Conquer Club

Clan Challenges Results [Discussion]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan Challenges Results [Discussion]

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

max is gr8 wrote:EDIT: I think of clans as a country, you can fight for more than one country, so why not more than one clan?

Example please?
Major Bones2484

Postby max is gr8 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:50 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Umm... conflict of interest? It's not that hard to understand really.

Simple, don't have people who are in 2 clans play in the clan wars against another clan they're in

@Bones

E.g. Spanish Parent and Italian Parent, then you can fight for 2
French F, British M, you born somewhere else.

I believe that would make 3 countries + any you abide by all rules for applying for citizenship.

(I know that's a bit extreme but it is feasible, I think you can go back 2 generations
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:55 pm

max is gr8 wrote:@Bones

E.g. Spanish Parent and Italian Parent, then you can fight for 2
French F, British M, you born somewhere else.

I believe that would make 3 countries + any you abide by all rules for applying for citizenship.

(I know that's a bit extreme but it is feasible, I think you can go back 2 generations

What do you mean "fight for"? Do you mean like in a war? Or do you mean like in the Olympics?
Major Bones2484

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Eh, I'm just going to answer your next comment before it gets posted.

If you are implying "in times of war", think about the consequences of that. If you fought against the ally of one of your citizenships, you'd be considered a traitor. And you wouldnt always be able to "sit out" if one of your countries decides it wants to draft.

If you are implying "for the Olympics", then this is not allowed. You are only able to compete for one country at a single Olympic games.

Anyways, just think of the slippery slope that would result if players were able to join multiple competitive clans. OP already hinted as the "conflict of interest" but it goes much deeper than that. What, then, would stop you from joining THOTA, The Untouchables, and Generation One and residing in the current top 3 clans in the unofficial rankings? It would be silly.

Regardless, this seems to be the only unanimous topic in the CLA.
Major Bones2484

Re: Clan Challenges Results

Postby David_Wain on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 pm

exact reason 24 games shouldn't count.. 13-11 is 1 game difference.. that's not really a challenge won it's so close.
Captain David_Wain

Postby hwhrhett on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:19 pm

David_Wain wrote:exact reason 24 games shouldn't count.. 13-11 is 1 game difference.. that's not really a challenge won it's so close.

love to see that type of input in the cla forum.....
Cook hwhrhett

Postby jpcloet on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm

David_Wain wrote:exact reason 24 games shouldn't count.. 13-11 is 1 game difference.. that's not really a challenge won it's so close.

We keep talking about 20 games as the minimum. I'm not sure I see your point in "close" as a win is a win is it not? Your win against ID was really close, guess that one doesn't count either?

Also, we're in the wrong thread for discussion I think.
Captain jpcloet

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:26 pm

This makes absolutely no sense. A win is a win no matter how much you win by.

G1 recently played LoD in a 45 game competition. We won 23-22. Should it not count as a win because "it's so close"?

If you'd like to argue that there aren't enough games in a 24 to get a good indication of the winner, that is a worthwhile argument. But saying it's not a win because it's close is just silly.
Major Bones2484

Postby jpcloet on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Smaller challenges means that every game counts so much more in the differential.
Captain jpcloet

Discussion

Postby MarVal on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:37 pm

About the last discussion I only can say that the Clan Challenges Results at this moment will be listed with all the Clan Challenges victories announced in the Clan Challenges sub-forum.

Off course I appreciate the discussion of all the clan members about the Clan Challenges Results, so I have merged the last 5 posts about the discussion to the:

There all the clan members can continuing with the discussion :mrgreen:

Grtz
MarVal
Corporal MarVal

Re: Answers + UPDATE

Postby alster on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:52 am

Blitzaholic wrote:and we won against the Bushwackers

it is in our thread

Have a vague recollection of that. Was a shitload of games right? Bunch of doubles with various people. Yup. Why? After all - wasn't/isn't much of a challenge beating us... :D
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Captain alster

Re: Answers + UPDATE

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm

alstergren wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:and we won against the Bushwackers

it is in our thread

Have a vague recollection of that. Was a shitload of games right? Bunch of doubles with various people. Yup. Why? After all - wasn't/isn't much of a challenge beating us... :D

It was 42 games and Thota won 31 to 11 of bushwacker wins on doubles and triples games all on 42 different maps at the time. you in a new clan now all-star? or still with bushwackers?
General Blitzaholic

Postby waseemalim on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:03 am

jpcloet wrote:Updated for the LOW vitory which with that 66% win rate and the fact that TUC was #2, pushes LOW into the #2 spot. Well done.

Hmm... 19 down. 1 more to go. 8-)
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby Knight2254 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:47 am

How will theclan league affect the clan ladder-- if at all?
Brigadier Knight2254

Postby jpcloet on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:27 am

Each of the clans in the divisions will play each other home and away for 20 total games and these will be added to the ladder. So that will be 10 times 3 divisions (5 choose 2 times 3 divisions) = 30 more results to add to the ladder over the next 6 months. These cover the blue squares in the league table results.

The purples squares are 10 games on cross-over matchups against the other 10 clans in the other divisions. These do not qualify for the clan ladder.

Edit: The last 2 posts should be moved to "challenge discussions". I've added this question to the Q&A on the Ladder thread.
Captain jpcloet

Postby andy_is_awesome on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:58 am

Does there have to be a tie section???
Seems kinda weak, why not a tie breaker?
There is a new random map function. Why not use it to break ties?

Only 2 challenges so far have ended in ties. They could go back and untie them, right?
Last edited by andy_is_awesome on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby jpcloet on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:56 am

I guess they could agree, but that was some time ago and they have been declared as FINAL. Going forward, using the random map to break ties is a good idea.
Captain jpcloet

Postby hwhrhett on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:52 pm

jpcloet wrote:Each of the clans in the divisions will play each other home and away for 20 total games and these will be added to the ladder. So that will be 10 times 3 divisions (5 choose 2 times 3 divisions) = 30 more results to add to the ladder over the next 6 months. These cover the blue squares in the league table results.

The purples squares are 10 games on cross-over matchups against the other 10 clans in the other divisions. These do not qualify for the clan ladder.

Edit: The last 2 posts should be moved to "challenge discussions". I've added this question to the Q&A on the Ladder thread.

i knew this was discussed publicly somewhere!!
Cook hwhrhett

Previous

Return to Clan Archives