Conquer Club

Bushwackers

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dirty Birds?

Postby Patroclus on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:09 pm

alstergren wrote: Besides this, none of us believe in trying to regulate people's behavior. It's membership of a clan, not a position as an indentured servant.

AllStar: You always try to come off as if you're intelligent, and in reality, you're an idiot. A dishonorable one, at that.

Pathetic...... :roll:
The ground was rushing up at me. It had been one heck of a ride. And suddenly I wondered………

Who packed my parachute?
Lieutenant Patroclus

Postby AK_iceman on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:12 pm

This is our callout thread patroclus. Havent you started enough flame threads about us? Just go post that crap in one of those.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Hold on....

Postby Scarus on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:15 pm

Hey Pat, this thread isn't even the flamewars.....lol

Maybe you'll have to start yet another one there.......rotflmao...

Well, you guys are free to play as you like. You're right, it's only your business, but it seemed like you wanted a new beginning. Your reps have taken a major hit, and you're going to have to do better than this if you want any respect from anyone......

You can call yourselves whatever you want, but I have a feeling that the name "dirty birds" will be the one that most people use.
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby AK_iceman on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:18 pm

I'm fine with the name dirty birds, and i credit ereandil for coming up with it. (even if it was kind of an insult) I think its cool as long as everyone knows who the bushwackers are they can call us whatever they want.

Re: Hold on....

Postby Patroclus on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:22 pm

Scarus wrote:Hey Pat, this thread isn't even the flamewars.....lol

Oooops! I can't help myself.....When I see a toilet, I shit.

I'll be a good little Monkey now..... :mrgreen:
The ground was rushing up at me. It had been one heck of a ride. And suddenly I wondered………

Who packed my parachute?
Lieutenant Patroclus

Re: Hold on....

Postby alster on Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:07 pm

Patroclus wrote:
Scarus wrote:Hey Pat, this thread isn't even the flamewars.....lol

Oooops! I can't help myself.....When I see a toilet, I shit.

I'll be a good little Monkey now..... :mrgreen:

I guess your red ass must be hurting from constantly shitting then. 'Cause from where I stand and look down into the sewer, it looks like you've been swimming in shit non-stop for the last week or two. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Captain alster

Postby spring1 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:39 pm

How would you know, Alster? Your nose is too far up in the air to ever allow yourself near anything that remotely resembles a sewer. :lol:
"We cannot enter into alliances until we are acquainted with the designs of our neighbors."--Sun Tzu
Lieutenant spring1

Postby AK_iceman on Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:42 pm

Please stop posting this crap in our callouts people. Keep it in the flame threads.

Postby spring1 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:50 pm

It was meant as a joke, Highborn...hence, the smiley face...plus, when I do flame somebody, I tend to go a bit overboard a write some babbling novel! This, obviously, is not the case! :)
"We cannot enter into alliances until we are acquainted with the designs of our neighbors."--Sun Tzu
Lieutenant spring1

Postby Patroclus on Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm sorry about the remarks I made here, AllStarGreen. I'll take all those wussy girlie-man remarks about your Sorority to the Flame Wars where it belongs.

Please excuse me, All. I am sorry. This was the wrong forum to do what I did, and it only serves to lessen me the to pits of abberation that I loath.

Who packed my parachute?
Lieutenant Patroclus

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:36 am

Scarus wrote:You say that you will not post your clan rules, that they are a secret....hmmmm.....

What exactly is your official clan policy in regards to Honor?

It seems at the present time that most of us have the perception that your clan policy is that "the ends justifies the means". If you really wanted to start anew, it would behoove you to dispel this perception in a public way, rather than say that your rules are "secret".

He's quoting Kant quite a bit.. and as a philosophy fan myself I know that kant is the means justify the ends as his philosophy..deontology..
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby alster on Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:04 am

reverend_kyle wrote:
Scarus wrote:It seems at the present time that most of us have the perception that your clan policy is that "the ends justifies the means". If you really wanted to start anew, it would behoove you to dispel this perception in a public way, rather than say that your rules are "secret".

He's quoting Kant quite a bit.. and as a philosophy fan myself I know that kant is the means justify the ends as his philosophy..deontology..

Dude. With all due respect. Kant's categorical imperative falls under the conceot of deontological ethics (i.e. duty-based ethics). A deontological code of ethics provides a moral code by looking into the nature/will/purpose of human actions - not the goals achieved. In other words, Kant's theory only makes a distinction between what is a right act and a wrong act. Basically, the notion of that "the ends justifies the means" is as far as you can get from Kant's moral code.

EDIT: On the other hand, the categorical imperative is (in my opinion) a very flawed moral ethics when applied normatively. It's as bad as utilitarianism.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Captain alster

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:36 am

alstergren wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:
Scarus wrote:It seems at the present time that most of us have the perception that your clan policy is that "the ends justifies the means". If you really wanted to start anew, it would behoove you to dispel this perception in a public way, rather than say that your rules are "secret".

Dude. With all due respect. Kant's categorical imperative falls under the conceot of deontological ethics (i.e. duty-based ethics). A deontological code of ethics provides a moral code by looking into the nature/will/purpose of human actions - not the goals achieved. In other words, Kant's theory only makes a distinction between what is a right act and a wrong act. Basically, the notion of that "the ends justifies the means" is as far as you can get from Kant's moral code.

EDIT: On the other hand, the categorical imperative is (in my opinion) a very flawed moral ethics when applied normatively. It's as bad as utilitarianism.

Thats what I was saying.. Kant was as far into deontology means justify ends as you go... Yeah the categorical imperative is pretty flawed..
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby AK_iceman on Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:38 am

This is still just a callout forum fellas.

Postby Patroclus on Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:29 am

Since this isn't really a "CallOut" to any specific group or player, but rather an attempt to draw attention to this group, shouldn't this be moved to General Discussion?

After all, in the first post it was a Public Announcement, and the whole thread seems to be justification of this group?

Oftentimes I come here to the CallOut Forum to see who is calling who out.

Moderator? Can this be moved to the appropriate place? It's really just a discussion.....

Who packed my parachute?
Lieutenant Patroclus

?

Postby matt-the-twat on Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:07 pm

did u get the idea of the bushwackers from the millwall firm on green street?
Sergeant 1st Class matt-the-twat

Postby AK_iceman on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:52 pm

If you refer to the first post at the bottom is a link that explains what a bushwacker is, and yes this belongs in callouts even tho people arent using it that way.

Postby hotgun on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:41 pm

some one said they liked that this was made from friendship not points... same with elite core, A lot of us a real life friends and thats why we started in the first place
Corporal 1st Class hotgun

Postby qeee1 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:44 pm

Em other clans make their posts in callouts because they're looking to "callout" members, or at least that was the impression I got.

Although I suppose it also belongs in callouts in the sense that you're a group that people can call out.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:44 pm

Congrats to my fellow bushwackers who aided in defeating Ereandil, Scorba, and Philbert in Game 35504 in round 6. Seems like we can do more than just pick on newbs and deadbeats. I could be wrong tho. :wink:

Postby Patroclus on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:36 pm

AK_iceman wrote:Congrats to my fellow bushwackers who aided in defeating Ereandil, Scorba, and Philbert in Game 35504 in round 6. Seems like we can do more than just pick on newbs and deadbeats.

Why don't you post this in the "I Pat Myself on the Back Forum".

This obviously isn't a callout.

Since I have been warned on my indescretion at whacking less honorables in forums other than the Flame Forum, you, AK, will just have to trod your sorry butt there.

If you have a callout, announce it.

Moderators? Can this be moved?

Who packed my parachute?
Lieutenant Patroclus

Postby Ereandil on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:26 am

AK_iceman wrote:Congrats to my fellow bushwackers who aided in defeating Ereandil, Scorba, and Philbert in Game 35504 in round 6. Seems like we can do more than just pick on newbs and deadbeats. I could be wrong tho. :wink:

What a joke !
"Old Spice makes you smell like a man, man."
winner of game #1364
Sergeant 1st Class Ereandil

Postby areyouincahoots on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:28 am

What part of this, exactly, is a joke? I'm curious.

...looks like a first-class, hard-earned, well deserved victory.

yep...mark it up...

Dirty Birds-1 Flamers-0 (read into that however you want to, DP)
Last edited by areyouincahoots on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." -Doc Holliday
Private 1st Class areyouincahoots

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:39 am

dude, this is all part of the bragging rights.

Postby Ereandil on Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:08 am

:?
Last edited by Ereandil on Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Old Spice makes you smell like a man, man."
winner of game #1364
Sergeant 1st Class Ereandil

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives