Conquer Club

Generation One: The Clan [Recruitment Period Over]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Generation One: The Clan [Recruitment Period Over]

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:52 pm

Attention ConquerClubbers!

So all of you have been playing Conquer Club for awhile now. You've won a bunch of games, gained a few ranks, and think you have quite the hot hand with the dice. Only now you feel you are missing something, now you want to get together with some good natured folks, who love playing the game.

Look no further!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Optimus Prime is pleased to present: Generation One: The Clan

Obviously this clan will feature some in-clan tournaments with Optimus at the helm, as well as good fun in challenging some other clans to test their muster against us.

This clan will feature a Transformers theme (surprise!), so if you have ever imagined yourself as a giant robot/vehicle, this could be the clan for you.

Requirements to join:

i) Be interested in being active within the clan, including on the clan forum.
ii) 40 completed games on Conquer Club.
iii) Good Sportsmanship: fair play, clean language, a never-give-up attitude.
iv) Clan Loyalty: you may not be a member of another clan.

So far our ranks include:

Transformers Council

Optimus Prime (Optimus Prime)
Night Strike (Blackout)
Gozar (Ironhide)

Robots in Disguise
BaldAdonis (Blitzwing)
Aerial Attack (StarScream)
rallison (Bumblebee)
Godd (Megatron)
keiths31 (Shockwave)
Luxurious (Jazz)
Timminz (Grimlock)
Coleman (Pointblank)
LadyPhoenix (Sunstreaker)
AfroDwarf (Brawl)
Serbia (Primus)
cshelle
Strider24 (Ratchet)
thekidstrumpet (Barricade)
spidey (Tarantulas)

On-leave
kalishnikov (Soundwave)

Generation One: The Clan will feature many great things including, but not limited to: In-Clan Tournaments, Clan Ranking System, Challenges to Other Clans, Mentoring Program, Active Forums, Duties for Clan Members, etc.

Applications will be accepted via posts in the thread, or PMs to Gozar or Optimus Prime. :)

How to Apply for Clan Membership:

If you have not received a specific invitation to join the clan as an original member, please use the following instructions to express your interest:

i) Fill out the form below and send it to either Gozar or Optimus Prime.
ii) Be approved by the Applicant Review and Acceptance Committee.
iii) Play three games with Generation One members
iv) Pass final approval from the Applicant Review and Acceptance Committee

Thanks for your time!

--------------------Begin Form Here-------------------------
Please answer all questions as best as possible. Use as much space as you feel needed.
1)My top three maps are:
2)My favorite cards and fortifications are:
3)A detailed explanation of reason for applying. Include any ties you have with current members.
4)Applicable Skills(Map making, Tourney organizing, mentoring, signature design, etc):
5)Are you now or have you ever been a member of a clan? What was(is) your reason for leaving?
6)Anything else you can think of. :wink:
----------------------End Form--------------------------------
Last edited by Optimus Prime on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby soundout9 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:00 pm

o well that sucks. im already in two clans srry optimus. but maybe we can get a clan tourny agaist each other. when my clan gets built up though
Private soundout9

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:02 pm

Hahaha... Optimus...

Transformers don't eat, eh?

hahaha... Witty... I liked it.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby rebelman on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:05 pm

Good luck with this optimus unlike many of the other new clans springing up around here this one sounds class.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:07 pm

soundout9 wrote:o well that sucks. im already in two clans srry optimus. but maybe we can get a clan tourny agaist each other. when my clan gets built up though

You could always leave them and join us..... 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:08 pm

rebelman wrote:Good luck with this optimus unlike many of the other new clans springing up around here this one sounds class.

Many thanks, rebelman. Too bad you can't join us as you are a loyal KoE member, but I'm sure we'll cross paths in some great inter-clan battles soon. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:11 pm

I'd like to apply.

Here are my qualifications:

1) My top three maps are: Age of Merchants, King of the Mountains, ? [I play them all - I've won on all of them. I try to only play Classic when necessary, I'll get enough games on it anyways]. There are a few Space oriented maps in production, that I think I'll like better than the current Space map.

2) My favorite cards and fortifications are: Flat Rate and Chained. I like Escalating and Unlimited too. I play No Cards for the same reason I play on all maps, trying to maintain a well rounded strategy. NOTE: No Cards and Adjacent on World 2.1 or Pearl Harbor is just crazy !!!

3) Requested Transformer Name: Star Scream - he was the Aerial Attack after all

4) A detailed explanation of reason for applying. Include any ties you have with current members.

I've never tied down any members. Not sure if I've ever been tied down by one.

5) Applicable Skills(Map making, Tourney organizing, mentoring, signature design, etc):

Map Making - no (but I like to comment)
Tourney Organizing
a) 0 Tournament Ideas
b) 0 Tournaments Run [although I did take over 1]
c) 1 Tournament Won [although it was the one I took over]
Mentoring - sure, I can tell people how to lose quickly. And from that, if they do the opposite - they should WIN?

6)Anything else you can think of. Wink

a) Never been a cook - came close (all time low of 813)
b) 275+ Games lost
c) 4 Early Round Exits (in Optimus Prime tournaments)

EDIT: I need to RTFM (Read the Fun Manual/Form)
Last edited by Aerial Attack on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Same here Optimus, I concur with Rebelman. I really like, and am friends with almost all of your "panel" and original members. Likewise I know many member of LoD have been trying to get you to join us. I really hope our clans have a good friendship in the future and I look forward to seeing what comes out of this clan. Wish you the best bro.

... I wanna be a transformer... lol...
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby rebelman on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:18 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
rebelman wrote:Good luck with this optimus unlike many of the other new clans springing up around here this one sounds class.

Many thanks, rebelman. Too bad you can't join us as you are a loyal KoE member, but I'm sure we'll cross paths in some great inter-clan battles soon. ;)

Yep I am a true believer in the one clan rule and I am happy where i am otherwise this would be top of my list of clans i would like to join.

i'm certain our paths will cross several times both in clan battles and elsewhere on cc many times in the future.

I am very impressed with your recruitment process and policies with one small reservation as someone who was a cook just 4 weeks ago, I believe if someone met all your other criteria being a cook, should not automatically disqualify, anyway its your clan and your rules I just wanted to offer that imput.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:21 pm

thekidstrumpet wrote:Same here Optimus, I concur with Rebelman. I really like, and am friends with almost all of your "panel" and original members. Likewise I know many member of LoD have been trying to get you to join us. I really hope our clans have a good friendship in the future and I look forward to seeing what comes out of this clan. Wish you the best bro.

... I wanna be a transformer... lol...

They certainly were trying to recruit me, that's for sure. I'd say I've gotten at least 25+ PMs from folks asking, but I just really wanted to get another clan rolling that has the same long-standing reputation as those such as LoD and KoE. This site needs some good, well put together clans.

Perhaps in the future, perhaps.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby spinwizard on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:24 pm

Sadly I have my hands tied when it comes to joining a clan :(
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby soundout9 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
soundout9 wrote:o well that sucks. im already in two clans srry optimus. but maybe we can get a clan tourny agaist each other. when my clan gets built up though

that wouldnt be showing loyalty. um rule 5 on your list of requirments... :wink:
Private soundout9

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:32 pm

soundout9 wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

that wouldnt be showing loyalty. um rule 5 on your list of requirments... :wink:

So very true, so very true. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby jnd94 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:40 pm

Right now Im in lots of soon to be clans. What makes your so special that I should quit them to join yours?
Captain jnd94

Postby jnd94 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:41 pm

What will you do for the common ccer?
Captain jnd94

Postby BaldAdonis on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:46 pm

1)My top three maps are: Well that all depends.... in terminator escalating I like Circus Maximus, in 1v1 I'll play BeNeLux, and for standard escalating, can't beat Classic.
2)My favorite cards and fortifications are: flat rate and adjacent, cause that's all I play with my friends. We also put a 12 army limit on any territory, cause we've lost a lot of pieces over the years, playing on decks, docks, camping... those little men love to hide. Puts a whole new aspect into the games, but of course we can't play like that here unless there was some group of people who would commit to keeping at most 12 on each ;)
3)Requested Transformer Name: Who was that Decepticon who could turn into a tank or a jet? Blitz, or something like that. Whatever his name was.
4)I want to get into playing with more consistent players, so I can work on strategies. So many games I play fall apart before anything starts, or are just too easy.
5)I'm pretty good at playing :D. I just started a fog of war tournament, let's see how that goes, then I'll let you know if I have applicable skills.
6)I'm really interested in the probabilities of capturing strings of territories. The math isn't difficult to work out, but the chains require I use something to do all the computations, so as soon as I get around to pirating (or buying) MathLab, we'll have a helpful little tool for escalating games.
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Postby Gozar on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:12 pm

jnd94 wrote:Right now Im in lots of soon to be clans. What makes your so special that I should quit them to join yours?

I do not know if there is anything makes our clan so special you should quit another.
One thing I can say, is that this will not be a flash in the pan clan, that doesn't really do anything. Inter and intra clan tournaments, a group of players to get doubles or triples partners from, getting help from more experienced players, or offering advice to less experienced players; these are all things that the clan has to offer. Open to new ideas too, so the clan can continuously grow and change as more folks join.

Swayed you yet?
Lieutenant Gozar

Postby keiths31 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:37 pm

Looking forward to this Clan getting off the ground. Honoured to be a member!
Sergeant 1st Class keiths31

Postby V.I. on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:45 pm

I think "Flash in the Pan Clan" sounds like a better name for your organization. I'd be willing to join, but I would want a TOTALLY awesome individual banner.

You going to be making banners?
Lieutenant V.I.

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:59 pm

V.I. wrote:I think "Flash in the Pan Clan" sounds like a better name for your organization. I'd be willing to join, but I would want a TOTALLY awesome individual banner.

You going to be making banners?

We are sure hoping so. What do you mean by "Flash in the Pan Clan?"
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby V.I. on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:33 am

I was quoting your boy Gozar. Check his last post.

"Flash in the Pan Clan." It rolls off the tongue nicely. I'd go into further depth but then Wicked or Twill would give me a nasty spanking, seeing as how this ain't flame wars and we can't use words here like: "labia" or "hair-pie" or "grundle." But I think you get the idea.

Feel free to use this picture as your banner, should you take Gozar's brilliant idea to heart. This is actually a picture of Gozar, working at No. 1 Kitchen. He's been working there for years, making delicious, MSG-free delights.

Lieutenant V.I.

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:34 am

Haha he means you guys are not chumps, you aren't going to fold easy, you aren't going to show up and disappear and die. You will live on and persevere in the CC world.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:04 am

I just noticed that OPie's OP has been updated with my name on the list of Original Members ... SWEET !!!
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby keiths31 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:02 pm

I even got myself a new avatar and everything!
Sergeant 1st Class keiths31

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:41 pm

keiths31 wrote:I even got myself a new avatar and everything!

Check that out....pretty nice! :D

Now we need to find someone with super sweet signature making skills....
Cadet Optimus Prime

Next

Return to Clan Archives