Conquer Club

SUCCESS - (often comes with negative side effects)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: SUCCESS - (often comes with negative side effects)

Postby FrenchPupil on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:13 am

ā€œOnce you hear the details of victory, it is hard to distinguish it from a defeat.ā€
ā€• Jean-Paul Sartre
Major FrenchPupil

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:17 am

Lindax wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:TOP vs ATN
51 games

TOP wins, caffeine quits CC
ATN wins, Paul quits CC

Make it 50 games. In case of a tie they both quit CC.... 8-)

Lx

- I'm only interested in what BW & KA have to say about this statement from one of their "legit volunteers". Bollocks.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:24 am

It was obviously a joke... Take it easy Magnus.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Keefie on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:33 am

Donelladan wrote:It was obviously a joke... Take it easy Magnus.

and a very funny one too :lol:

MGM please ask BW and KA (Oh don't leave Blake out of it) what they think. They might give you a sensible answer once they've stopped laughing.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:36 am

- Some are aloud to joke like that, Some aren't. Would it seem right if say KA joked like that? When you have any sort of decision power you can't joke like that.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Keefie on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:40 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Some are aloud to joke like that, Some aren't. Would it seem right if say KA joked like that? When you have any sort of decision power you can't joke like that.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

I can assure you that Lx is on CC's list of approved comedians, so your statement is invalid.

](*,) Where do folks get ideas like this from ](*,)
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:18 am

I thought it was quite funny. All bets are up for discussion but will seemingly be a waste of time, seeing as TOP are all talk and no action.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:21 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Some are aloud to joke like that, Some aren't. Would it seem right if say KA joked like that? When you have any sort of decision power you can't joke like that.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

hey do yourself a favour and use your brain. As you can imagine some here are on this site as their full time job such as BW and KA, and others are just users like you and me helping a community on their free time. If you don't like it go apply to become a mod and impose your own standards; but be ready to do it 365 a year, to receive barely any thanks and a lot of Dbags comment to deal with such as the one you just did when you dare use the joke mode.
Major betiko

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:28 pm

betiko wrote:

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

hey do yourself a favour and use your brain. As you can imagine some here are on this site as their full time job such as BW and KA, and others are just users like you and me helping a community on their free time. If you don't like it go apply to become a mod and impose your own standards; but be ready to do it 365 a year, to receive barely any thanks and a lot of Dbags comment to deal with such as the one you just did when you dare use the joke mode.

- You and the rest of the tea and crumpets gang can speak your minds freely, as can I, And will impose my standards as well without being a mod.

- Caff and his "duality" personality are fine when it comes to flaming wars, We won't be baited further.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Take a few days off and look what happens... ](*,)

A few points for everyone to consider:
1) Most Importantly - try to keep things civil, you dont gotta be drinking buddies or anything but (try) to respect one another.
Nothing written here is really against the rules, but this is just a friendly reminder before things get there.

2) Magnus - the rules for moderators (written by the Admin) do not forbid mods from making jokes. This applies to any / all moderators.
I personally might have thought it wasn't that funny if it was some sort of serious attack on one specific clan, or something along those lines.
But its clearly made in jest, and is poking fun at a well known rivaly using a system (betting for signatures, which used to be common amongst war opponents) taken to a new level.

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Lindax wrote:
51 games

ATN wins, Paul quits CC

Lx

- I'm only interested in what BW & KA have to say about this statement from one of their "legit volunteers". Bollocks.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

-\MGM/-ā™Ž
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:13 am

rockfist wrote:Love them or hate them I don't think we should be encouraging people to quit given our situation. There is room for all kinds of personalities on this game.

Thank You brother! You appear to be a voice of civility and rational thinking when others are more interested in ridicule and ugliness!

Lindax wrote:
51 games

ATN wins, Paul quits CC

Lx

When one accepts a position of authority, one also accepts the responsibility of conducting oneself in a manner befitting the title. Inherent in this role is the obligation to rise above the nasty, mean-spirited remarks disguised as humor. Comments such as this are sadly disappointing!

Keefie wrote:

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

I can assure you that Lx is on CC's list of approved comedians, so your statement is invalid.

](*,) Where do folks get ideas like this from ](*,)

"Approved Comedian".....interesting Keith! I imagine you have assigned yourself to this list also! What is "invalid" is your perception that it is ok to encourage someone to quit CC. I'm sure you would refer to this as "light-hearted banter".... and it doesn't matter that in the process you disparage someone's character with the pretense of just being funny. As a TO Assistant you too have a responsibility to conduct yourself in a manner befitting of a title you would say is deserving of respect. If you want that respect...start acting like it!

iAmCaffeine wrote: seeing as TOP are all talk and no action.

So...let me see...in our 16 game battle the score ends up TOP 13 - ATN 3. Extrapolate that out to however many games in whatever size war you chose....TOP still wins by a landslide. Yes...we are all talk and no action!
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby GoranZ on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 am

PaulatPeace wrote:
Lindax wrote:
51 games

ATN wins, Paul quits CC

Lx

When one accepts a position of authority, one also accepts the responsibility of conducting oneself in a manner befitting the title. Inherent in this role is the obligation to rise above the nasty, mean-spirited remarks disguised as humor. Comments such as this are sadly disappointing!

Crybaby :shock:
How old are you?
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:38 am

PaulatPeace wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote: seeing as TOP are all talk and no action.

So...let me see...in our 16 game battle the score ends up TOP 13 - ATN 3. Extrapolate that out to however many games in whatever size war you chose....TOP still wins by a landslide. Yes...we are all talk and no action!

So, you agree that you're too scared to face us in a proper war and instead would rather hang on to some petty Clan League results we don't care about? You were our last match and as I've stated several times, we stopped caring about CL7 about 3 or 4 rounds before it finished, since our promotion was guaranteed and CC6 was approaching. You wouldn't be able to relate, it's okay. I didn't even know how the score had finished until now.

You complain about how top clans won't give you the chance for a war. You spin yarns about other clans being intimidated by you (which I find particularly funny btw). Yet here we are, ranked 6th, and you won't play a war against us. If you're scared of my mean words or, heaven forbid, me making jokes in the war thread, I won't even post there if it means we have a war. If you continue to cower, then I'll arrange wars with PACK or LoW instead. They'd be more of a challenge anyway. Anyone can get 4000pts by sending invites to random players to their preferred maps/settings by the way.

As for Lindax' joke; that was about both of us and I found it funny. Don't you ever get bored of playing the victim?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:54 am

GoranZ wrote:
PaulatPeace wrote:
Lindax wrote:
51 games

ATN wins, Paul quits CC

Lx

How old are you?

I see you are also adept at name-calling! I am 63 years old GoranZ. Old enough to have taught my children and grandchildren that name-calling is a childish behavior that we outgrow with maturity! How old are you sir?

Postby GoranZ on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 am

PaulatPeace wrote:
GoranZ wrote:
PaulatPeace wrote:
Lindax wrote:
51 games

ATN wins, Paul quits CC

Lx

How old are you?

I see you are also adept at name-calling! I am 63 years old GoranZ. Old enough to have taught my children and grandchildren that name-calling is a childish behavior that we outgrow with maturity! How old are you sir?

Crybaby is your name? Sorry I didn't knew :lol:

I'm around half of your age... but you portrait your self like half of mine a.k.a teenager :D
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ

Postby Keefie on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:13 am

Paul, you really need to lighten up and get a sense of humour :roll:
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rockfist on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:36 am

CL Results matter. Period.

TOFU plays to win. Period. (and yup we don't always win, so if you want to make that retort, we admit it).

Everyone should always play to win. Period.

A League competition is not the same as a war. Period.

You can't extrapolate a CL result to a full war. You can make some assumptions based on it, but it does not equate to a full war. In a league competition if you know someone is one of your strongest competitors you can send 8 of your very best maps, where you perceive your opponent to be weak. There is no way that TOFU's 30 best maps are as strong as our 8 best maps against anyone and TOP's or ATN's, or anyone else's aren't either. We played RET in CL and won our home maps 7-1, we have no expectation of winning our home games at that ratio in CC.
Major rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:32 pm

Perhaps, Paul, you don't directly insult people. No, instead you operate in much more underhand manners. If you feel like your games won't get the desired result, you try and influence decisions and punishments behind the scenes from those with authority instead. You also seem to think nobody can see through your smoke and mirrors technique when posting too, whilst that's actually far from the case.

How long does it take to type with a thesaurus in one hand? I recommend holding a dictionary in the other and having one of your grandchildren typing for you.

You tried to get us penalised secretly in the Clan League and yet we're the ones intimidated? Give me a fucking break. Stop with all this forum bullshit and play. Earn the respect you so frequently demand and then, maybe, your spoilt child act will pass by.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby PaulatPeace on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Brother, I am done with your ugliness, profanity, mean-spirited nature and downright lies.

I will consider responding to others here in the future...not you!

I truly feel sorry for you sir!

Goodbye!

Paul

btw: I have Foed Mr. Coffee....so please no one be offended if I am no longer able to read his filth and respond.
Last edited by PaulatPeace on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby PaulatPeace on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:36 am

Thank you again for rational comments rockfist. Please see my comments below:

rockfist wrote:CL Results matter. Period. Agreed!

TOFU plays to win. Period. (and yup we don't always win, so if you want to make that retort, we admit it). Agreed!

Everyone should always play to win. Period. Agreed!

A League competition is not the same as a war. Period. Agreed!

You can't extrapolate a CL result to a full war. You can make some assumptions based on it, but it does not equate to a full war. In a league competition if you know someone is one of your strongest competitors you can send 8 of your very best maps, where you perceive your opponent to be weak. There is no way that TOFU's 30 best maps are as strong as our 8 best maps against anyone and TOP's or ATN's, or anyone else's aren't either. We played RET in CL and won our home maps 7-1, we have no expectation of winning our home games at that ratio in CC. Agreed...but I will offer this idea for you to consider:
Let's say TOFU is playing against ATN in a war. Yes, TOFU will have it's 8 best maps and ATN will have their 8 best maps. But...then TOFU will have it's 8 second best maps and ATN will have their 8 second best maps...and so on...! The bottom line is that the same players will be playing in all these games and each clan will always try to send their very best players and maps out into war. And every clan will try to take advantage of a perceived weakness in the other clan. If TOFU were to beat ATN in a 16 game CL match-up (a combination of both home and away games) by a score of 13-3...then I would wager they would also soundly beat them in a 41 game war. Why? Because if you have the ability to dominate in 16 games...you probably have the ability to dominate in 41 games! If it were only 1 game, or 2 games or 3 games...ok that would not be enough to make an adequate evaluation on...but 16 games...that is enough...especially if you know a clan has the depth of quality experienced players on a large # of competitive maps. Just my opinion, but I believe it is logically sound.

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:17 am

PaulatPeace wrote:
Let's say TOFU is playing against ATN in a war. Yes, TOFU will have it's 8 best maps and ATN will have their 8 best maps. But...then TOFU will have it's 8 second best maps and ATN will have their 8 second best maps...and so on...! The bottom line is that the same players will be playing in all these games and each clan will always try to send their very best players and maps out into war. And every clan will try to take advantage of a perceived weakness in the other clan. If TOFU were to beat ATN in a 16 game CL match-up (a combination of both home and away games) by a score of 13-3...then I would wager they would also soundly beat them in a 41 game war. Why? Because if you have the ability to dominate in 16 games...you probably have the ability to dominate in 41 games! If it were only 1 game, or 2 games or 3 games...ok that would not be enough to make an adequate evaluation on...but 16 games...that is enough...especially if you know a clan has the depth of quality experienced players on a large # of competitive maps. Just my opinion, but I believe it is logically sound.

