Conquer Club

[CR@W] the Bannermen [Complete]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Jan 29 Start] [11/?]

Postby TX AG 90 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:28 am

IcePack wrote:
TX AG 90 wrote:IcePack,

I know we have addressed what happens when an "inactive" clan castle is attacked. As of now, you or Lindax will play for the inactive game and once an active clan has defeated the castle 3 times (or less if they have been previously attacked), they will get the castle and their gold.

However, I could not find where it was addressed what happens if the active clan lord LOSES the battle.

Is the attacking Lord automatically executed like battles vs. Barbarians or is there a set ransom fee in lieu of negotiations?

Thanks,

TX

Hey TX,
It might be in the FAQ, but it was answered. :) (I know I'm sorry, FAQ is huge)
But it's up to the victor, they get to decide whether to execute, kidnap (for diplo or other purposes), randsom, or set free.
Of course, if the victor sends me a PM saying the Lord is executed before the other House sends the victor a diplomacy PM, it will at that point be to late.
So if you win over an active Lord, be sure you want to execute before sending me the PM. Because at that point, he's executed and theres nothing left to ransom.
Nothing is automatic, however. If I don't hear anything from the victor, he will be assumed to be kidnapped until otherwise noted from the House.
Theres also no default fee's for ransoms. Thats for the two sides to negotiate.

Hi IcePack,

I was referring to the instance when you lose to an Inactive Clan. What happens then?

Thanks,

TX
Private TX AG 90

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Starting]

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:49 am

Oh that makes a lot more sense :) anything involving decisions that affect the board etc in those type of scenarios, I'll roll a d4,d6,d8,d12,d20, or d100 to get my decision. So what they do will be random.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TX AG 90 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:25 am

IcePack wrote:Oh that makes a lot more sense :) anything involving decisions that affect the board etc in those type of scenarios, I'll roll a d4,d6,d8,d12,d20, or d100 to get my decision. So what they do will be random.

Perfect - thanks.

Once you have those parameters determined, can you publish them? It would be good for the clans to know the risk/reward for attacking an inactive clans castle.

Thanks,

TX
Private TX AG 90

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:29 am

Sure :) for this there are 4 options, execute, ransom, kidnap, release.
Some are more desirable then others. So I'll do a d10:

1-3: execute
4-6: ransom
7-9: kidnap
10: release

Ransom request would be 2d4 (2-8 GP)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TX AG 90 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks!
Private TX AG 90

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Also we had our 14th sign up overnight :) After reviewing the map etc I'm happy with the balance we ended up with.
I might have chosen to move one clan / swap them somewhere, but since they already had seen their map(s) I left it.
And overall, I think it'll be ok.

Relics have been dropped on the map. The game is set to go :)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Q: Do you have to have a lord in the square you want to build a city or watchtower?
A: Yes
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Turn 1 Clan Submit]

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Starting Turn 1 Clan Submit Info for Monday Jan 30th Now
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Anyone have favorite House names and Mottos?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 am

Submit your moves today :)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby nvanputten on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:53 pm

What time are submissions due?
Major nvanputten

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:14 pm

IcePack wrote:Sure :) for this there are 4 options, execute, ransom, kidnap, release.

What's the difference between Kidnap and Ransom? Can kidnapped only be freed by military takeover?
Private TX AG 90

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:23 pm

nvanputten wrote:What time are submissions due?

Listed under army section "turns", cutoff is 2400 CCT each day. So you need to submit by then, and everyone's update should be done by 2400 the following day
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:39 pm

TX AG 90 wrote:
IcePack wrote:Sure :) for this there are 4 options, execute, ransom, kidnap, release.

What's the difference between Kidnap and Ransom? Can kidnapped only be freed by military takeover?

Ransom is essentially the same as kidnap, but you are signally to the other clan that the motivation is financial for their release. (And I would forward your ransom demand to the other clan).
Kidnap could be used for several instances. Diplomatic leverage (i.e. I have 3 of your lords, declare war on House X and I will release them, or declare yourself my Bannermen and I will release etc) or could just be to sideline the player for now, and to be ransomed later on etc.
To be clear, a ransomed player can become kidnapped (like if the other clan refuses to pay) and a kidnapped player can become ransomed. It's just signaling your initial intent / differentiate between your goals to the other clan. (As their note from me would reflect accordingly, Lord X has been ransomed or kidnapped, along w any financial or diplo demand (if any))

For purposes of castle take overs, both ransomed and kidnapped players would be "lost" to the Victorious clan, and they would then decide what to do with those Lords. These kidnapped / ransomed lords are always assumed to be in your point of origin castle, regardless of which castle / how they were obtained. If you lose your original castle but own others, I would contact you to select a new "flagship" castle where this type of player is kept.

If you lose all castles and win a battle / kidnap someone, then it's assumed that they are kept with the traveling army that beat them until a castle is obtained.

Kidnapped, ransomed lords can be executed at any time. Note: you can demand ransom, get paid, then execute. Part of diplo will be negotiating release terms such as order of exchange (pay first then lord, or lord first and then gold). If both sides agree to "mutual" exchange then I'll make the transfer @ same time. (Probably the standard in most negotiations for this unless there is some mistrust on one side or the other).

You can't secretly execute someone and still demand a ransom. The bards will sing of your actions and thus it will be known the Lord is no longer alive in the Realm.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Is there any starting gold?
Major rockfist

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:00 pm

rockfist wrote:Is there any starting gold?

No, gold is listed on your "info" tab (same link as your private map link). Starts @ 0 and goes up based on the income charts etc.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:55 pm

IcePack wrote:
TX AG 90 wrote:

Ransom is essentially the same as kidnap, but you are signally to the other clan that the motivation is financial for their release. (And I would forward your ransom demand to the other clan).
Kidnap could be used for several instances. Diplomatic leverage (i.e. I have 3 of your lords, declare war on House X and I will release them, or declare yourself my Bannermen and I will release etc) or could just be to sideline the player for now, and to be ransomed later on etc.
To be clear, a ransomed player can become kidnapped (like if the other clan refuses to pay) and a kidnapped player can become ransomed. It's just signaling your initial intent / differentiate between your goals to the other clan. (As their note from me would reflect accordingly, Lord X has been ransomed or kidnapped, along w any financial or diplo demand (if any))

For purposes of castle take overs, both ransomed and kidnapped players would be "lost" to the Victorious clan, and they would then decide what to do with those Lords. These kidnapped / ransomed lords are always assumed to be in your point of origin castle, regardless of which castle / how they were obtained. If you lose your original castle but own others, I would contact you to select a new "flagship" castle where this type of player is kept.

If you lose all castles and win a battle / kidnap someone, then it's assumed that they are kept with the traveling army that beat them until a castle is obtained.

Kidnapped, ransomed lords can be executed at any time. Note: you can demand ransom, get paid, then execute. Part of diplo will be negotiating release terms such as order of exchange (pay first then lord, or lord first and then gold). If both sides agree to "mutual" exchange then I'll make the transfer @ same time. (Probably the standard in most negotiations for this unless there is some mistrust on one side or the other).

You can't secretly execute someone and still demand a ransom. The bards will sing of your actions and thus it will be known the Lord is no longer alive in the Realm.

OK, but how does it work if you are "kidnapped" by an Inactive clan? Are you out until rescued or do you re-roll each turn to update status?

Thanks,

TX
Private TX AG 90

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:12 pm

I'll roll each turn to check kidnapped status.
You can also make a ransom offer, I'll just roll to see if the amount is acceptable.
That gold will sit in inactive castle until it's taken.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:15 pm

Could be going nuts, but didn't I read that you were considering for the castles to spawn lords? Is this going to happen and how often? Makes a massive difference to tactical/ financial planning.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:Could be going nuts, but didn't I read that you were considering for the castles to spawn lords? Is this going to happen and how often? Makes a massive difference to tactical/ financial planning.

I added a spawning rule which might be confusing you. It was just to say that when you purchase Lords they can't be dropped anywhere, it had to spawn from any castle or city you controlled.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:28 pm

IcePack wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:Could be going nuts, but didn't I read that you were considering for the castles to spawn lords? Is this going to happen and how often? Makes a massive difference to tactical/ financial planning.

I added a spawning rule which might be confusing you. It was just to say that when you purchase Lords they can't be dropped anywhere, it had to spawn from any castle or city you controlled.

Assumed it would be main castle, so there is a choice to use any castle or city controlled or do you randomise it?
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:31 pm

The house "recruiting" / purchasing the new lord is basically assumed to be arming one of the locals / building an army. So that house can pick which castle or city this is done in, as long as it's a location they fully control / own & operate.

If no location is provided, it'll spawn from the original castle by default
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:16 pm

One more thing to note. You must have met a House (even just briefly) on the map with a lord, city, or castle at some point previously in order to conduct diplomacy with them. So you can't ask me to PM every house with a diplomatic message to them all ;)

The Realm is a dark and mysterious place. As you reveal other cultures you will be able to learn about your surroundings and the make up of them.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:56 pm

BTW in some instances, there is no possible way the situation on the map might change based on others activities / turn initiative. So some of you might receive your "official updates" today rather then tomorrow, to save me some extra time tomorrow ;)

Some of these initial turns I'll be able to do stuff like this, but moving forward it'll be less and less likely. I'll be having to strictly wait until everyone has submitted turns etc as it will be vital.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:08 am

Will we be aware of our turn based on initiative before we send you instruction ?
Brigadier Donelladan

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges