Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Back to PACK...

Pack never mixed it up really in big events, where as all the clans on this list did. People can talk about winning all they want, but once a big event comes up the cream rises to the top. Many clans come close or play good matches, but at the end the same clans are there time and time again. TSM, KORT, TOFU and others are always in the mix at the end. Where is pack? Would pack have been in the mix also had they played more? Maybe so, but the times they did they failed out and did not get those needed wins to move on. Did pack have some key wins, sure, but so did every other clan on this list. Was pack tough at a point? Sure they were.

Had THOTA been around a bit longer as a clan they might have been the top clan of all time. They surely were the clan to beat for a good while.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby reptile on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Bruce you did a great job with your original post. As a someone who has been around clans since the beginning I think your list is the best.

However i think i would put THOTA #1, they always had a target on their back and everyone gunned for them and gave them their best shot and best teams. Some of the slightly newer clans that have emerged since THOTA's dominance were also great but if i could put the best of THOTA entire squad versus the best of any of the other clans since thens best squads i think i would have my $ on THOTA.

Trust me nobody hated them more than i did but they deserve the respect they had. They were the bulls of the 90's.

LOW may not be a top 5-10 clan right now but like you posted, in our prime we beat everyone not named THOTA. We played them in a couple of challenges which both came down to a 52% to 48% type of finish. In our prime i think we may have been closer to a 4 or 5 but great points have been made about the other clans you put in front of us.

I think it would be hard to make a top 10 list but i may as well throw one together. I am only putting

1 THOTA
2 KORT
3 LOW - I do this because when we were in our prime TOFU was part of LOW (so i can't put them ahead of LOW's prime members)
4 TSM - This clan was carried by Seul, not a complete clan, they just used seul to the max every war. One of the best players/not clan
5 TOFU
6 IA
7 ACE
8 EMP

I think these clans in their prime would be on the list close to this order. But you could mix and match any of the 3-5 spots in my opinion.

Left out 9 and 10 because In my opinion only these are the clans engraved in my CC history.
Captain reptile

Postby rockfist on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:50 pm

I see KORT vs Legion finishing somewhere between 32-35 wins for KORT.

And after that, they may we'll play us (should we be fortunate enough to advance) which will be an interesting match.
Major rockfist

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Back to PACK...

Pack never mixed it up really in big events, where as all the clans on this list did. People can talk about winning all they want, but once a big event comes up the cream rises to the top. Many clans come close or play good matches, but at the end the same clans are there time and time again. TSM, KORT, TOFU and others are always in the mix at the end. Where is pack? Would pack have been in the mix also had they played more? Maybe so, but the times they did they failed out and did not get those needed wins to move on. Did pack have some key wins, sure, but so did every other clan on this list. Was pack tough at a point? Sure they were.

Had THOTA been around a bit longer as a clan they might have been the top clan of all time. They surely were the clan to beat for a good while.

i have to agree with most of what you're saying. nevertheless, not playing most big events but rise the way pack did is still unusual. We gave a shot at a bigger clan each time, unfortunately we lost a few key players on the road and didn't stay at our prime more than a year and a half-two years. Pack was just winning all their wars and trying to get a shot at bigger clans each time. The approach was more linked to the general ranking rather than those big events we didn't give a crap about.
Some clans like LOW are more league oriented and barely participate in the CC.

Regarding kort-thota: yes I agree thota at its prime was better than kort, but kort has won league+cup the same year a couple of times if I'm correct and has lasted much more. I also think that tofu's record is more impressive than thota's. I don't know, being the best for such a short period of time is easier than being on the top consistently for so many years.
Major betiko

Postby hyposquasher on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Fun topic. I haven't been in the clan world as long as some of you (although it's been over 4 years), so I won't pretend to argue most of the other points being made here. I'll just defend Bruce's original list that has all of AoC, EMP and ACE in it. They are all different clans with different achievements. AoC was at #3 in the F400 for a while behind TOFU and KORT. We made it to the end of a couple of the major events. I believe we narrowly lost in the Semi's of one of the CC's to KORT who then played in the finals against TOFU.

Anyway, fun topic.
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Thota was king of the clans from 2007 til 2011 when kort overtook them in the finals. I would not say that was a short time.

Also if pack wanted a high rank so bad the quickest way to get that would be a major event. Seeing as you will play other top clans.

Postby angola on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:17 am

betiko wrote:

Regarding the pack: as you can see they participated only twice in the CC cup and once in the clan league. Are you really basing all your judgements only on these 2 competitions? There's been a time when PACK was the nĀ°2 clan behind tofu, and that's when we met in CC3 QF. Pack lost by 2-3 games at the end. It just happened to be clan #1 vs clan #2 playing one another in quarter finals.
Pack came out of nowhere and won its first 12 wars or so. What exactly has AOC done better than pack for example? don't be a joke.

AOC advanced to the final of Clan League Association 2 Division 2 finals, losing to TOFU.

AOC advanced to the final of Clan League Association 3 Division 1 finals, losing to IA.

