Conquer Club

[CC2] 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup!!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC2] 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup!!

Postby Leehar on Tue May 24, 2011 4:44 am

reptile wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:
Eyestone wrote:
reptile wrote:chuuuuuck are you going to update the game lines with the round of 16 games?

:-s It was updated a couple of weeks ago, or so... 2nd post of this thread.

I think he is asking about the links to each war. I will hop back on and get them later.

Am i missing something? where are they?

My Cup article in CC Dispatch [Issue 47: 09-05-2011] Whac-a-thon has the correct game lines. 1st Article in the Clan(Last) Section

The content review is probably marginally out-of-date, but updated box scores and review will be in the next issue that should be out within the week. With regards to your earlier Upsets comment, there is at least 1 big one on the cards, tho Jack didn't even mention it ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue May 24, 2011 5:53 am

make that two
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby laughingcavalier on Sun May 29, 2011 6:42 pm

It looks like we have 1 clan qualified for the next round so far, maybe a couple more soon...
Doesn't look like we'll be able to start the next round by the 5th.
Is there a new date?
Major laughingcavalier

Postby stahrgazer on Mon May 30, 2011 10:08 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:It looks like we have 1 clan qualified for the next round so far, maybe a couple more soon...
Doesn't look like we'll be able to start the next round by the 5th.
Is there a new date?

Glad you asked; I came in to mention that neither the LoW/Legion nor the TSM/AFoS challenges have a clear winner yet.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue May 31, 2011 10:35 am

Looks like most winners will be coming in fairly soon. I will move the entire schedule back 1 week for now.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby reptile on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 am

Game 8941523 Once this game goes final (probably in the next couple minutes, LoW will be advancing.
Captain reptile

Postby reptile on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm

reptile wrote:Game 8941523 Once this game goes final (probably in the next couple minutes, LoW will be advancing.

Yes, LoW victorious and moving on to the Elite 8!

Hard fought battle by Legion.
Captain reptile

Postby Dako on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Well done.
Colonel Dako

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 am

When Chuuuck set up this round of the Cup, one of the things he mentioned was that each and every challenge meets the criteria required for clan wars medals.

Dako recently posted in answer to an inquiry, that medals will only be for rounds 16 and forward.

If every challenge meets the criteria, what gives?

jpcloet clan medals thread wrote:Wars:

* A War must be of a minimum 41 games, and must have a specific defined process for determining a winner, prior to the start of the War. A random triples neutral game is recommended.
* War restrictions must adhere to the basic restrictions inherently built by clans meaning No Freestyle, No Manual, No Speed
* The game composition must comprise 100% Team Games. Recommended setup is 25% Doubles, 25% Triples, 25% Quadruples and 25% Choice of Team Games
* Clan Wars must be fairly negotiated
* Must be considered a reasonably fair War, meaning farming of medals will not be allowed. Any questionable war will be discussed first by the Clan Directors and if any further discussion is needed, the Clan Leader's Association will be consulted.
* A minimum of 10 players must be used.
* Both Clans must follow the 1 Clan Rule
* Clan War thread must be adequately documented to ensure medals are properly given out, primarily game numbers and winner

Players:

* Be on the winning clan
* Have played the minimum game requirement (See Example)
* Have a minimum of 1 win
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby danryan on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:04 am

FOED has 21 wins in our challenge against IA. We're into the final 8 now.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:12 am

stahrgazer wrote:When Chuuuck set up this round of the Cup, one of the things he mentioned was that each and every challenge meets the criteria required for clan wars medals.

Dako recently posted in answer to an inquiry, that medals will only be for rounds 16 and forward.

If every challenge meets the criteria, what gives?

jpcloet clan medals thread wrote:Wars:

* Must be considered a reasonably fair War, meaning farming of medals will not be allowed. Any questionable war will be discussed first by the Clan Directors and if any further discussion is needed, the Clan Leader's Association will be consulted.

JP considers it unfair that "high" ranking clans are playing "low" ranking clans. Apparently BFM is not "good enough" to take on TOFU, Legion is not "good enough' to take on LoW, etc.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 am

Edit
Last edited by Chuuuuck on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Master Fenrir on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:46 am

Chuuuuck wrote:p.s. I don't think he is even planning to award medals for any of the matches, even the final 8 and on...

I forget where I read it, but I'm pretty sure that this in not accurate. I think the final 8 will receive medals. too busy at work right now to hunt down the post, though.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:48 am

Master Fenrir wrote:
Chuuuuck wrote:p.s. I don't think he is even planning to award medals for any of the matches, even the final 8 and on...

I forget where I read it, but I'm pretty sure that this in not accurate. I think the final 8 will receive medals. too busy at work right now to hunt down the post, though.

He told me in a PM a while back that he decided none of the matches were going to get a medal
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby reptile on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:44 am

that is bull, if the requirements are met and they dont give medals then i dont see why not....

cc is seriously going down the shitter. "lets make some rules and enforce them if it hurts the players, but for a way to reward them lets make some requirements but not give the players what they deserve".

So i guess only the rules are consistent, not the requirements. THE REQUIREMENTS WERE MADE AND MET!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain reptile

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:47 am

reptile wrote:that is bull, if the requirements are met and they dont give medals then i dont see why not....

cc is seriously going down the shitter. "lets make some rules and enforce them if it hurts the players, but for a way to reward them lets make some requirements but not give the players what they deserve".

So i guess only the rules are consistent, not the requirements. THE REQUIREMENTS WERE MADE AND MET!!!!!!!!!!!

NO THEY ARE NOT!
oh capslock off - check.
cc2 is a forced scedule. medals are for fair clanwars that both parties agreed upon and have a MINIMUN requirement, in addition more requirements have to be met, and i repeat myself, among which is the free selection of rules/ opponants ect ect within certain bounds...
its not like the medals are paid for....
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Commander9 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:49 am

I honestly don't understand what's the big deal with these .jpg's ...
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:35 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
reptile wrote:that is bull, if the requirements are met and they dont give medals then i dont see why not....

NO THEY ARE NOT!
oh capslock off - check.
cc2 is a forced scedule. medals are for fair clanwars that both parties agreed upon and have a MINIMUN requirement, in addition more requirements have to be met, and i repeat myself, among which is the free selection of rules/ opponants ect ect within certain bounds...
its not like the medals are paid for....

What is unfair about CC2? In CC1, TOFU/LoW were supposed to meet for 3rd place and we decided not to play each other. That is fair, if you do not want to play someone then you do not have to, and you will be out of CC2, but there is no penalty associated with it. If we decide that we don't want to face KORT again (assuming we both make it head to head), that's our prerogative (or KORT's). Any clan who does not want to face who they are scheduled to face can forfeit their CC2 slot at any time.

AFAIK, the ONLY thing that doesn't meet minimum clan war requirements is that you are assigned to face someone. That's the only thing that is outside JP's minimum clan rules.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:43 pm

okay, so i can negotiate a random maps? oh no, i cannot
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Electricksabers on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Jp posted in the 2nd CCUP thread in the CLA forum about which challenges would get medals, I don't think it appropriate for me to post it here but I will ask him to.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby Rodion on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:54 pm

I think that all upsets should grant the underdogs a medal.

Besides, close matchups (for instance, #16 vs. #17) should also give the winner a medal. I don't know where exactly to draw the line, but no medals at all sounds obviously unfair.
General Rodion

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:00 pm

SirSebstar wrote:okay, so i can negotiate a random maps? oh no, i cannot

Yes you can, nowhere in the rules in post #1 does it say no random maps. Chuck copied JP's rules, and random challenges/maps are allowed.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby danryan on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Meh, seriously, if you want a clan war medal, set up a clan war. The Conquerors Cup is a separate "clan tournament" with mini challenges. The medal just isn't that big of a deal, unless it's for winning the Cup.

Where's my medal for being awesome by the way?
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:05 pm

They aren't mini challenges, they are full blown wars. That was the idea behind the CCup, that they would be full challenges. They meet all the requirements, so why would they not have medals?

I don't muchly give a f*ck either way if there are or aren't clan medals, but there need to be standards for the medals, and I don't feel that jpcloet is creating decent standards.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby The Voice on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:17 pm

danryan wrote:Meh, seriously, if you want a clan war medal, set up a clan war. The Conquerors Cup is a separate "clan tournament" with mini challenges. The medal just isn't that big of a deal, unless it's for winning the Cup.

Where's my medal for being awesome by the way?

Haven't crafted it yet, sorry for the delay.
Major The Voice

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges