Conquer Club

Some friendly advice.

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Some friendly advice.

Postby Arama86n on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Here is some friendly advice from someone who has been around a while and learned from some of the best, who have learned the hard way.

If there is any uncertainty as to who has access to your password. Change it, and send it to those that should have access again.
If their is any uncertainty as to if someone who shouldn't have has access to any PW in your clan, change them all.
If you have to remove a clan member, change the god damn passwords.
If someone leaves under agreeable circumstances// if there is bad blood: change the god damn passwords
If your password is years old... change it.
In general, as few people as possible should have access to passwords. Leadership, and trusted friends is a good guideline.

More specifically: Can TOP leadership please reach out to every member, past and present: and change your god damn passwords.
But this is not just a poke at TOP, they are not the first, nor likely to be the last.
Get some routines in place people.

Did you just read this post? Good. Go change your god damn password. And it better not be they date of your wedding anniversary, or your pets name. If you get my drift. This is 2017 people.
Major Arama86n

Re: Some friendly advice.

Postby shocked439 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:02 pm

=D> =D> =D>
Sergeant shocked439

Postby IcePack on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Some pretty solid advice :)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Amen!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Just changed my password. thanks for the reminder :)

For those who need it, it's qwerty123
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

and for those who think that is really my password and tried it :lol:
show
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:21 am

I have some suggestions for strong passwords if anyone would like help.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby jdw35 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:16 am

Did Paul post another message on someone's account? How many is that now lol
Major jdw35

Postby Lord Arioch on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:19 am

to many!
Major Lord Arioch

Postby Keefie on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:12 am

Great advice here :)
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:42 pm

jdw35 wrote:Did Paul post another message on someone's account? How many is that now lol

Only about a dozen or so people so far (and adding to the total every day or two).

He's moved on from posting in the forums to mass PMing the clan community telling them admins and clan mods are corrupt and spying on everyone PM's and private forums and changing everyone's dice to rig the events etc
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:59 pm

I believe him.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:01 pm

I'm sure some people do
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:41 am

Wait, you're seriously guesting people like khazalid because Paul posted from their account? Aeternus have had account issues in the past and no bans were issued. I'll go into detail if I have to, I just think it's crazy that you're banning active players, some of whom have been here almost a decade, because some malicious cunt posted from their account. Like, really?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:46 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Wait, you're seriously guesting people like khazalid because Paul posted from their account? Aeternus have had account issues in the past and no bans were issued. I'll go into detail if I have to, I just think it's crazy that you're banning active players, some of whom have been here almost a decade, because some malicious cunt posted from their account. Like, really?

They are guested to stop unauthorised access to their accounts. As soon as they reclaim secure access to their accounts and send an e-ticket to confirm passwords have been changed things will be back to normal.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby betiko on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:47 am

Oh yeah, that reminds me of the afos thing with ponygal and that australian dude, forgot his name. That was some pretty solid entertainment too.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:53 am

betiko wrote:Oh yeah, that reminds me of the afos thing with ponygal and that australian dude, forgot his name. That was some pretty solid entertainment too.

Wasn't it FreeFalling123? They were a couple. Not sure what you're on about with the Australian dude.

Keefie wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Wait, you're seriously guesting people like khazalid because Paul posted from their account? Aeternus have had account issues in the past and no bans were issued. I'll go into detail if I have to, I just think it's crazy that you're banning active players, some of whom have been here almost a decade, because some malicious cunt posted from their account. Like, really?

They are guested to stop unauthorised access to their accounts. As soon as they reclaim secure access to their accounts and send an e-ticket to confirm passwords have been changed things will be back to normal.

From what I can tell they don't seem to be aware of that, but alright.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:02 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
betiko wrote:Oh yeah, that reminds me of the afos thing with ponygal and that australian dude, forgot his name. That was some pretty solid entertainment too.

Wasn't it FreeFalling123? They were a couple. Not sure what you're on about with the Australian dude.

Keefie wrote:

From what I can tell they don't seem to be aware of that, but alright.

It was Emmdizzle and ponygal. Not FF123
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:08 am

Kind of makes you wonder how 1 player got so many passwords
Major xroads

Postby Keefie on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:33 am

xroads wrote:Kind of makes you wonder how 1 player got so many passwords

My lingering impression of Paul is that he manipulates people into believing he's their best friend. Once that is achieved, getting their passwords is probably very easy.

Just to add to my earlier comment. Advice to anyone caught up in this - CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD - Admin will most definitely not take kindly to anyone who's account is breached for a second time.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Doc_Brown on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:00 am

It's interesting that Paul isn't doing this using the accounts of prominent members of his clan (members whose passwords he surely had/had). It's as if he's willing to screw over other people and get their accounts frozen, but just not his TOP pals.
Major Doc_Brown

Postby downfall on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:08 am

IcePack wrote:
jdw35 wrote:Did Paul post another message on someone's account? How many is that now lol

Only about a dozen or so people so far (and adding to the total every day or two).

He's moved on from posting in the forums to mass PMing the clan community telling them admins and clan mods are corrupt and spying on everyone PM's and private forums and changing everyone's dice to rig the events etc

this must be because the mods are bored and looking for something fun too do. :lol: time for some people to GTFU.
Colonel downfall

Postby downfall on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:10 am

Doc_Brown wrote:It's interesting that Paul isn't doing this using the accounts of prominent members of his clan (members whose passwords he surely had/had). It's as if he's willing to screw over other people and get their accounts frozen, but just not his TOP pals.

no we changed are passwords.
Colonel downfall

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:39 am

Doc_Brown wrote:It's interesting that Paul isn't doing this using the accounts of prominent members of his clan (members whose passwords he surely had/had). It's as if he's willing to screw over other people and get their accounts frozen, but just not his TOP pals.

What are you talking about? There are lots of TOP players who had their accounts accessed: pmeiner, khazalid, GO, jdw45, general pat, h2over and probably more.

IcePack wrote:It was Emmdizzle and ponygal. Not FF123

My memory is atrocious.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:

What are you talking about? There are lots of TOP players who had their accounts accessed: pmeiner, khazalid, GO, jdw45, general pat, h2over and probably more.

IcePack wrote:It was Emmdizzle and ponygal. Not FF123

My memory is atrocious.

Yes, obviously not freefalling, i m not even sure he was there at the time. Freefalling is in his early 20s i think, emm and ponygal were in their 30s met and married through cc while one was from california the other from australia. After some shit talk between afos members, ponygal started loging on exclanmates accounts and scewing their games and posting in forums
Major betiko

Next

Return to Clan Archives