Conquer Club

[NCC4] ATL (21) v RA (20) of 41 - Final 10/8

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [NCC4] ATL (0) v RA (0) of 41

Postby Janomike on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:04 am

Really im happy im not involved in game creation and filling.

Of course i think its best if this games are filled asap but we do have a 2nd batch as well
and this 3 games we are talking about will have to start before the 2nd batch does anyway. So there is no delay for the war itself right?

Lets concentrate on the games id say!

Mike
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby mcshanester29 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:21 am

BoganGod wrote:
chemefreak wrote:This is a private tournament so the TO will need to be consulted here (which I think he has been).

Neither the rules of this war nor the rules of the tournament provide how long a clan has to join games. This is something that could have been negotiated between the clans but was not. At this point, although it is completely up to the TO, the CD Team would not encourage forfeits (as our policy is to avoid them at all costs).

As an aside, RA should get the games joined asap and should probably not be waiting for players on vacation. Also, if the games expire, as suggested by VioIet earlier, a forfeit would probably be the appropriate sanction.

Thank you for getting in here quickly chemefreak and clarifying a few things. Sadly tournament organiser is not able/willing to step in and make a decision. Or hasn't been to date. Would it be possible to either have this thread moved to tournaments if it is not clan department sanctioned, or for clan mods to help mc, maybe he has real life issues. Running a tournament and letting the person who says no the most dictate terms is not right. Could that be a new policy
being rolled out.
Just saying.

So unlike some people I do have a real life and yes I do volunteer on here, so just because its been over 12hrs for me to respond doesn't mean I can't run it. Instead of quoting everyone here is what I am going to say.

@BG - I don't even know you and didn't realize that you were a leader in ATL. No I don't need help from the CD''s because I had a busy day and just because I haven't said anything doesn't mean that inaction is a decision. If my busy day has inconvenienced you then by all means feel free not to participate in an event that I run. Should there be a rule on when games should be made? It wasn't stated in the NC4 rules as this is supposed to be a little more relaxed tournament as was stated in the signup thread. Yes maybe I should have made a game exchange rules but your leaders didn't think of it either as this point is clearly stated - " Clans will work out all other details between themselves (who is running the war thread and in how many sets are the games being played)" and you didn't put any dates on when the 2nd set will start. Just saying

@Vioiet - I agree that is a long time for games to be filled - most wars games are filled within just a few days and never usually more than a week. Since ATL doesn't want to wait any longer then these games need to be filled within 24hrs.

@chemefreak - thanks for stating the CD's position and letting this be worked out.

@everyone else - Due to clans not being able to work this kind of stuff out the next NCC will probably have a games exchange rule.

Thanks
Private mcshanester29

Postby HardAttack on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:10 am

BoganGod wrote:......
Thank you for accepting the challenge, maybe under that defensive, hurt, prickly, judgemental shell there is a decent person worthy of worshipping me. Love and kisses to all except HA (where is that albino camel you promised me)

SORRY 4 DELAY UNCLE

Click image to enlarge.

These beatnik beauties to reach you in a day maybe two, patience :lol:
Colonel HardAttack

Postby BoganGod on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:07 am

mcshanester29 wrote:
BoganGod wrote:
chemefreak wrote:This is a private tournament so the TO will need to be consulted here (which I think he has been).

Neither the rules of this war nor the rules of the tournament provide how long a clan has to join games. This is something that could have been negotiated between the clans but was not. At this point, although it is completely up to the TO, the CD Team would not encourage forfeits (as our policy is to avoid them at all costs).

As an aside, RA should get the games joined asap and should probably not be waiting for players on vacation. Also, if the games expire, as suggested by VioIet earlier, a forfeit would probably be the appropriate sanction.

Thank you for getting in here quickly chemefreak and clarifying a few things. Sadly tournament organiser is not able/willing to step in and make a decision. Or hasn't been to date. Would it be possible to either have this thread moved to tournaments if it is not clan department sanctioned, or for clan mods to help mc, maybe he has real life issues. Running a tournament and letting the person who says no the most dictate terms is not right. Could that be a new policy
being rolled out.
Just saying.

So unlike some people I do have a real life and yes I do volunteer on here, so just because its been over 12hrs for me to respond doesn't mean I can't run it. Instead of quoting everyone here is what I am going to say.

@BG - I don't even know you and didn't realize that you were a leader in ATL. No I don't need help from the CD''s because I had a busy day and just because I haven't said anything doesn't mean that inaction is a decision. If my busy day has inconvenienced you then by all means feel free not to participate in an event that I run. Should there be a rule on when games should be made? It wasn't stated in the NC4 rules as this is supposed to be a little more relaxed tournament as was stated in the signup thread. Yes maybe I should have made a game exchange rules but your leaders didn't think of it either as this point is clearly stated - " Clans will work out all other details between themselves (who is running the war thread and in how many sets are the games being played)" and you didn't put any dates on when the 2nd set will start. Just saying

@Vioiet - I agree that is a long time for games to be filled - most wars games are filled within just a few days and never usually more than a week. Since ATL doesn't want to wait any longer then these games need to be filled within 24hrs.

@chemefreak - thanks for stating the CD's position and letting this be worked out.

@everyone else - Due to clans not being able to work this kind of stuff out the next NCC will probably have a games exchange rule.

Thanks

MC, a public petulant and defensive response. Denying God will not cause God to not exist. Congratulations for putting something on record maybe your liver isn't the colour some have asserted it is. However your lamentable reading skills might be slowing you down somewhat. I pretty clearly stated in my pm I sent you a while back that I AM NOT A CLAN LEADER. As an active member of a clan I believe it is my duty to support my clan, and advocate on its part(otherwise why be in a clan right?).

I know I appreciate people taking the time to run these types of events. I'm sure others appreciate it as well. Thank you MC

I imagine you are now learning that the more things you plan for and spell out, the less the chance of people deliberately and cynically taking advantage of glaring holes that have been left in the rules.

Yes I'm loving not having any responsibilities. Giving moral lessons to the unfortunate is a gift, honed with my perfect 20/20 hindsite vision.. Any one else want advice?

HA Thanks for the beautiful pictures of camels, sad you have not come good on your promise and provided me with albino camel pics. However I applaud your restraint and common sense in not trying to pass off a dyed camel as a genuine elusive albino. Candy looks a lot like she would be the lady to convert Bruceswar.

Big hug and shout out to janomike, it is a tough world sometimes eh? Don't worry your new sig won't look too bad. In fact if it suits you, you might consider putting your name down for a water front property on a little island called Atlantis. The other residents are crazy, but the view is great.

No for the final time Freakns I do not want to webcam you putting a ferret down your leather chaps whilst dancing to boney M in a pool of lime jelly
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby freakns on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:11 pm

:(

and i had all choreography ready...
Brigadier freakns

Postby Genoke on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:41 pm

@ Mcshane,
thank you for making a decision. I know running a tourney certainly doesn't goes smooth all the time. Every now and then something happens, you didn't calculated in the rules (yet).
I've read the rules of this tourney before we entered and yeah, i didn't thought of this kind of problem either. First time i get in touch with it. Must be the unexperience of being a clan leader for only 5 months.
Normally i'm easy going, but 12-14 days is way over the line (my opinion). If we didn't act, what could be next...we have to hold the borders to keep all the tourney's as straight as we can, so no more surprises.

I very appreciate the work you're doing and i hope you keep running tourney's like this. Makes more fun for the clan world! =D> =D>

@Violet,
Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but sometimes a clan is in a position, where things doesn't work out the way you like it. These are the situations to look deeper and try to prevent from happening again.
I'll suggest to keep at least 1 sitter in your clan for every clan member, so if someone is on vacation or something bad would happen in real life, things still can go on at this site and in games.
I understand your situation and i feel sorry for your clan, but i do hope you understand our/the situation on the other side too.
If we don't keep our line on the borders, in a short time they will expand those borders, where you can't see them anymore. (don't know if that's good english though)
Maybe next time when an opposing clan doesn't like a map, they'll ask to change it? We have to drawn a line somewhere...

Let's hope this issue doesn't infect the further going of our clan war.
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby freakns on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Genoke wrote:If we don't keep our line on the borders, in a short time they will expand those borders, where you can't see them anymore. (don't know if that's good english though)
Maybe next time when an opposing clan doesn't like a map, they'll ask to change it? We have to drawn a line somewhere...

is the line you are drawing same one as the one on borders? :|

you are making even less sense then usual...
Brigadier freakns

Postby BoganGod on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:35 pm

freakns wrote:
Genoke wrote:If we don't keep our line on the borders, in a short time they will expand those borders, where you can't see them anymore. (don't know if that's good english though)

I think Genoke has the same English teacher as Hardattack. Let us all join hands and sing coom by arhh my lord, coom by arhh. Someone crying lord, coom by arrh, someone crying lord, coom by arrrrh, someone crying lord coom by arh. Oh lord coom by arhh.

Lovely clip of boney M, taken from Serbia has talent 2011? :P

Postby BoganGod on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:07 am

24hrs over games aren't filled.... Forfeit? Fyi invite doesn't equal filled.

Postby Genoke on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:24 am

BoganGod wrote:24hrs over games aren't filled.... Forfeit? Fyi invite doesn't equal filled.

I agree with BoganGod, but i think at this moment they have 4 hours left due timezone (McShane is from america)... after that, i have to drop those games due forfeit.

Game 13053173
Reserved [show / hide]
for: jseal 4.8
Reserved [show / hide]
for: VioIet 4.8
Reserved [show / hide]
for: Janomike 4.9
Reserved [show / hide]
for: Fuzzy316 4.8

Game 13053170
Reserved [show / hide]
for: Scipio79 4.8
Reserved [show / hide]
Reserved [show / hide]
for: doublediamond 4.9
Reserved [show / hide]
for: asbks 4.9

Game 13053161
Reserved [show / hide]
Reserved [show / hide]
for: Roussallier 4.8
Reserved [show / hide]
for: mackadoo 4.8
Last edited by Genoke on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Genoke on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:37 am

As leader of Atlantis,

i'd like to apologize for some reactions from BoganGod.
Was it because he didn't get laid for a few weeks, maybe he smoked the wrong pipe or maybe he just got stressed up due work and had to lose some steam...i don't know and i won't ask.
Atlantis likes to come out as a respectful clan to everybody (at least most of you :D ) and we lost it a bit due the fierce emotions or word choices.
I hope we stop stalking now and keep going with the war...
Does the sig/avatar bets still are going on? :mrgreen:

next war ATL vs RA is coming @ CC4...hopefully this will happen without much problems.
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Genoke on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:42 am

freakns wrote:

The line is the border...but we don't have to move it all the time, no need for expansion. (is this correct?) :D
BoganGod wrote:I think Genoke has the same English teacher as Hardattack. Let us all join hands and sing coom by arhh my lord, coom by arhh. Someone crying lord, coom by arrh, someone crying lord, coom by arrrrh, someone crying lord coom by arh. Oh lord coom by arhh.

Yeah, i never got the flowerpower from the english language, so...
but look at the bride side, we're deadly serious and you all can have a laugh! :mrgreen:
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Genoke on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:45 am

freakns wrote:

The line is the border...but we don't have to move it all the time, no need for expansion. (is this correct?) :D
BoganGod wrote:I think Genoke has the same English teacher as Hardattack. Let us all join hands and sing coom by arhh my lord, coom by arhh. Someone crying lord, coom by arrh, someone crying lord, coom by arrrrh, someone crying lord coom by arh. Oh lord coom by arhh.

Yeah, i never got the flowerpower from the english language, so...
but look at the bride side, we're deadly serious and you all can have a laugh! :mrgreen:
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby stotzi on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:43 am

Games are filled, as you see, players have just to accept invitations. The player, who is absent (P*Funk!) is not in any of them, so there's also no trick of RA recognizable.

It's weekend, man! We have naturally accepted macshanester's decision, because he is the boss and we have the biggest respect for someone to spends a lot of his leisure time to run and manage a tournament so large! We also understand that the misunderstanding has raised emotions, but now that games are filled, please stop it! There are always both parties involved if it comes to a misunderstanding. So let it rest now, please and stop this "i think at this moment they have 4 hours left due timezone (McShane is from america)... after that, i have to drop those games due forfeit."-talking or do we have to look up definitions in some rulebooks, what is considered "filled" or what the jurisdiction is concerning the terms "filled" and "joined"?!!

So, I am most politely and with all due respect asking you to let this topic rest, not dropping the games and showing us our skills on the gameboard. Thank you!
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel stotzi

Postby Keefie on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:51 am

Is claiming the forfeits really worth the animosity it will create - I don't think so.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HardAttack on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 am

freakns wrote::(

and i had all choreography ready...

trying to get it what it is going on with 02:40 here :-$
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Genoke on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:33 am

All home games are filled now.
Thank you!
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby HardAttack on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:50 am

BoganGod wrote:
freakns wrote:

I think Genoke has the same English teacher as Hardattack. Let us all join hands and sing coom by arhh my lord, coom by arhh. Someone crying lord, coom by arrh, someone crying lord, coom by arrrrh, someone crying lord coom by arh. Oh lord coom by arhh.

I am the most mistake-free english speaker over this site uncle. Isnt it obvious ? :lol: Just having little accent problems and it is all.
Genoke and i had same English teacher that is sure, how did you get it ? But that class, even though it was to teach us english, we learned many other stuff rather than english while we both were real young... i dont know why, we meant to learn english but we had focusing problems in class...
you will get not surprised why, nietzche, mageplunka69, genoke, nagerous, hardattack, we were some of the course takers atm... :D

here is miss dawson who used to be our lecturer btw,

anyways, i had other courses in the following years and i am excellent english language user due to these recent courses today.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Genoke on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:11 pm

HardAttack wrote:
BoganGod wrote:
freakns wrote:

I am the most mistake-free english speaker over this site uncle. Isnt it obvious ? :lol: Just having little accent problems and it is all.
Genoke and i had same English teacher that is sure, how did you get it ? But that class, even though it was to teach us english, we learned many other stuff rather than english while we both were real young... i dont know why, we meant to learn english but we had focusing problems in class...
you will get not surprised why, nietzche, mageplunka69, genoke, nagerous, hardattack, we were some of the course takers atm... :D

here is miss dawson who used to be our lecturer btw,

anyways, i had other courses in the following years and i am excellent english language user due to these recent courses today.

the red line obvious let you know the reason why we didn't payed enough attention to the content of those lessons! :D
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby doublediamond on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 am

I have tasted some cod and salmon that I found in Genoke's palace:
Game 13054504

It tastes good, and I look forward to the seafood platter that lies ahead.
Major doublediamond

Postby Genoke on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 pm

doublediamond wrote:I have tasted some cod and salmon that I found in Genoke's palace:
Game 13054504

It tastes good, and I look forward to the seafood platter that lies ahead.

lol...it was just a little seafood left to lure you! :D

palace was an old one and became pretty weak, couldn't even stand against a little fight!
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby BoganGod on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:53 am

Keefie wrote:Is claiming the forfeits really worth the animosity it will create - I don't think so.

What is animosity? Except for a persons spiteful reaction to being found to be acting out of school so as to speak. :lol:

Game joining in this clan war
D- for effort.
A+ for wilful attitude.

More grades pending.

Postby kuma32478 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 am

We're rooting for you, Atlantis. I defintely don't want to deal with the garbage you guys have had to deal with against RA in Round 3 of this thing.
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby kuma32478 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Atlantis, when should we begin the discussions for our Round 3 matchup?
Private 1st Class kuma32478

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges