Conquer Club

The Odd Fellows Union (TOFU) Recruiting & Competitive

Join a clan, or make a new clan.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Odd Fellows Union (TOFU) Recruiting & Competitive

Postby giantrascal on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Beckytheblondie wrote::lol: :lol: @
giantrascal wrote:Unless you guys were being serious. in that case, don't even bother sending me an email address to send the photo to. I'll just take leave to spare my dignity, sanity, and the like. :lol:

Please don't bother sending it to GR. Let him keep his dignity, folks...

... that's what i said. ?!?! Great work repeating, Becky! Now continue reading the other parts of my post.
Sergeant 1st Class giantrascal

Postby Knight2254 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:18 pm

giantrascal wrote:yeah I guess that was a dunce move on my part... ](*,) :lol:
whatever...
let me rephrase: WHAT score is required?
HOW MANY medals are you guys looking for?
WHAT rating?
and so on.
Unless you guys were being serious. in that case, don't even bother sending me an email address to send the photo to. I'll just take leave to spare my dignity, sanity, and the like. :lol:

EDIT: Heh, now that i look back, i realize i did in fact right:
what do you guys require. Perhaps I can be told which unimportant things (like gaming skills) I can still possibly fail. I wouldn't want to end up like freakens now would I. I wouldn't want to fail the part of the 'test' that matters on CC.

There is no score, medal, or rating requirement. However, applicants should demonstrate sufficient skills in team games and maintain a positive attitude. In looking quickly at your games you will likely need a little more seasoning in doubles, triples, and quads. I know these are tough to acquire when you don't have reliable partners. :(
Last edited by Knight2254 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Knight2254

Postby pmchugh on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 pm

giantrascal wrote: I wouldn't want to end up like freakens now would I.

I don't think I could handle two of him :lol:
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby giantrascal on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:28 am

Knight2254 wrote:
whatever...
WHAT rating?
and so on.
Unless you guys were being serious. in that case, don't even bother sending me an email address to send the photo to. I'll just take leave to spare my dignity, sanity, and the like. :lol:

what do you guys require. Perhaps I can be told which unimportant things (like gaming skills) I can still possibly fail. I wouldn't want to end up like freakens now would I. I wouldn't want to fail the part of the 'test' that matters on CC.

There is no score, medal, or rating requirement. However, applicants should demonstrate sufficient skills in team games and maintain a positive attitude. In looking quickly at your games you will likely need a little more seasoning in doubles, triples, and quads. I know these are tough to acquire when you don't have reliable partners. :(

k, thanks mate
Sergeant 1st Class giantrascal

Postby BoganGod on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:02 pm

giantrascal wrote:
Knight2254 wrote:
whatever...
WHAT rating?
and so on.

k, thanks mate

Sorry to spam your thread CoF trying to help here, just thought I might point out that if giantrascal is looking for a partner. Can't say how reliable freaky the ferret master ns is. But he seems to be always looking for partners on and off this site, maybe steer giantrascal in that direction?
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:01 am

always looking for partners on and off this site

You make it sound like he comes on here cruising lol.

I take it you mean freakns ?

Well....if rascal is reading this he's welcome to approach him. Thanks for your input mate.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby BoganGod on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:52 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
always looking for partners on and off this site

You make it sound like he comes on here cruising lol.

I take it you mean freakns ?

Well....if rascal is reading this he's welcome to approach him. Thanks for your input mate.

Not a problem kind sir. Yes I mean freakns won't print any pictures here, just take it as read that your retinas would never be the same again. :cry:
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby neanderpaul14 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:17 am

Can I try out to be part of the the team guys??
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:19 am

Sure thing. I'll get in touch with you via PM
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby neanderpaul14 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 am

Cool looking forward to having having a chance.
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:41 am

The question is...."Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?" ;)

Good to see an Eastwood fan. I need to revisit those movies and do a bit of a Dirty Harry / Josey Wales filmathon.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby neanderpaul14 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Always feeling lucky. 8-)

Josey Wales is one of my all time favorite movies. "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie??"
Cook neanderpaul14

Re: The Odd Fellows Union (TOFU) [Recruiting & Competitive]

Postby God Emperor Q on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:29 pm

God Emperor Q wrote:I would like to submit my application. Would be willing to leave my current clan if accepted. Have played with a few of you before, would be willing to be VERY active in clan activities.
Thanks
GEQ

Just resubmitting :D
Rank should be up again shortly.
Lieutenant God Emperor Q

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:46 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:The question is...."Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?" ;)

Good to see an Eastwood fan. I need to revisit those movies and do a bit of a Dirty Harry / Josey Wales filmathon.

agreed, Clint Eastwood rocks.
General Blitzaholic

Postby freakns on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:10 am

BoganGod wrote:Sorry to spam your thread CoF trying to help here, just thought I might point out that if giantrascal is looking for a partner. Can't say how reliable freaky the ferret master ns is. But he seems to be always looking for partners on and off this site, maybe steer giantrascal in that direction?

cmon Bogan, dont be like that. ever since i told you look fat in that red dress(and he does look fat in it, and i know its custom to lie to lady in situation like that, but Bogan took green shoos to match his red dress so i really had to tell him the truth) you are acting like i dont want to play any more games with you :( and me playing with CoF here and there a little(in and off site :P) again deosnt mean i dont like playing with you anymore
so stop acting like a little spoiled girl anymore, and be MILF again!
Brigadier freakns

Postby sonicsteve on Wed May 26, 2010 12:46 am

Hi Guys,

I've been thinking about joining a clan and after a bit of a chat with Pedronicus would like to apply to TOFU (loving the name btw).

Been a risk player for many years but have only recently joined cc (about two and a half months back), played a lot on dominate, etc, in the past. Most of my initial games have been single player 6-man or 8-man and trying out all the maps, but I'm really getting into the tourney side of things, I'm enjoying the TPA system and have signed up for the tourneys under that umbrella plus a small handful of others. I'm also currently running a 32-man tourney, and will certainly organise more in future.

I have now tried out some trips games after finding a couple of guys to team up with in callouts, and have a trips team in kratos' TPA tourney and a 3-player singles team in Serbia's TPA tourney.

Very much like the idea of developing my doubles, triples and quads play and competing in inter-clan events and joining clan teams in tourneys.

oh yes, Nude pics and a bottle of whiskey are enclosed for your kind consideration - you are advised to drink the whiskey FIRST.

Cheers for now,

Sonic

BTW - I'm on holiday from 28th May to 5th June, taking turns only, so if I do get accepted next week and you wonder why the new guy is so quiet, that'll be the reason.
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed May 26, 2010 1:53 am

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the whisky & pics. You're right, I did need the whisky first. GILFs aren't really my cup of tea.

You seem like an ideal candidate - witty resume, good gaming experience, putting holidays before all else, recommended by Pedro - all great credentials.

We'll probably have to put you through the grinder of a few trial games and see how you fare in a team environment. No rush....enjoy your hols....and expect a letter to be waiting for you on your return.

What would help in the meantime is if you PM me your preferred maps and settings so that we can set up trial games on which you are most adept.

Cheers mate....and have a great break.

Si (CoF)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby TheMissionary on Wed May 26, 2010 11:21 am

Hello TOFU,
I would just like to say Steve is a good teammate. Although he is fairly new, he communicates well and has the determination to win when the odds are stacked against him. I played two warm up trips games to prepare for those TPA events, and a both were well communicated games. I think he would be a great investment for your future.

Good luck to you Steve.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby slowreactor on Wed May 26, 2010 10:07 pm

TheMissionary wrote:Hello TOFU,
I would just like to say Steve is a good teammate. Although he is fairly new, he communicates well and has the determination to win when the odds are stacked against him. I played two warm up trips games to prepare for those TPA events, and a both were well communicated games. I think he would be a great investment for your future.

Good luck to you Steve.

I second this. Steve has the drive, and he has a lot of potential. Good luck!
Colonel slowreactor

Postby sonicsteve on Thu May 27, 2010 1:13 am

Wow - thanks, guys!

:D
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby chemefreak on Thu May 27, 2010 1:59 am

Can I join? :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, and WOO GOO!!!!

In all seriousness, TOFU is a great clan...they also have a direct link to the dice gods that I hear they let you use once you join ;)

I will stop spamming your Recruiting Thread now 8-)
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Shatners Bassoon on Thu May 27, 2010 1:36 pm

The Odd Fellows Union would like to welcome their newest member,elfish_lad =D>
31-29
Major Shatners Bassoon

Postby elfish_lad on Thu May 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Why thank you very much m8. It is fantastic to finally, officially, be acknowledged as Odd.

Cheers.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Lubawski on Fri May 28, 2010 8:59 pm

I always enjoy reading this thread. Sonicsteve sounds great for TOFU (don't think you guys are up to 100 players yet, are you?) Haven't played with or against him, so I'm just going by his post. Sounds like a fun guy.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri May 28, 2010 10:25 pm

haha, none of us have played with him either but we too like the cut of his jib. Our recent recruits have been selected as much for their quick wit and character as they have for their rank or record.

So....to all you comedians out there....don't be deterred just because you suck at Risk.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

PreviousNext

Return to Create/Join a Competitive Clan