Conquer Club

-- Platoon Report: July 2016 -- A Quarter for Your Thoughts?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

-- Platoon Report: July 2016 -- A Quarter for Your Thoughts?

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Each Report contains a variety of insightful and informative pieces designed to keep you well informed of the goings on within the Clan World. We strive to provide easy access to up to date information, stats, rankings, interviews and much more!

This area will be where we highlight any changes within the Clan World, announce new features, or make other assorted announcements and opportunities.

In This Edition
This month we announce our shift to Quarterly Reports, we update you on the latest Clan Tournaments and Tribes, we let you know of some upcoming changes headed to Clans, highlight the use of Appeals, provide vital clan stats, give you the FULL F400 2 Yr, 1 Yr, F41, F12 and Leap Ladder Ranking Updates, IcePack Interrogates himself, announce LHDD as our next Clan Interrogation & ask you for questions, announce the newest CD Position Recruiting, and update all the Clan Contests!

Platoon Report Moving to Quarterly
I hope you all have been enjoying the Platoon Reports to date! I had planned to review the success of the Platoon Report at the six month mark, and thus June's Edition triggered a review of the Newsletter Updates.
While I personally feel these have been successful in many ways, I think a quarterly Newsletter will serve the Community better. I'd like to thank Lindax for his monthly Clan Tournament Updates, as well as all the other CD's for participating with the Interrogations.
Moving the Platoon Report to Quarterly will also provide me additional time to spend on pushing for bigger, better updates within the Clan World. These take a lot of work, and some of this time might be better spent in pursuit of other improvements.

2 Year F400 Updates will continue monthly in the F400 thread. Every Quarterly Update of the Platoon Report will continue to provide a look at the full rankings for your enjoyment. 2 Year F400, 1 Year F400, F41, F12, and the Leap Ladder!

Quick Link for June Articles
War Games CC6, CL7, RL6, Mini Cup, Poly Updates!
Mess Hall Vital Clan Stats, F400 Rankings, Questioning Policies, and more!
Interrogation Room IcePacks Interview
Friendly Fire Clan Contests - Clan Contest Updates, Clan War Predictions, Previous Platoon Report Links
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

War Games

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Welcome to the Clan Tournaments Area, where you will find updates on all the Sanctioned Tournaments within Conquer Club's Clan and Tribe Areas! Lindax is our Clan Tournament Director who brings you this update from July 2nd.

[CC6] CONQUEROR'S CUP VI
CC6: Quick Link

This year’s Conqueror’s Cup includes some changes to the format, mainly to try and keep the duration of the event within one year. All round 3 wars are in full swing.

Round 3: Best of 49
FALL 24 VS LOW 15 All games ongoing or finished
TOFU 11 VS RET 5 All games ongoing or finished
S&M 2 VS ACE 2 Set 2 games created, not all filled. Set 3 not created yet.
LHDD 7 VS FOED 15 All games ongoing or finished

Round 2: Best of 43
FALL 24 VS ATL 19
OLE 12 VS LOW 31
ACE 24 VS RA 19
S&M 30 VS TNC 13
LHDD 23 VS OSA 20
FOED 24 VS PACK 19
ATN 18 VS RET 25
TOFU 30 VS AFOS 13

show: CC6 bracket

CCup6 Prediction Contest 2,400 Credit Prize!
At the start of CC6 we had 35 participants try to predict what would happen during the course of the event.
After 16 wars completed, we have a five way tie, and no perfect brackets.

Congrats to everyone so far! Of the top 5, FOED, TOFU, and LHDD have been selected as potential winners!

http://challonge.com/CC6/predictions

[CL7] CLAN LEAGUE VII
CL7: Quick Link

CL7 is now completed. This edition of the Clan League had some changes to the format. The most important one is the implementation of promotion/relegation between the two divisions. We had a Premier Division with 12 clans and a Second Division with 14 clans.

The Premier Division saw the battle for first place come down to one single game! This was an extremely close finish, but LHDD managed to nudge FALL of the top spot by winning that last game (against TOFU).

We ended up with 2 MVPs: Donche64 and Samdemars, both from LHDD.

The Premier Division final ranking:

RET, OLE, GON and MMM (now EGAD) are relegated to the Second Division for CL8.

show: CL7 Premier Division Final Results and Standings

The Second Division saw a new clan dominating the competition. With an impressive 23 wins out of 26 matches, TOP took first place with a big margin. In the end it was between ATL and AFOS for the last promotion spot, ATL won that battle on game difference.

MVP: Dkmaster, 2nd MVP: FreeFalling123. Both from TOP.

The Second Division final ranking:

TOP, PACK, ATN and ATL are to the Premier Division for CL8.

Below you’ll see the final results and standings.

show: CL7 Second Division Final Results and Standings

[CL8] CLAN LEAGUE VIII

Sign-up for CL8 will open in August, to start the tournament in October.

Right now there is a discussion thread up in the CDF forum, where we are discussing some minor adjustments. They are mainly about the amount of clans getting promoted/relegated and the way we deal with infractions. So far, we have only heard from a handful of clans. If you want your clan's voice to be heard, please tell your CDF representative to come and join the discussion. The discussion thread will only be open another couple of weeks.

[RL6] RANDOM LEAGUE VI
RL VI: Quick Link

Random League started in September 2015 and is organized by uckuki. The Tournament includes 17 Clans competing in 12 game mini-matches of random maps. Clans select home teams and settings.

The tournament is decided, with only one game still ongoing. Looks like FOED won it, but there is no official announcement by the TO yet, so I won't officially announce it either. :-)

RL VI STANDINGS
RL VI SCORES

show: rl6 bracket

[POLY] 1st Poly Clan Challenge
POLY: Quick Link

The Poly Clan Challenge started in April 2016 and is run by uckuki. It's an elimination bracket tournament, with 12 clans participating. Every round consists of 41 sets of 3 Poly games.

Because of 4 byes there are only 4 wars ongoing in round 1 (results so far taken from war threads):

TOFU 20 vs FISO 18
HH 13 vs FALL 28 > Fall wins!
S&M 27 vs OSA 14 > S&M wins!
FOED 12 vs ACE 6

show: poly bracket

[MC1] Mini Cup I
MC1: Quick Link

The Mini Cup I is the first tournament of a continuous series of elimination bracket tournaments, organized by benga. The 8 participating clans play full 41 game clan wars each round. The sign-up thread for MC II you'll find here: Mini Cup II [5/8] Sign-up thread. Only 3 more clans needed for it to fill.

MC I started in April 2016. Here are the ongoing wars for round 1:

FOED 17 vs TOP 19
RET 26 vs SC 10 RET wins!
HH 19 vs AFOS 21 AFOS wins!
OSA 29 vs FAD 8 OSA wins!

OSA meets AFOS in round 2.

show: bracket

----

TRIBAL SUMMARY:
Tribes: Stand Together. Fight Alone.
Information Provided by Lindax

Auto tournaments for Primitive Tribes now appear under the tournament tab. There are two tournaments open for sign-up right now:

Primitive Tribes go Random Poly

Classic Tribal War

Auto tournaments for Advanced Tribes and Clans were won by TNC, FALL, TOFU and LHDD.

The latest tournament Home Map Poly has been cancelled/put on hold for now. Only 4 of the 8 places were filled.

Right now I'm looking into doing a 1v1 Tribe Challenge, keep an eye on the forum.

[TGR] INAUGURATION TOURNAMENT: TRIBES GO RANDOM!
[TGR] Quick Link

This tournament consists of a combination of 1v1 and Poly auto tournaments and team games. Round 3, the second round of the elimination phase is now ongoing. It's a bit early for results though.

show: bracket for elimination phase

show: TGR Participants
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Mess Hall

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Welcome to the Mess Hall! Here you will find a wide variety of articles that don't fit within the other areas of the Platoon Report, including the regular F400 Updates! Look here for user submitted articles as well!

show: Updated 2016 Clan Schedule

Schedule Quick Link

ICYMI
- MMM & RGX have merged, and have been renamed "EGAD"
- SOH & UM8 have merged, and have kept the name "SOH"
- VVV is looking / interested in a merger, for more details contact mcshanester29
- LHDD Won CL7 PD
- TOP Won CL7 SD
- FOED Won RL6

A Question of Policy
The Clan Directors are busy discussing several policies that might be potentially changed in the future. These cover a lot of different areas, making small but noticable changes so that the Clan World functions a little better / easier. If you have some ideas on how to streamline some of the rules/policies, let me know! Now is the time to bring it to my attention. Look for several announcements in the next edition.

Chain of Command / Clan Appeals
During the course of events, discussions, and wars there are always things that can come up. Please keep in mind, the team of volunteers here tries to do their best to be fair, impartial, and aims to help make the Clan area the best area onsite. However, during the course of activities there can come decisions, communications and actions that perhaps the CD Team and leaders / players disagree with.

I'd like to take this time to remind everyone, and encourage you to appeal those issues directly to me as soon as they arise. Instead of getting defensive, or reactionary, and in the heat of the moment reacting in ways that could potentially get yourself in trouble - send me a note either letting me know the issue or appealing whatever decision has been made.

My interest is to ensure that the Clan Area runs smoothly, and the events, contests, wars, and disputes are resolved consistently and within the rules. I'm happy to serve as a mediator if two clans disagree, or to listen to whatever is on your mind. If you have ideas on how things can be improved, either communicate those to me or get them to your CDF Representative who can bring it up and discuss amongst the clan leaders. This is the best way to effect change within the Clan World.

Vital Clan Stats - this provides some basic stats for the clan area
Ranked Clans: 30
Active Clans: 33
Players in Active Clans: 879
Active Tribes: 5
Players in Active Tribes: 266
Active Wars: 18
Games in Active Wars: 718
Active Games in Active Wars: 163
Players in Active Wars: 673
Players in Active Wars that have Finished Games: 435
Players in Active Wars in Active Games: 346
Events Currently Ongoing: CC6, RL6, MC1, POLY1

CLAN AREA RANKINGS:
[Warning this is a large spoiler]
show: Clan Area Rankings

Clan Tournament Historical Records
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Interrogation Room

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Each issue the Clan Department plans to highlight a clan (based on current events, clan wars, or public demand) and a player by interviewing clan leaders and players! We will announce who is to be interviewed here, and you can post all your questions in this thread to be answered in the next issue! We will provide some information on the highlighted clans such as recent or historical achievements, as well as linking readers to their Clan Page so past history, recruitment, and member details will be easily accessible. You'll get the opportunity to ask the Clan's members or leadership any questions, and get to know the group as a whole on a deeper level while the Clans that are highlighted will enjoy some additional exposure and get a chance to introduce themselves to the Clan World in a new, unique way that is difficult to replicate in a recruitment thread.

Clan Highlight
Next edition we congratulation and will be hearing from the winners of the Clan League #7 - Les Hussards du Dragon! [LHDD] =D> If you have any questions for the Dragons, fire away below! The first few people to post questions to the clan will receive a small bonus as a thank you gift!

Player(s) Highlight
This month the Clan Department is pleased to bring you an interview of the Head man himself - IcePack! This is the last of a six part interview series where we introduced ourselves to the Clan World.

If there's someone else you think would be a fun and interesting interviewee for the Clan World, please post below and let us know! We'd love to hear from you! The first few suggestions for future interviews will receive a small bonus as a thank you gift! (bonus gifts for questions to the person you've suggested!)
(Please note, not all questions will get answered depending on personal comfort with sharing personal information, etc) Thanks and have fun!

[Warning this is a large spoiler]
show: IcePacks Interview
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Friendly Fire

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Contest Event Organizer: Potential CD Position!
Do you like the types of contests you find here?
Do you have fun and exciting ideas for potential future clan contests that we can run in the Dispatch?
We are looking for someone who is interested in possibly joining the Clan Department and providing some help in this area!

To apply, give a short summary about yourself, why you should be selected, and provide an example or two of some potential
clan contests / ideas you would consider running! Please PM me with this info to be considered!

Current and Future Contests
Right now, we have the following contests ongoing!
1 - the Clan War Prediction Contest: Run by shoop76, this exciting prediction event is the largest we've ever run! Prizes given for each quarter, as well as several generous bonus' given by shoop himself! Earn the title of "Prediction Guru" as well as many credits, conquer stars, and medals!

show: CL7 and Quarter 1 to 3 Prizes Issued

2 - The CC6 Prediction Bracket: run on Challonge.com, this event has players predicting the outcomes of the CC6 event and awarding points for each correct guess. In the end, one lucky participant will win the Grand Prize! http://challonge.com/CC6/predictions
3 - The Mystery Contest - We've mentioned & promoted this event a few times! Curious? Its a mystery! Keep an eye out, its going to be....MYSTERIOUS! If you enjoy puzzles, this will be the game for you!

show: Previous Platoon Report Edition Links
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: -- Platoon Report: July 2016 -- A Quarter for Your Thoug

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Platoon Report Research:
If you have a moment to provide me with some thoughts & feedback on the Platoon Report (just a quick poll, takes <1 min) please go here:

viewtopic.php?f=438&t=219075

It'll help me bring you more of what you are interested in reading, and tailor it to our community.
Thanks!
IcePack
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Momo33 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Thanks again Ice for all this!

And nice thing that we will be the clan answering your questions! Can't wait to see them!
Click image to enlarge.
Major Momo33

Postby PaulatPeace on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:11 am

A Question of Policy
The Clan Directors are busy discussing several policies that might be potentially changed in the future. These cover a lot of different areas, making small but noticable changes so that the Clan World functions a little better / easier. If you have some ideas on how to streamline some of the rules/policies, let me know! Now is the time to bring it to my attention. Look for several announcements in the next edition.

Chain of Command / Clan Appeals
During the course of events, discussions, and wars there are always things that can come up. Please keep in mind, the team of volunteers here tries to do their best to be fair, impartial, and aims to help make the Clan area the best area onsite. However, during the course of activities there can come decisions, communications and actions that perhaps the CD Team and leaders / players disagree with.

I'd like to take this time to remind everyone, and encourage you to appeal those issues directly to me as soon as they arise. Instead of getting defensive, or reactionary, and in the heat of the moment reacting in ways that could potentially get yourself in trouble - send me a note either letting me know the issue or appealing whatever decision has been made.

My interest is to ensure that the Clan Area runs smoothly, and the events, contests, wars, and disputes are resolved consistently and within the rules. I'm happy to serve as a mediator if two clans disagree, or to listen to whatever is on your mind. If you have ideas on how things can be improved, either communicate those to me or get them to your CDF Representative who can bring it up and discuss amongst the clan leaders. This is the best way to effect change within the Clan World.

There are instances where the Appeals Process would benefit considerably from a panel of unbiased representatives who were elected (rather than appointed). One of these instances is when the very parties being questioned regarding the decisions they have made, are the same parties evaluating and making decisions about their own actions. If, for example the TO and the TO's assistants are the ones advising the Head Clan Director regarding decisions they collectively or individually have made...there can be no unbiased evaluation and judgement made regarding their own decisions and/or actions. Additionally, the burden of having to make what may be an extremely important decision on an Appeal lie ultimately in the hands of one single individuall (Head Clan Director) is an ineffective and inherently defective policy. This may be why any major Court of Appeals is comprised of a group of individuals...not one person!

Respectfully Submitted for Consideration,

PaulAtPeace
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Return to Clan Archives