AOC advanced to the final of Clan League Association 4 Division 1 finals, losing to KORT. We also beat Pack in the semifinals.

AOC advanced to the CC2 quarterfinals, losing to THOTA 35-26.

AOC advanced to the CC3 semifinals, losing to AFOS.

So, while the Agents of Chaos never won any titles, I think the real question is what did the Pack ever do in the clan world?
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Lieutenant angola

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:03 am

angola wrote:
betiko wrote:

Regarding the pack: as you can see they participated only twice in the CC cup and once in the clan league. Are you really basing all your judgements only on these 2 competitions? There's been a time when PACK was the nĀ°2 clan behind tofu, and that's when we met in CC3 QF. Pack lost by 2-3 games at the end. It just happened to be clan #1 vs clan #2 playing one another in quarter finals.
Pack came out of nowhere and won its first 12 wars or so. What exactly has AOC done better than pack for example? don't be a joke.

AOC advanced to the final of Clan League Association 2 Division 2 finals, losing to TOFU.

AOC advanced to the final of Clan League Association 3 Division 1 finals, losing to IA.

AOC advanced to the final of Clan League Association 4 Division 1 finals, losing to KORT. We also beat Pack in the semifinals.

So, while the Agents of Chaos never won any titles, I think the real question is what did the Pack ever do in the clan world?

lol just have a look at this...

aoc 12/19 wars won (63,2%) with 55,4% games won. the only significant win I see is a win by 1 over empire when they were not at their prime.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... ClanId=123

pack 18/21 was won (85,7% won) with 61% games won, with wins vs IA and empire at their prime among other things. Pack has been 2nd of the ranking and AOC never came close to that.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... &ClanId=88
and PACK won the NC1, that's 1 title, none for AOC

but if I go further, my actual clan LHDD has acomplished much more too:
lhdd 18/25 wars won (72%), 56,3% games won
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... ClanId=112
lhdd has won the NC4, the CL6 second division, the clan assassin challenge, we have to win 8/21 in our batch 3 vs FOED to be declared champions of the first random cup, we have to win 4/20 in our batch 3 against TSM to qualify for the CC5 semi finals. How does that not outclass AOC? We are also ranked 5th which is probably AOC's best ranking ever (not sure about AOC's best ranking)
Major betiko

Postby Keefie on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:16 am

Mmmmm, what a contentious topic.

My take on this is that Thota were undoubtedly the best for their time. However their time came before the clan scene exploded and competition became stronger. So I would rate Kort as the best of all time. Here's my top 10.

1. Kort
2. Thota
3. Tofu
4. Empire
5. TSM
6. ACE
7. PACK
8. IA
9. AOC
10. AFOS
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:23 am

Keefie wrote:Mmmmm, what a contentious topic.

My take on this is that Thota were undoubtedly the best for their time. However their time came before the clan scene exploded and competition became stronger. So I would rate Kort as the best of all time. Here's my top 10.

1. Kort
2. Thota
3. Tofu
4. Empire
5. TSM
6. ACE
7. PACK
8. IA
9. AOC
10. AFOS

I'd agree with most of your ranking keefie, except for the last 2 spots, afos and aoc < low, foed, osa, lhdd.....
Major betiko

Postby hyposquasher on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:03 am

betiko wrote:.
How does that not outclass AOC? We are also ranked 5th which is probably AOC's best ranking ever (not sure about AOC's best ranking)

If you're talking about F400, I've already pointed out that AoC were solidly 3rd for the last half-year (guessing) of our existence before merging with EMP to form ACE.

I think you're entitled to your opinion, though. Just wanted to correct this one point ;)
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby skillfull on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:16 am

reptile wrote:4 TSM - This clan was carried by Seul, not a complete clan, they just used seul to the max every war. One of the best players/not clan

You are wrong about that.
Even if Seul is/was one of the best players on CC , what you are saying is wrong. I could explained that to you pretty easy but i am not sure that you keep reading this thread.
Edit: My choice about the first 3 positions is:

1)THOTA
2)KORT
3)TOFU
Brigadier skillfull

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Thota was king of the clans from 2007 til 2011 when kort overtook them in the finals. I would not say that was a short time.

Also if pack wanted a high rank so bad the quickest way to get that would be a major event. Seeing as you will play other top clans.

No response?

Postby angola on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:14 pm

AOC was No. 3 for four months in 2013. Pack was No. 2 for one ranking.

The Newcomers competition didn't exist when AOC was a Newcomer clan, so we never could win that. And our win total was not the best because we were terrible when we first started, but we quickly became one of the best clans on the site.

Enjoy your NC title, though. That's something to really hang your hat on. Plus, pretty sure Pack got busted for a mess of cheating violations as well. Or is that just being swept under the rug?

betiko wrote:
angola wrote:
betiko wrote:

lol just have a look at this...

aoc 12/19 wars won (63,2%) with 55,4% games won. the only significant win I see is a win by 1 over empire when they were not at their prime.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... ClanId=123

pack 18/21 was won (85,7% won) with 61% games won, with wins vs IA and empire at their prime among other things. Pack has been 2nd of the ranking and AOC never came close to that.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... &ClanId=88
and PACK won the NC1, that's 1 title, none for AOC

but if I go further, my actual clan LHDD has acomplished much more too:
lhdd 18/25 wars won (72%), 56,3% games won
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... ClanId=112
lhdd has won the NC4, the CL6 second division, the clan assassin challenge, we have to win 8/21 in our batch 3 vs FOED to be declared champions of the first random cup, we have to win 4/20 in our batch 3 against TSM to qualify for the CC5 semi finals. How does that not outclass AOC? We are also ranked 5th which is probably AOC's best ranking ever (not sure about AOC's best ranking)
Lieutenant angola

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:21 pm

I do not think you can pin that on Pack but rather Great Ollie. Unless my mind is slipping me?

Postby angola on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:28 am

OK. Fair point. Didn't mean to be pin that on the entire clan.

Anyway, The Pack was very good, but to act as though AOC was hot garbage is ridiculous.

That's all I'm trying to say.
Lieutenant angola

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:57 am

angola wrote:OK. Fair point. Didn't mean to be pin that on the entire clan.

Anyway, The Pack was very good, but to act as though AOC was hot garbage is ridiculous.

AOC accomplished more than PACK... Period.

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:18 am

Bruceswar wrote:
angola wrote:OK. Fair point. Didn't mean to be pin that on the entire clan.

AOC accomplished more than PACK... Period.

I'm not saying that AOC was hot garbage. The thing is that it stopped existing at its very top, so people remember that. That last year of AOC was pretty impressive, no doubt, but we are talking about all time best, not 2013 best. PACK had one of the most impressive rises after its inception, and I don't think it's fair to count only AOC's good year and forgetting the rest while you forget that PACK only had a rough patch during a year and they've won all their other wars. you can't possibly compare a clan winning 12/19 to a clan winning 18/21 and say that the first has accomplished the most... just because they participated in more events and never won anything.
After that I'll stop defending the pack... cause it's been a while since it's been 2 years since I left them and I don't really care! :lol: . It's still my opinion though, and I guess no one is going to change the other point of view's mind on the subject! ;)

and LHDD vs PACK.. who do you think has accomplished the most?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:22 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Thota was king of the clans from 2007 til 2011 when kort overtook them in the finals. I would not say that was a short time.

No response?

the philosophy when I was in the pack was to play wars when we felt like it; so that's why that clan has mostly played casual wars.
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:19 am

betiko wrote:
rockfist wrote:Fallen is currently under-rated imo

KORT isn't playing up to their usual standards, but until they lose they aren't as low as fifth.

Well they are as low as 5th or so in the clan league... Barely winning half of their games. They definitely lost most key players and are the shadows of themselves. Legion is giving them a real hard time in the cc5. Just go look at lhdd and fallen results over the past year and half or so.. We are definitely in a better shape than kort.

I guess the question is, would you want to play them in your next round? If you would, then fine. If you'd rather not face them, then that says something, doesn't it?
Major rockfist

Postby Keefie on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 am

It's not really about accomplishments is it. It's about what clans at their peak were in the top 10.

The Pack most certainly achieved that. LHDD are getting there but would they beat the best Pack ever, I doubt it.

Also there's lot's of bigging up LHDD from certain quarters, but the Fallen are at least as good if not better and they've hardly had a mention. Plus the Fallen were getting great results at a time when LHDD were being beaten by HH :shock: :lol:

K
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:22 am

Keefie wrote:It's not really about accomplishments is it. It's about what clans at their peak were in the top 10.

The Pack most certainly achieved that. LHDD are getting there but would they beat the best Pack ever, I doubt it.

Also there's lot's of bigging up LHDD from certain quarters, but the Fallen are at least as good if not better and they've hardly had a mention. Plus the Fallen were getting great results at a time when LHDD were being beaten by HH :shock: :lol:

K

Do you actually think PACK at their best would beat LHDD? Which clan would you even put betiko in anyway?

There's a lot of bigging up for Fallen from other quarters, I wouldn't worry too much. Half of this thread has been people just bigging up their own clan anyway, although the rest is an interesting read. Fallen have been around longer than LHDD, so that would make sense. Not many clans would be beaten by HH nowadays, but I'd say LHDD and Fallen are roughly on the same level right now. Fallen have had their ups and downs over the past couple of years whereas LHDD have pretty much gone from strength to strength.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Donelladan on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:40 am

LHDD doesn't belong to the top 10 Clans of All time for sure.
Our rise in the top 10 is way too recent to put us in the top 10 of all time, and we did not achieve anything yet.

Let talk about LHDD after the end of the CC5, or better after CC6, then maybe we'll see if our clan deserve to be discussed in this topic.

Otherwise I didn't know about clan world at the time THOTA, ACE or EMP were playing and wouldn't be able to give a judgement on those.
Only clan surprising me in Bruce's top 10 is LoW, no offence guys, but since I am following the clan world I haven't seen LoW beating any big clans or doing so well.
Brigadier Donelladan

PreviousNext

Return to Clans