I don't believe it's the case.
Maybe rockfist took the wrong example speaking of the 8 best maps. Or you didn't get the example.
In the CL7 you have to play more than the standard 41 games of a clan war, therefore you do not put your 41 best maps against each opponents.
And at some point you may have to play maps that involve a bit more luck, or that are easier to play, maps on which you don't really have a home advantage. Maps that you would not play in a clan war.

Regardless of the quality of the maps, let me take a real example.

LHDD won the premier league. But we lost against on our home map against GON.
Well, let me say, I don't think that if we play GON in a normal clan war, we'll lose on our home maps. Let's say maybe we would, but you definitely can't assume it just based on our clan league results.

Similarly, we won 7-1 on ACE homes games. I highly doubt we'll reach anything close to that results on ACE home maps if we were playing ACE in a normal war.

Which is why rockfist said you can't really assume a clan war score based on CL results . Clan league match have too few games to be really representative. You can easily lost 4 games over the 8 you sent just because of bad luck and then that's it.
And yes your results in the 2nd division are truly impressive, we have to give you that, and no one would take it lightly to have to face you in a normal war ( I know we wouldn't ), but in the clans scene, we don't consider a victory in a clan league match is worth anything close to a victory in a normal war.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:48 am

PaulatPeace wrote:Brother, I am done with your ugliness, profanity, mean-spirited nature and downright lies

What have a lied about? Please tell me where I have lied once. You cannot deny anything I've said. I know for a fact that you tried to get Aeternus penalised in the weeks coming up to our match, and you did so via private PMs to the CDs. Are you really trying to deny that? I didn't think it was possible, but perhaps you are hitting a new low.

In regards to a full war, you don't have the depth. Good luck finding someone to waste their time in a war with you. It's a shame. I like many of your clan members, they just have totally arrogant, deceitful, lying leaders. I wonder if your members know of the underhand strategies you employ outside of the games?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:37 am

I agree with both of your points. They weren't exactly what I was getting at, but they are valid.

A 41 game war is far easier to plan for than a 61 game war, IMO. 41 games where you can use a map 2x really only means 10 home maps (granted we and most clans use more than 10, but its not 20). CL is say 10 rounds of 8 games each and three uses of a map so 27 ish maps minimum, it really works out to somewhere around 40-50 maps for us, since sometimes we send a map early in the competition and figure out that it just isn't optimal for whatever reason. Taken in its entirety CL is harder to plan for than most wars.

What I was saying is you won 13-3, I would not be surprised if over 61 games you won 36-25 or so...I would not take the percentage and apply it to the whole. As I said, we beat RET in home games 7-1 in CL and 7-1 in away games....we absolutely will not win 42-7 in a 49 game war (which is the percentage). I do believe we will win (I have to), but only an idiot would think we can win 42-7.

36-25 is a fairly substantial beating in a 61 game war. I'm more impressed by that than a 13-3 round in CL...now I am impressed by TOP's entire body of work in CL. You will be a contender in CL8 and we'll be ready to play when the time comes.
Major rockfist

Postby PaulatPeace on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:13 pm

I can see and appreciate each of your viewpoints.

For me it is especially nice that we can all respect each other's opinions and not become rude.

I think it has been an interesting and informative discussion. I looked at our first war ever which was with HH. We didn't have as many quality players then as when we faced them in the CL7. In the 2 sets of our 41 game war we won 23-18 which is a 56% winning percentage. In the 2 sets of our 16 game battle in the CL7 we won 11-5 which is a 68.75% winning percentage. If we faced them today in a 41 game war, I would expect the winning percentage to be somewhere in between the 2 (maybe around 62%) as we have added a few more very good multi-map players to our roster. You guys are more experienced than I in this analysis process. I will defer to your expertise. Thank you for the opportunity to discuss it!

Paul

Postby riskllama on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:09 pm

only one way to know for certain, Paul... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives