Conquer Club

D400 (Official Clan Ranking) - Oct 2021 ranking

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: D400 (Official Clan Ranking) - April ranking

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:33 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:have you even beaten any clans yet?

We’ve only had one war, and ongoing RL matches. Perfect time to get in on the ground floor for the stonks!
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Mon May 03, 2021 12:21 pm

I am excited to see if our RL loss vs OSA and FALL ccup win vs RET managed to change our order in F400 rankings.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Arama86n on Mon May 03, 2021 1:44 pm

josko.ri wrote:I disagree with this change. Winning or losing itself is more important than the margin, as it should be in every sport.

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."
-Dominic Toretto

Dom would agree with Josko :D

josko.ri wrote:Also, look at paradox which new system brings. With the new system, first two ranked are FALL and TOFU who did not win any first class CC competition in last one year. With the current system, higher are ranked S&M, LHDD and A, who won CCup, RL and CL in last one year. Therefore, current system more evaluates perfection, which is actually winning CC events while playing versus the best of the bests. However, thenew system does notevaluate thatbutinstead evaluates high winning margins versus some of lower clans, which is irrelevant in terms of perfection.

This is a solid point. Though personally I think margin should count somewhat.
If it could be tweaked to reflect margin of victory to a reasonable degree, that would be an improvement.
But then comes the obvious question, what is reasonable... guessing the community would have widely varying opinions on that.

Interesting discussion.
Major Arama86n

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Mon May 03, 2021 4:44 pm

The short answer to that is that we have as many full war wins in the new year as ICON (1).
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Re: D400 (Official Clan Ranking) - May ranking

Postby JPlo64 on Mon May 03, 2021 7:10 pm

Image Image

D400 = Traditional rankings (a,b)=(200,400)

DJ800 = Alternative where margin of victory has a larger significance, while still giving bonus credit for Winning or Losing individual battles.
The 800 signifies that your max/min score in a single battle is your opponents score +/- 800. (a,b)=(100,700)

show: Basic Battle Formula

show: Example of calculations

show: New results
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: D400 (Official Clan Ranking) -May 2021 ranking

Postby groovysmurf on Mon May 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Thank you so much for doing this, JP. =D>
Colonel groovysmurf
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby josko.ri on Tue May 04, 2021 3:03 am

Congrats FALL on coming to the top again =D>

Can you check S&M score if the war vs VNM had ended on 30 April? Final score was 31v12 and it ended on 2 May.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 04, 2021 3:34 am

TheSpaceCowboy wrote:

The short answer to that is that we have as many full war wins in the new year as ICON (1).

rgv doesnt count though. imagine being ranked 5th because you beat RGV :lol: damn well played! =D>
Last edited by iAmCaffeine on Tue May 04, 2021 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby i-andrei on Tue May 04, 2021 3:45 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
TheSpaceCowboy wrote:

rgv doesnt count though

1 won war and they got a shot at the 1st place. I must say, these rankings are the absolute state-of-the-art!
Major i-andrei

Postby Caymanmew on Tue May 04, 2021 3:55 am

i-andrei wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
TheSpaceCowboy wrote:

rgv doesnt count though

1 won war and they got a shot at the 1st place. I must say, these rankings are the absolute state-of-the-art!

Well... there is a reason for the minimum weight, which is to prevent that. Right now their weight is so low that almost half of it is from Random league which they are doing well in. As they go up in weight they will need to either compete evenly with the top clans or start beating the bottom clans even more.

It will be interesting to see how the RET war ends and if it ends up being positive or negative on their score.
Last edited by Caymanmew on Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Tue May 04, 2021 5:53 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
TheSpaceCowboy wrote:

rgv doesnt count though. imagine being ranked 5th because you beat RGV :lol: damn well played! =D>

As Caymanmew eloquently explains, there is a reason for "weight". And the formula is set to balance things out anyway.

Since you are so interested in us, though, if you look at our resume, we and ICON have some common opponents with which to judge -- in league play recently, we both have not beaten A^ (we are 0-1, you are 0-2) and we have both taken on LHDD with you 0-2 and us 1-0.

However, if you would really like to get to the bottom of this little fetish of yours, we can plan a War in say, Mid August and you can then find cause to either feel better about yourself or be quiet -- which would make us all feel better.

Just let me know.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 04, 2021 5:58 am

you're moving pretty quickly to be calling throwing digs at RGV a fetish with REP. you might have the wrong end of the meat stick old chap. we can chat about a war when we have less important things going on though, sure.

is a little amusing that you seem to think random league is on the same level as clan league though.

still, no clue as to why you're picking up an attitude over some light hearted fun.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Tue May 04, 2021 6:41 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:you're moving pretty quickly to be calling throwing digs at RGV a fetish with REP. you might have the wrong end of the meat stick old chap. we can chat about a war when we have less important things going on though, sure.

is a little amusing that you seem to think random league is on the same level as clan league though.

still, no clue as to why you're picking up an attitude over some light hearted fun.

Oh mine is light hearted too, Caff. After all this is a gaming site and games are meant to be fun. Just using the only data and facts available to refute your playful diss.

And I knew you wouldn’t actually bite on the clan war offer. Maybe next month’s D400 will be more to your liking since we will have a loss to A^ in league in there.

And if not, we can always just use a made up one. Lol.

Enjoy your day, Caff!! Good luck to you guys in CC 11 vs LHDD.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby JPlo64 on Tue May 04, 2021 6:44 am

josko.ri wrote:Congrats FALL on coming to the top again =D>

Can you check S&M score if the war vs VNM had ended on 30 April? Final score was 31v12 and it ended on 2 May.

I already recorded results through 2 May, so Here it is run on 3rd May.

show: D400 3rd May 2021

show: DJ800 3rd May 2021
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 am

TheSpaceCowboy wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:you're moving pretty quickly to be calling throwing digs at RGV a fetish with REP. you might have the wrong end of the meat stick old chap. we can chat about a war when we have less important things going on though, sure.

Oh mine is light hearted too, Caff. After all this is a gaming site and games are meant to be fun. Just using the only data and facts available to refute your playful diss.

And I knew you wouldn’t actually bite on the clan war offer. Maybe next month’s D400 will be more to your liking since we will have a loss to A^ in league in there.

And if not, we can always just use a made up one. Lol.

Enjoy your day, Caff!! Good luck to you guys in CC 11 vs LHDD.

stats aren't fun though!! you should know that. i was actually thinking i'd like to war vs you guys, but not when we're in the cup.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Tue May 04, 2021 7:00 am

A war with you guys would be a lot of fun. Let’s see how you all shake out with LHDD and us in IC3.

Maybe in September or so we will both be in a good place for something like this. And if not, maybe a little later.

And, my apologies if I upset you with anything.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby JPlo64 on Tue May 04, 2021 7:39 am

i-andrei wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
TheSpaceCowboy wrote:

rgv doesnt count though

Nearly half of REP's score comes from Random League and so far their results are excellent:
LHDD REP 4 8 / 7 4 21
REP DBD 8 4 / 18 4 21
VNM REP 0 12 / 29 4 21
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 04, 2021 8:07 am

TheSpaceCowboy wrote:A war with you guys would be a lot of fun. Let’s see how you all shake out with LHDD and us in IC3.

Maybe in September or so we will both be in a good place for something like this. And if not, maybe a little later.

sounds like it has potential, and no you're all good. i just thought you were taking me more seriously than i was being.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Tue May 04, 2021 8:12 am

I am no serious mathematician but it is a small sample size right now full of the qualities of a statistical outlier. At the same time, there are some reasons behind it that are worth considering too — the test will be if those things hold fast for a longer period of time.

A greater sample size will shift things, but I am hopeful that when it is all said and done that we will be in a competitive place. That is all we wanted when we formed — a great place for good players and people.

This might be the only time we appear ahead of some of those clans and maybe we earn our way as time passes. Time will tell. It is encouraging for our little band of misfits to see though.

Sorry to clutter this thread. I do not post much — usually only when we are mentioned for some reason.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue May 04, 2021 8:14 am

We might appear ahead, but we're not ahead on the ranking until we have sufficient weight. A 7-5 or 8-4 loss against A^ will surely negatively impact us, though we seem to be doing very well in the luckfest set against S&M.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Tue May 04, 2021 8:21 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
TheSpaceCowboy wrote:A war with you guys would be a lot of fun. Let’s see how you all shake out with LHDD and us in IC3.

sounds like it has potential, and no you're all good. i just thought you were taking me more seriously than i was being.

It’s all good, Caff. No worries!
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 am

i fully expect rep to be top 10. especially with what's happened to a couple of clans around that region recently. just stay below us, thx.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BabySasuke on Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:i fully expect rep to be top 10. especially with what's happened to a couple of clans around that region recently. just stay below us, thx.

good n u
Captain BabySasuke

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 04, 2021 9:31 am

good n u
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Tue May 04, 2021 11:28 am

Congratulations to the Fallen on their first post IcePack #1 Ranking! =D>
2nd in their history :)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter