Conquer Club

[CL7] 2nd Division (1: TOP - MVPs: Dkmaster, FreeFalling123)

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL7] Second Division (R10 Start: March 6)

Postby Lindax on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:37 am

shoop76 wrote:How is the punishment for the infractions decided. Atlantis was given a warning for 3 infractions. Twice we missed 1 invite before the deadline and a 3rd time I forgot to post the games in the thread, though they were all created and filled. We received a warning, which I understand because we were late. However, I see that ATN had 4 infractions before receiving a warning. This is not to pick on ATN, just asking for a little clarity.

Decisions we make in relation to infractions are based on many reasons/facts, some of which are not always known to all participants. There is also the factor that as the tournament progresses, we get more strict.

Obviously we try to be as fair as possible for all clans with those decisions and there is no secrecy about them. That's why we post the infractions, and measures taken, in this thread. We are also human and subject to making mistakes or wrong decisions. If somebody feels that is the case you can always appeal a decision or ask for an explanation.

Hope that helps,

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby PaulatPeace on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:37 am

Our Clan is new to this tournament, this process and in actually also to Lindax and mudpuppy as individuals and TOs.

I personally try to evaluate players and entities such as clans in general, by in part the actions that are taken and the manner or attitude in which they are delivered. Speaking strictly for myself, I have found Lindax & mudpuppy to be responsive to inquiries and with what appears to be a fair-minded and equitable demeanor. I am aware that others may have had different experiences, but I can only speak regarding mine.

That being said, I believe it would benefit the process of administering this tournament if the "many reasons/facts" might be shared with everyone in this thread or in the location most appropriate (ie: Infactions). This way everyone could see there was no bias or prejudice that came into consideration when making decisions and all decisions were equitable to everyone. I realize the TO job must be very demanding and time consuming, but full disclosure of all mitigating factors in the decision making process might put many at ease and do much to make this tournament one that is more rewarding and appealing to everyone.

Thank you TOs for all you do in making this tournament possible.

Paul
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby Lindax on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:24 am

PaulatPeace wrote:Our Clan is new to this tournament, this process and in actually also to Lindax and mudpuppy as individuals and TOs.

I personally try to evaluate players and entities such as clans in general, by in part the actions that are taken and the manner or attitude in which they are delivered. Speaking strictly for myself, I have found Lindax & mudpuppy to be responsive to inquiries and with what appears to be a fair-minded and equitable demeanor. I am aware that others may have had different experiences, but I can only speak regarding mine.

That being said, I believe it would benefit the process of administering this tournament if the "many reasons/facts" might be shared with everyone in this thread or in the location most appropriate (ie: Infactions). This way everyone could see there was no bias or prejudice that came into consideration when making decisions and all decisions were equitable to everyone. I realize the TO job must be very demanding and time consuming, but full disclosure of all mitigating factors in the decision making process might put many at ease and do much to make this tournament one that is more rewarding and appealing to everyone.

Thank you TOs for all you do in making this tournament possible.

Paul

Thank you for your kind words. I understand where you're coming from and you're probably right. However, as you already mention, the TO job is time consuming and often quite complicated, especially when dealing with infractions. As a matter of fact, checking for, and dealing with, infractions takes up a disproportionate amount of time of running CL7. I would simply not have the time to write up an explanation every time. Remember, we're all just volunteers and running CL7, for example, is not the only thing we dedicate time to on CC. As I said before, I'm happy to try and answer questions about a specific decision.

One more thing: Sometimes reasons for infractions are personal/private and I would not post them in public.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:59 am

Seriously, do you have to post in that stupid fxcking colour? It hurts my eyes to read.

PaulatPeace wrote:That being said, I believe it would benefit the process of administering this tournament if the "many reasons/facts" might be shared with everyone in this thread or in the location most appropriate (ie: Infactions). This way everyone could see there was no bias or prejudice that came into consideration when making decisions and all decisions were equitable to everyone. I realize the TO job must be very demanding and time consuming, but full disclosure of all mitigating factors in the decision making process might put many at ease and do much to make this tournament one that is more rewarding and appealing to everyone.

Who exactly do you think you are?

It is not your business as to why other clans receive infractions. Now shoo.

I've been in discussion with MudPuppy & Lindax when necessary. I wasn't even aware of ATL's own infractions, and it certainly doesn't shed a good light on Aeternus that we received 1 more infraction before a warning. I can only assume this more due to speed/notice in regards to amendments.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BIG_John on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:15 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Seriously, do you have to post in that stupid fxcking colour? It hurts my eyes to read.

PaulatPeace wrote:That being said, I believe it would benefit the process of administering this tournament if the "many reasons/facts" might be shared with everyone in this thread or in the location most appropriate (ie: Infactions). This way everyone could see there was no bias or prejudice that came into consideration when making decisions and all decisions were equitable to everyone. I realize the TO job must be very demanding and time consuming, but full disclosure of all mitigating factors in the decision making process might put many at ease and do much to make this tournament one that is more rewarding and appealing to everyone.

I've been in discussion with MudPuppy & Lindax when necessary. I wasn't even aware of ATL's own infractions, and it certainly doesn't shed a good light on Aeternus that we received 1 more infraction before a warning. I can only assume this more due to speed/notice in regards to amendments.

LOL!!! Your a joke!!!
Last edited by BIG_John on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain BIG_John

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Stay on topic
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:10 am

BIG_John wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Seriously, do you have to post in that stupid fxcking colour? It hurts my eyes to read.

LOL!!! Your a joke!!!

What did your post say before you edited it big man? Two edits and you still can't use the right words. Cute.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: [CL7] Second Division (R11 Start: March 20)

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:43 am

I will start with an apology to IcePack, Lindax and mudpuppy. I am sorry this thread has descended into the bowels of pathetic attacks and profanity. It seems to be coming mostly from one individual and directed at our clan. Fear has a terrible affect upon some players.

With regards to "Who exactly do you think you are?"...this individual will soon find out. In fact, if he is so inclined to direct attacks at The Omega Pantheon, it would seem the appropriate venue to do this would be in challenging us to a war and not simply mouthing off in this thread. If he is indeed confident rather than fearful regarding facing our clan, backing it up with action rather than foul words would save this CL 7 Division II thread from further straying from topic and vulgarity. I suspect though that his mouth is much bigger than his confidence and verbal attacks will be the only means by which his fragile ego can be satiated.

Thank you TOs for the hard work you have done in this Tournament. I am sorry you have been subjected to this level of mean-spirited ugliness!

Paul

Postby Keefie on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:00 am

Bloody hell :shock: I put 30/40 hours work into this tournament and I don't even get a mention :cry: :lol:

iamcaffeine

If Paul or anyone else wants to post in blue, brown, green or sky blue pink etc (I'll draw the line a day-glow) they can. I moderate this forum not you, please remember that. Anymore abuse will not be tolerated. It's quite possible to get a point across without resorting to name calling and profanities. Do it again and I'll push for a forum holiday.

All

No more on the subject please or this thread will be locked to all except the CD team.

Thanks
K
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:00 pm

Sorry Keefie.............we all know you are the most important! =D> :lol:

(Thank you for all the tireless work. Many appreciate you!)

Paul

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Keefie, you know I love you.

@Paul - We'll war one day I'm sure, but our clan only takes one war at a time and we have RET coming up whilst in CL7. I'm sure you'll be cheering on from the sidelines.

Well played so far in the league.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Keefie wrote:Bloody hell :shock: I put 30/40 hours work into this tournament and I don't even get a mention :cry: :lol:

iamcaffeine

If Paul or anyone else wants to post in blue, brown, green or sky blue pink etc (I'll draw the line a day-glow) they can. I moderate this forum not you, please remember that. Anymore abuse will not be tolerated. It's quite possible to get a point across without resorting to name calling and profanities. Do it again and I'll push for a forum holiday.

All

No more on the subject please or this thread will be locked to all except the CD team.

Thanks
K

what if i post a suggestion to eliminate sky blue and other light colours that are a total pain in the ass?
paul's blue is totally fine thought!

so... how's this league going? a lot of bird names, too little score/games/predictions in here.
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:04 pm

If they beat RET, I'll be able to give you a full analysis of how talented ATN is. I suspect they are quite good at 10-15 maps, and decent at 15-20 more.

I must say I am confused by what goes on in the Second Division. When we play against TOP next year I can assure you we won't be sending over Doodle Earth, Luxembourg, Duck and Cover, ect., which is not to say we can't play on those boards, rather that they are uninteresting.

Most competitive teams in Premier will not fear you and will have boards where they believe they have a strategic advantage over their opponents. I've yet to see any of those more simple boards in the Premier Division, although one can make the case that stack and blast maps are simplistic.

The bad news is the most common score is 4-4 or 5-3 at the worst. You won't be winning 8-0 very often in the Premier Division. Heck we are competitive and we haven't won a 8-0 match yet, I believe LHDD has but its very rare.
Major rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:14 pm

rockfist wrote:If they beat RET, I'll be able to give you a full analysis of how talented ATN is. I suspect they are quite good at 10-15 maps, and decent at 15-20 more.

I'm looking forward to this war. As for your estimations; maybe.

rockfist wrote:I must say I am confused by what goes on in the Second Division. When we play against TOP next year I can assure you we won't be sending over Doodle Earth, Luxembourg, Duck and Cover, ect., which is not to say we can't play on those boards, rather that they are uninteresting.

Most competitive teams in Premier will not fear you and will have boards where they believe they have a strategic advantage over their opponents. I've yet to see any of those more simple boards in the Premier Division, although one can make the case that stack and blast maps are simplistic.

The bad news is the most common score is 4-4 or 5-3 at the worst. You won't be winning 8-0 very often in the Premier Division. Heck we are competitive and we haven't won a 8-0 match yet, I believe LHDD has but its very rare.

This, entirely. Clans in 2nd Division have admitted to use they fielded luck based maps and settings to have a better chance against us. Frustratingly, this has often worked and we've had a few 4-4s/5-3s. Our only loss so far was on PACK's home maps which I'll accept.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:45 pm

It sounds like a pretty solid strategy. Just as in sports if another team is clearly more talented, sometimes you try to even the playing field by adjusting your strategy against that team.

Sometimes if you know you can't win a "straight up fight" it makes sense to adjust accordingly.

You don't really see clans doing that in PL, but it does make strategic sense and I'm sure it can be frustrating.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:52 pm

IcePack wrote:It sounds like a pretty solid strategy. Just as in sports if another team is clearly more talented, sometimes you try to even the playing field by adjusting your strategy against that team.

Sometimes if you know you can't win a "straight up fight" it makes sense to adjust accordingly.

You don't really see clans doing that in PL, but it does make strategic sense and I'm sure it can be frustrating.

in football (the universal one) less talented teams tend to have a smaller field since the pitch doesn't have fixed measures. They also don't bother to have a great turf to make the game slower.
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:02 pm

I've really only watched young ages and women's football, but don't they tend to try to play a "ball control" game and rougher game also?

My daughter seems to get knocked into a lot and elbowed in football (soccer) because she is very fast and a good tackler and passer. She actually gets roughed up more than their striker.
Major rockfist

Postby Keefie on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:34 pm

Guilty as charged in 1 match only. HH v TOP

Doodle
Luxembourg
Duck and Cover
Madagascar
Mini Eurasia
USA West
Cyprus
Egypt Lower

Was it worth it - Hell yeah, we won 5-3.

There's no shame in playing to win.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Lindax on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Really guys? Do we now talk about football in the CL7 Second Division thread?

This thread is created to inform y'all about the progress of the tournament. Additionally it's a place where participants can talk about this wonderful tournament.

Please stick to that, in other words, once again, please stay on topic.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:23 pm

I will be posting updated results and standings this weekend.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Keefie wrote:Guilty as charged in 1 match only. HH v TOP

Doodle
Luxembourg
Duck and Cover
Madagascar
Mini Eurasia
USA West
Cyprus
Egypt Lower

Was it worth it - Hell yeah, we won 5-3.

There's no shame in playing to win.

Lmao at those maps!

I think it depends on the view you take. Play to win? Always. Field luck maps/settings for a random hit and hope, no thanks. It's about the mentality of the clan/players doing it for me.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby waauw on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:09 pm

I hate luck settings. Even when going up against stronger opponents. It's boring and frustrating. I still remember koganosi and me getting pissed over being placed in a flat rate Castle Lands game against ATN. I hope the same won't happen this weekend. We're facing TOP 8-[
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Keefie on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Lindax wrote:Really guys? Do we now talk about football in the CL7 Second Division thread?

Lx

Mate, the reference to soccer was an analogy. The discussion is about CL7.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby PaulatPeace on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:11 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:@Paul - Well played so far in the league.

Thank you for your kind words. ATN has played well so far in the league also.

Paul

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges