Conquer Club

CC lack of clan leaders or what?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CC lack of clan leaders or what?

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello guys!

not sure if many people remembered [1sr RFG] clan.. me and around 12 people from it found RGX in May 2014.
this because [ General Brock II ] didn't wanted to keep the clan after his departure..
it's seem he was unsure over leadership skills in the clan.. as just me was ready to take it..
the last 3-4 months in the clan, when he was busy, many people were lost, no other leaders !

from the first days in RGX, i worked a LOT to develop the clan..
the clan had around 4 phases.. and i tried a LOT to develop co-Leader..
I've lt.Futt who was SoC training academy teacher, 6 months later he lost love for CC (new job)
j1mathman was discovered and was decent vice-leader,involved in development but his study took him out since last year..
and I always said the clan can't relay on me, and i want to avoid 1st RFG fate.. but people are just interested to play..
We were okay until April, but a change in my job (jan. 2015) effected the clan little bit and we lost our lead in 2nd division CL6
around May 2015 Domination_44 applied to become vice-leader, and told me he is up to control the clan with me..
he showed some positive things & even told m at the start of this summer there is no fear if i took a break..
now looking at the status of the clan.. no clan wars made, no good additions etc..

the lack of good decisions in recent months costs us.. took RGX back to the Zero..
and the skillful players are out, some on vacation.. not sure if it's the same for many after these small smart phones?

any thoughts or advice over this?
Major Prince_Tottenham

Re: CC lack of clan leaders or what?

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Most (98% of users) dont fully understand just how hard it is to run a clan, let alone SUCCESSFULLY run a clan.

For RGX I think it makes sense for you guys to merge into another clan. Perhaps reach out to some other clan leaders and see where you may fit in.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:48 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:Most (98% of users) dont fully understand just how hard it is to run a clan, let alone SUCCESSFULLY run a clan.

For RGX I think it makes sense for you guys to merge into another clan. Perhaps reach out to some other clan leaders and see where you may fit in.

I was aware of such situation could happen for us if I become busy..
in a time we are getting good results in clan wars and CL6 (2nd division) ..
I made several offers for some clans, who were struggling, very poor record..
the idea was to get leaders on our board, but all of these clans decided no..
although our terms were very positive for any other side.. but contacted their members..
all of them said they believe their clans can improve a lone..
at this moment, i see 4-5 of these clans, are no longer in active lists !
Major Prince_Tottenham

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:51 pm

Generally we have always tried to have 4 leaders, 2 "active" leaders, they handle the burnt of the work load. Work closely together, back each other up etc.
Then we also try to have two back ups, these we get them experience through the random league, or a low difficulty war so they know what planning and running wars are like.
That way in case of emergencies, these backups can take over and support the main two leaders. If one of the main one goes, we try to find someone else who is interested and raise them up alongside the one remaining main clan leader to get them up to speed on how the clan runs, increase the responsibility etc. That way if all works out, we have four who are qualified at any time and two who handle the main issues and events and wars etc.
There are others who are non leaders who support and do research and things from time to time, usually on specific events they like (like 1vs1 event) or something of that nature where their passion can assist one of the four leaders who then just finishes it off by creating games etc
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Clans should merge when there's a lack of leaders. Too many clans already, imo.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:52 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:Clans should merge when there's a lack of leaders. Too many clans already, imo.

We've seen a few mergers and closures recently but there aren't many more struggling clans (with a few exceptions)

I don't really understand why there would be "too many" clans?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:48 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Clans should merge when there's a lack of leaders. Too many clans already, imo.

If you've got time to post in here, then you have time to make your Random League games which are now OVERDUE. Thanks
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:29 am

Keefie wrote:

If you've got time to post in here, then you have time to make your Random League games which are now OVERDUE. Thanks

Haha! =D>

I don't see how someone of a barely active clan can complain about how there are.

@PT - You either need to recruit some eager players who're likely to stick around CC, play some practice games and refresh your clan by playing against someone lower ranked. The alternative, as others have suggested, is to merge. This can be a delicate situation though and you'd have to find a match for the vast majority involved (you can likely afford to lose a player or two). Perhaps you could contact Ulti-M8 as, for whatever reason, they currently have around eleven players.

BG's correct in his assessment of what it takes to run a clan. Quite often players never realise and for me it's mostly a solo job, but that is gradually changing. I'm a workaholic anyway.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:20 pm

This got me thinking - how can we make lives easier for clan leaders?
What could help this group of people out and make it quicker, easier, more convenient, less burdensome, etc?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:16 pm

f*ck off the preferential treatment to the bigger clans and/or friends of CDs.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:24 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:f*ck off the preferential treatment to the bigger clans and/or friends of CDs.

Cite some examples of the accusations.

My only gripe is the rumored tool that a top level clan has that enables them to map rank opposing clans easily. Its like steroids!!!!!
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:35 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:f*ck off the preferential treatment to the bigger clans and/or friends of CDs.

At the risk of going off topic, Can you give examples of your complaints. Not exactly what I was asking for here as I'm not sure how it makes anything "quicker, easier, more convenient, etc" to be a leader on the site like I was asking for.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:39 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:My only gripe is the rumored tool that a top level clan has that enables them to map rank opposing clans easily. Its like steroids!!!!!

Well this isn't something we necessarily have control over. Individuals can code add ons and as long as it's within the sites API (?) rules there isn't really anything we can do about it (if it does exist). But, instead of making it a gripe I guess perhaps we can look at is as a suggestion:

Make a clan map rank tool to make lives easier on the clan leaders.

Thanks for the suggestion BG ;) it's a good one
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:41 pm

IcePack wrote:

At the risk of going off topic, Can you give examples of your complaints. Not exactly what I was asking for here as I'm not sure how it makes anything "quicker, easier, more convenient, etc" to be a leader on the site like I was asking for.

How would all clans being treated the same way (read: fairly) not make things easier and more convenient (or less depending which side of the line you fall) for clan leaders?

The way Lindax has handled some situations with clan events lately has been extremely poor, as one example. IcePack is perhaps one of the most hot/cold mods I've ever seen. The others are too new, apart from Keefie, but he's always shown respect to others and done his best to assist, even to those with whom he has bitter relationships. I think that last part is key and not something any other CD who's been around a while can attest to.

I have in MudPuppy though, he's a good guy and will do well by the clan world.

@BG - I was unaware of said tool, but I do know loutil has an in-game script he made himself to make analytics easier.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:46 pm

What did LIndax do that you dont like?
And it sounds like everything else is against prior mods, not the current?
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:53 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:

How would all clans being treated the same way (read: fairly) not make things easier and more convenient (or less depending which side of the line you fall) for clan leaders?

The way Lindax has handled some situations with clan events lately has been extremely poor, as one example. IcePack is perhaps one of the most hot/cold mods I've ever seen. The others are too new, apart from Keefie, but he's always shown respect to others and done his best to assist, even to those with whom he has bitter relationships. I think that last part is key and not something any other CD who's been around a while can attest to.

I have in MudPuppy though, he's a good guy and will do well by the clan world.

@BG - I was unaware of said tool, but I do know loutil has an in-game script he made himself to make analytics easier.

You're talking about conflicting personalities and relationships, not really preferential treatment "to bigger clans or friends of CD's".
I'm not sure what issues with Lindax you're talking about, but generally if you have any issues with him you can talk to me (some have followed up and asked questions if they don't understand or like a response they get from another CD)
As for me, I try to be helpful to everyone. I'm not sure what you are referring to as "hot/cold" and not aware of any CD related issues that have come up between you / ATN and myself, or how others have been given preferential treatment. The only history / issues that came up between us was a) before I became head mod b) personal in nature not duty related c) related to a single game d) not carried over into any other issue that I know of.

Feel free to PM me and let me know how I can be more helpful to you, or give specifics on how I haven't been fair or helpful in the past for something.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:16 pm

It's nothing against prior mods. I'll give you some details.

The way Lindax asked, repeatedly, for feedback on his propositions and yet back-handed anyone who said something another player had already mentioned was completely unprofessional, uncalled for and arrogant. I'm well aware that being told things over and over is frustrating, but when one refuses to provide answers and off-handedly acknowledges the comments, that's low. If you want to be treated with respect then you have to treat others in the same manner. This is coming from someone that actually likes Lx, by the way.

Yes, IcePack, our issues are game related. However, on more than one occasion you've let that minor dispute affect the way you treat me or anything I have dealing in. It's petty. There's no need for you to admit this though, because you never have done and I expect never well. You've had me foed for a good while now which makes contact inconvenient. Also, you have the audacity comment in many threads where I already have done, usually with a bait/troll, even though you have to actually display my post to do so. I appreciate everything you've done for clans on a whole, but for me, as a clan leader, you do not make things easy. I would've thought you could've removed the pointless foe by now.

There is a clan hierarchy in terms of preferential treatment and prioritising some needs over others. Furthermore, the current merging of clans and how it's handled is dreadful. S&M is complete bullshit. If ACE had to restart in a certain way any other clan wishing to adopt the same idea should restart the F400 too. Instead two clans were allowed to force a loophole and set precedent for it. Either a rule needs to be brought in to establish clear guidelines or all clans can now assume that if one joins the other the new creation can just use the better, undeserved statistics over the lesser; regardless of leadership changes, complete roster overhauls and name changes.

Apart from the obvious, these are not all personal concerns, but rather ones I have witnessed and share at least to a degree.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Lindax on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:33 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:The way Lindax asked, repeatedly, for feedback on his propositions and yet back-handed anyone who said something another player had already mentioned was completely unprofessional, uncalled for and arrogant. I'm well aware that being told things over and over is frustrating, but when one refuses to provide answers and off-handedly acknowledges the comments, that's low. If you want to be treated with respect then you have to treat others in the same manner. This is coming from someone that actually likes Lx, by the way.

Finding this somewhat of an exaggeration. As far as I remember I only ever said anything to shoop for posting the same opinion over and over again. Besides that, how is this preferential treatment?

I have absolutely no preference for any clan, big or small. Half the time I don't even know which clan somebody is in. Right now I would have to check which clan shoop is in, for example.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Lindax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:The way Lindax asked, repeatedly, for feedback on his propositions and yet back-handed anyone who said something another player had already mentioned was completely unprofessional, uncalled for and arrogant. I'm well aware that being told things over and over is frustrating, but when one refuses to provide answers and off-handedly acknowledges the comments, that's low. If you want to be treated with respect then you have to treat others in the same manner. This is coming from someone that actually likes Lx, by the way.

Finding this somewhat of an exaggeration. As far as I remember I only ever said anything to shoop for posting the same opinion over and over again. Besides that, how is this preferential treatment?

I have absolutely no preference for any clan, big or small. Half the time I don't even know which clan somebody is in. Right now I would have to check which clan shoop is in, for example.

Lx

I wasn't stating that was preferential treatment; perhaps I should have offered more clarity.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Ok Caff,
I'll post back here tonight when I can quote easier / respond more in depth using a real keyboard instead of writing lengthy replies on my phone.
IcePack
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:48 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I have ___________ in MudPuppy though, he's a good guy and will do well by the clan world.

Please complete the quote:
1) "invested much payola"
2) "seen tapeworms"
3) "never-ending faith"
4) "helped insert gerbils"
5) All of the above

Thanks for the kind words, Caffeine. I'll do my best. :mrgreen:
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:52 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:

My only gripe is the rumored tool that a top level clan has that enables them to map rank opposing clans easily. Its like steroids!!!!!

Is this what you're asking for?
viewtopic.php?f=526&t=155309
Major Doc_Brown

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Furthermore, the current merging of clans and how it's handled is dreadful. S&M is complete bullshit. If ACE had to restart in a certain way any other clan wishing to adopt the same idea should restart the F400 too. Instead two clans were allowed to force a loophole and set precedent for it. Either a rule needs to be brought in to establish clear guidelines or all clans can now assume that if one joins the other the new creation can just use the better, undeserved statistics over the lesser; regardless of leadership changes, complete roster overhauls and name changes.

I thought the rule was pretty clear? Clans can rename themselves if they wish. One clan may pick up new members that leave behind an old clan. There is no limit on how many members they can pick up from the old clan - all of them if that is the wish of all parties. If a clan no longer has members, it is disbanded. TOFU picked up a few members from MM without any re-branding, and MM absorbed MYTH and re-branded itself. The result is MYTH is no more and both TOFU and the former MM are still active. KORT absorbed members from TSM and decided to re-brand.

When ACE formed out of AOC and EMP, there was a significant outcry about their scrapping their record and re-starting as a brand new clan. Multiple people cried foul and strongly recommended that either AOC absorb EMP or vice versa so that their opponents in clan wars wouldn't have to face a very strong clan with a low clan rank. They chose not to go that route. Other clan mergers decided not to go through all of that, and now they're getting criticized for doing what a lot of people wished ACE had done!
Major Doc_Brown

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:

Is this what you're asking for?
viewtopic.php?f=526&t=155309

No. The rumored tool will pull the players from a clan and breakdown their best and worst maps (Im guessing to excel) Im too stupid to understand how it all works.

But like, you could use the tool on TNC, if then basically map ranks all the members of the clan, and figures "Theyve played doodle earth 4000 times and lost 3999"

Again, this is all rumor, so i dont know how true this is OR the full extent of the tool.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Keefie on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:21 pm

MudPuppy wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I have ___________ in MudPuppy though, he's a good guy and will do well by the clan world.

Please complete the quote:
1) "invested much payola"
2) "seen tapeworms"
3) "never-ending faith"
4) "helped insert gerbils"
5) All of the above

Thanks for the kind words, Caffeine. I'll do my best. :mrgreen:

Here's a clue, the poor creature is still receiving therapy :cry:

Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Next