about the first 3 positions is:

1)THOTA
2)KORT
3)TOFU

I did mis speak there skillfull. I think he was one of the best on CC but that whole clan was tough as nails. But had they not had seul i am not sure they would have been as great. That is more my thoughts on it.
Captain reptile

Postby reptile on Sun May 03, 2015 12:46 am

I will all but second this. Well said bruce. =D> =D> =D> I could nit pick it a little bit but overall excellent. You have been around long enough and involved enough to make as good of an opinion as anyone.

Bruceswar wrote:BPB in their prime was good. Top 10, maybe so, but not all time.

Here is a top ten list of clans based on their top prime clan. If you had one war to play how each clan would rank. This means each clan at 100%. Best players and fully focused. This does not mean that any higher rank would auto beat any other clan lower, but just a likely hood of it happening.

1. KORT
2. THOTA
3. LOW
4. TOFU
5. TSM
6. ID
7. IA
8. ACE
9. AOC
10. EMP

Clans that are very close. (In No Order)
PACK
NEM
TUC (The Untouchables)
FOED
OSA

Before everybody starts jumping on me for ID, they were a beast back in 2007 and played THOTA to a standstill over 60 games, which they added 40 more games. Any thoughts?
Captain reptile

Postby Arama86n on Tue May 05, 2015 5:44 am

khazalid wrote:and verily, the clanscene was without form and light, and the shooter said: let there be signatures and shtick, an lo, there appeared signatures and shtick, and he saw that it was, err, good.

is that right?

:D

betiko wrote:
Dako wrote:PACK vs IA pales next to CoF vs josko :).

Hum... One rivalry was mostly about name calling... The other about writing pages long paragraphs to justify josko s greatness vs witty comebacks by cof yet cof would never let things go and just fuel josko... Some of these fightings were fun to read, some others were just conversations going in circle quoted 10 times that were not worth reading, it was just about looking the amount of text each one would come up with.

That sums it up very nicely in my opinion! :lol:
Last edited by Arama86n on Tue May 05, 2015 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Arama86n

Postby Arama86n on Tue May 05, 2015 6:00 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:I think it would be fair to say that KORT and TOFU were both at their peaks during CC3 a couple years ago, and TOFU won that exchange. In their absolute prime, I would rank the top 5 as:
1. THOTA
2. TOFU
2. KORT (tied with TOFU)
4. LOW
5. TSM

If you want to go by overall performance (factoring in longevity and staying power), I think the top 3 would change to:
1. KORT
2. TOFU
3. THOTA

I would say KORT was at the very top of its game from CC 1 into CC 2. CC 1 was a great win, but CC 2 we seemed like a machine that time. Nobody was going to stop us. TOFU hit in CC 3 ..

TOFU, KORT, THOTA, LOW, TSM. On any given day each of these could have beaten each other at 100% health. If I had to pick one clan of the 5 I think KORT would have ever so slightly edged out THOTA.

You can throw titles around if you want, but to say that KORT was dominant in CC1 is a very selective interpretation of reality. Didn't TOFU win more games than KORT when they faced each other in CC1 and were effectively disqualified because of a technicality?
My point here is that It's a stretch at best to say that KORT was the dominant clan at THAT time (CC1).
During CC2 and CC4 I believe KORT was stronger than TOFU or anyone else, hands down.
During CC1 and CC3 it can not be said so.

I think Doc (and one or two others) hit the nail on the head though: It all becomes a question of which perspective you wish to view the question of a top-ten list from. Long-levity, prime, titles etc. There is no correct answer.

If KORT win CC5 the answer to me becomes clearer. If TOFU should win CC5, you couldn't pay me to have this discussion, because it will be just become a bunch of dick-waving by people who do not understand that their subjective opinions are not gospel. Which I suppose, it for the most part, already is.

There is no spoon.
Major Arama86n

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Thu May 07, 2015 6:27 pm

betiko wrote:owen, trench didn't even exist when bpb was still around.
and sigs wars... I remember when we did some pretty funny shit with pack against empire with dogs in star wars theme... there was more of this back in those days.
And the funniest thing i've seen in the clan world was that hitler capitulation subtitle video empire did when they won against tofu when cof wasn't around.
TNC did a pretty funny one too when they beat pack.

Thanks, Betiko. . .I made that one back in the day. . ..lol. . ..and you guys handed it to Empire later on, although I did not have the pleasure of competing in that one as I had left the site. . . Another funny thing was that I started calling them COFU instead of TOFU in our forums. . .then when COF briefly joined EMPIRE, I had to go and delete all the stuff I had typed in threads, lol. . ..alas, I see that now even Simon is gone. . .and for the record, I showed him that video before going public with it and basically asked him what he thought and if it was ok to share, and he thought it was hilarious and was good with it going public.

I owe a lot to Fruitcake of the BPB, as he sort of taught me how to play team games when I was brand new ... and my perception of the Bandits has always been along the lines of the CC version of Marat Safin. .. .great talent, but for whatever reason, you just aren't sure what you are going to get. ..

I am not sure how to split hairs and rank much of this, but I am thankful that people still remember Empire as a good and competitive clan and their presence is still felt with the current successes of ACE.

Some clans have or have had a dominant player who "helps" everyone along. . .does anyone feel that a clan with this situation has achievements diminished when it lacks a team effort when the spirit of the game demands a test of the depth of a clan's talent?

If so, does that change a ranking? here is a picture from the old days, lol. . ..

Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby Dako on Thu May 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Empire surely was a top notch clan back in days. When I entered clan scene I was choosing between LoW, THOTA and Empire. Somehow I ended up confounding TOFU :-D
Colonel Dako

Postby Arama86n on Fri May 08, 2015 12:57 am

TheSpaceCowboy wrote:Some clans have or have had a dominant player who "helps" everyone along. . .does anyone feel that a clan with this situation has achievements diminished when it lacks a team effort when the spirit of the game demands a test of the depth of a clan's talent?

I suppose it's human to speculate about your rivals as you describe. But to think that any clan is a one man show is, in my opinion, ignorance.
Does it diminish achievements? Not sure about that, but I suppose it gives rivals something to blame for their losses.

I suppose some people would use CoF as a prime example in your question. And sure, he did far more than his fair share of organising, and took on a heavy game load. That was who he was, a driven, dedicated and exceptional player and person.
Chariot of Fire left us a year ago though. For any queries about if TOFU survived without him I direct people to CL6, or the F400, or to your next war with us.
We're still here, see ya on the field. And do try not to get blood on the carpet please. ;)

"How to prepare 61 forms of TOFU in 61 games or less" :lol: :lol:
Love it :)
Major Arama86n

Postby Denise on Sat May 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Moe! It's so good to see you on the site again, and you're premium!! Pile on the games! :P

That video was hilarious. Empire was my first clan and a great clan to be part of, during that time. I don't know the top 10 clans of all time but when I first started in the clan scene my perception was THOTA, TSM, LOW, IA, Empire, AOC (maybe last 2 are tied) in that order. Right now I think TOFU and ACE are extremely close for first. Our wins over them are too close to account skill as the determining factor. Not saying it's entirely luck, though. Missed turns, organization, etc all play a role in determining the winner of a war. A year ago, KORT was the best.

I think it interesting both Empire & AOC couldn't break into the top 3 alone but when they merged, that gave them the edge to do so. Food for thought.. The competitive nature of clans can be frustrating when it gets out of hand but it also makes for a lot of fun. :)
Last edited by Denise on Sun May 31, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Denise

Postby jj3044 on Sun May 31, 2015 8:19 am

Denise wrote:I think it interesting both Empire & ACE couldn't break into the top 3 alone but when they merged, that gave them the edge to do so. Food for thought.. The competitive nature of clans can be frustrating when it gets out of hand but it also makes for a lot of fun. :)

Not entirely true, Denise... when EMP creamed Tofu in our full war, it boosted us to the #1 spot (until we lost to Kort), if you are talking F400...

I miss you and Cat. Throw me an invite sometime. :D
Colonel jj3044

Postby betiko on Sun May 31, 2015 9:23 am

Denise wrote:Moe! It's so good to see you on the site again, and you're premium!! Pile on the games! :P

That video was hilarious. Empire was my first clan and a great clan to be part of, during that time. I don't know the top 10 clans of all time but when I first started in the clan scene my perception was THOTA, TSM, LOW, IA, Empire, ACE (maybe last 2 are tied) in that order. Right now I think TOFU and ACE are extremely close for first. Our wins over them are too close to account skill as the determining factor. Not saying it's entirely luck, though. Missed turns, organization, etc all play a role in determining the winner of a war. A year ago, KORT was the best.

I think it interesting both Empire & ACE couldn't break into the top 3 alone but when they merged, that gave them the edge to do so. Food for thought.. The competitive nature of clans can be frustrating when it gets out of hand but it also makes for a lot of fun. :)

As soon as fallen validates its victory over ACE, LHDD will nick that 3rd spot in the F400 ranking over ACE though. I think ACE will fall to the 4th place with Fallen close 5th
Major betiko

Postby Denise on Sun May 31, 2015 10:09 am

jj3044 wrote:Not entirely true, Denise... when EMP creamed Tofu in our full war, it boosted us to the #1 spot (until we lost to Kort), if you are talking F400...

I miss you and Cat. Throw me an invite sometime. :D

Right! I'm not sure how I forgot about that! :shock: I have the worse memory ever. Yes, let's play soon, JJ. I had to edit my first post, because I inadvertently used ACE acronyms for AOC (thx Leehar).

Yep, betiko, I'm amazed at the rise of LHDD, congrats!
Major Denise

Postby niMic on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:06 pm

Where are The Regulators?

Weak, Bruce.
Highest score: 3690
Highest rank: 21
General niMic

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Re: BpB all time sexiest clan on CC...

Postby Armandolas on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:41 am

owenshooter wrote:
p.s.-still no takers on my clan war request!!

Is that possible that clans dont want it assuming you are going to quit in the middle of it?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Denise wrote:Moe! It's so good to see you on the site again, and you're premium!! Pile on the games! :P

That video was hilarious. Empire was my first clan and a great clan to be part of, during that time. I don't know the top 10 clans of all time but when I first started in the clan scene my perception was THOTA, TSM, LOW, IA, Empire, AOC (maybe last 2 are tied) in that order. Right now I think TOFU and ACE are extremely close for first. Our wins over them are too close to account skill as the determining factor. Not saying it's entirely luck, though. Missed turns, organization, etc all play a role in determining the winner of a war. A year ago, KORT was the best.

I think it interesting both Empire & AOC couldn't break into the top 3 alone but when they merged, that gave them the edge to do so. Food for thought.. The competitive nature of clans can be frustrating when it gets out of hand but it also makes for a lot of fun. :)

in 2009 AOC sucked.. Must have a fuzzy memory...

Postby IcePack on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Denise wrote:I think it interesting both Empire & AOC couldn't break into the top 3 alone but when they merged, that gave them the edge to do so. Food for thought.. The competitive nature of clans can be frustrating when it gets out of hand but it also makes for a lot of fun. :)

Actually AOC was top 3 from Jan 15, 2013-April 1 2013 when they merged with EMP.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Denise on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Bruce, I wasn't talking about 2009. I only joined at the end of 2009 and, well, you know.. it's all about me.
Major Denise

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Dako wrote:Empire surely was a top notch clan back in days. When I entered clan scene I was choosing between LoW, THOTA and Empire. Somehow I ended up confounding TOFU :-D

Yeah, it's pretty confounded...:P
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Denise wrote:Bruce, I wasn't talking about 2009. I only joined at the end of 2009 and, well, you know.. it's all about me.

Fair point... but then you must have seen KORT also... when laddida and me were helping you learn team games.

PreviousNext

Return to Clans