Conquer Club

Bandits Bid Farewell!!!

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Bandits Bid Farewell!!!

Postby owenshooter on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:06 pm

THE BULLET-PROOF BANDITS BID FAREWELL, TAKE FINAL BOW.

NEW YORK (AP) - There were four laps around the forum, tears and a simple wave - and then they were gone.

The Bullet-Proof Bandits ended their Conquer Club Clan Challenge career on Wednesday Evening to rousing cheers and endless chants from an overflow crowd at Lackattack Stadium.

''I'm devastated I will no longer be a clan challenge player,''Vace Cooper said, speaking for the Bandits. ''We will miss every part of the game, because we loved every part of the game."

''But we've made the right decision.''

Smiling through their tears, the greatest clan challenge players ever made it easy for everyone to say goodbye - jogging around the stadium slowly enough for plenty of souvenir photos to be taken and to not spill their beers.

Better still, the Bandits touched youngsters' hands every time they noticed them extended from the crowd. They even played to the adoring fans, donning a classic *CC BANNED* hat, then a "Sexiest Clan CC Has Ever Seen" beret.

The Bullet-Proof Bandits jogged one lap around the stadium with former clanmates in tow, then came an encore, as a lone spotlight followed them around the field and Carly Simon's ''Nobody Does It Better'' blared throughout.

Perhaps the most excruciating moment for the Bandits came as they fought the tears, occasionally looking down at the ground, while posing for one last photo with clanmates, who all wore Conquer Club caps and t-shirts.

''You know, this is not a passing on; this is a moving on,'' Bandit leader Vace Cooper said.

The Bullet-Proof Bandits ended their Clan Challenge Career undefeated in all Clan Challenges.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: Bandits Bid Farewell!!!

Postby Fruitcake on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:18 pm

It was a pleasure serving alongside you all guys.

The plotting, the internal wranglings, the planning, the carrying out of each step, all of it. I shall miss it, even the pain when we went 5 behind in the series we never lost the will to win. I shall miss it all.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby owenshooter on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:26 pm

"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth. I have been in CC for 2 years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans.

"Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldnā€™t consider it the highlight of his career just to associate with them for even one day? Sure, Iā€™m lucky. Who wouldnā€™t consider it an honor to have known Happy2seeyou? Also, the builder of CC's greatest empire, FWBLB? To have spent months with that wonderful little fellow, Fruitcake? Then to have spent all of our challenges with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best manager in CC today, Vace Cooper? Sure, I'm lucky.

"When the Black Sheep Squadron, a team you would give your right arm to beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift ā€” thatā€™s something. When everybody down to the jr. mods and those boys at random.org remember you with trophies ā€” thatā€™s something. When you have a wonderful admin, like twill, who takes sides with you in squabbles with his own modsā€” that's something. When you have a father and a mother who work all their lives so that you can have a premium membership and build your rank ā€” it's a blessing. When you have a wife who has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed ā€” that's the finest I know.
"So I close in saying that I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for. Thank you."-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:30 pm

The grammar in your sig is wrong.

P.S. umm, good job?
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Timminz on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:35 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:The grammar in your sig is wrong.

P.S. umm, good job?

But, the bandit is won.
Captain Timminz

Postby owenshooter on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:37 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:The grammar in your sig is wrong.

welcome to day 1 of the BpB... now, please take a parting gift on your way out of this thread...
thank you for your participation... it isn't your fault you are not privy to inside humor... *snicker*
and again, FAREWELL!!!-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby mpjh on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:41 pm

Don't forget to take you trophies with you, they just clutter up the basement otherwise.

bye
Cadet mpjh

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:42 pm

ah yes ā€¦ my fault totally for not informing you that i was not in on an inside joke i am on the outside of ā€¦

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Incandenza on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:39 am

Alas, poor Bandits! I knew them, Horatio, fellows of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby daydream on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:21 am

the.killing.44 wrote:ah yes ā€¦ my fault totally for not informing you that i was not in on an inside joke i am on the outside of ā€¦

hint: we've had gramatical errors in each one of our sigs.

oh, and bye :)
Lieutenant daydream

Postby jbrettlip on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:40 am

I was torn on what to write here. Should I write a simple haiku in the manner of great samurai warriors? Should I write a jr high emo poem ala deliasalene? Shoudl I rework the lyrics from a Sound of Musics, Farewell, goodbye? But I decided no, no and no, since I am not a gayball.

So therefore I will simply state that it has been a pleasure taking part in clan challenges. Unfortunately there simply isn't any competition here for the mighty bandits. Maybe if grimreaper ever gets his clan formed, we can be lured from retirement.

IN the words of the great speed metal thrash band, NSync "Bye, Bye, Bye"
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:09 pm

jbrettlip wrote:IN the words of the great speed metal thrash band, NSync "Bye, Bye, Bye"

brett... you sir, have gone out with true style and class... so, on that note, the chorus to your favorite
song of all times... I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!

Youā€™re the best!
Around!
Nothingā€™s gonna ever keep you down
Youā€™re the Best!
Around!
Nothingā€™s gonna ever keep you down
Youā€™re the Best!
Around!
Nothingā€™s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

*choking back the tears*...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Incandenza on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Clearly I misread my audience with my Hamlet bastardization... :lol:
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby sailorseal on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Is this a joke?
Cook sailorseal

Postby clapper011 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:41 pm

so there is no more clan? or are you guys just not taking the chance of getting defeated yet? :P
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby jbrettlip on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:55 pm

clapper011 wrote:so there is no more clan? or are you guys just not taking the chance of getting defeated yet? :P

Clap, we are in serious discussions of disbanding. We think it would be more interesting if we broke up our dream team and embraced parity on CC. I am unsure if that would happen, but there just doesn't seem to be much competition from the pimple faced kids here at CC. We have accomplished all we wanted to on CC. We are the sexiest, the best, and the drunkest of all the clans. We have lifted clan status to new heights, and helped CC in more ways than Twill and Lack can count. Our mission may be finished and it may time to return to the mothership that brought us all here.

PS I have been Wicked's multi since day one!! HAHAHHAHAH
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Vace Cooper on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:09 pm

We are still a clan... We are not a clan challenge clan, but we still are competitive. We are the Bullet-Proof Bandits! We are elite! We do what we want!
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:12 pm

clapper011 wrote:so there is no more clan? or are you guys just not taking the chance of getting defeated yet? :P

you got defeated by delia... ahem... and we have nothing left to prove, no mountain left to climb, no dream that can be dreamt that we can't make come true... there is no dragon to slay, no clan our equal. we finish undefeated, the best that ever was and that will ever be... i see the mothership on the horizon, and jbrettlip/wicked is by my side, holding his/her potted plant...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Timminz on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:15 pm

They're just afraid to face a real clan in a challenge.
Captain Timminz

Postby sailorseal on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Timminz wrote:They're just afraid to face a real clan in a challenge.

Like Water's Fury
:lol:
Cook sailorseal

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:19 pm

did timminz speak? maybe he should click this link...
Subject: G1 (12) vs. LoW (28) [Legends of War Wins]
*snicker*... worry about yourself, timminz. if you even DREAM of playing the BpB, you'd better wake up and apologize...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby mpjh on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:24 pm

I thought you guys were going away. Sounds like a retreat to me. When will you be gone, we need the dishes for another party?
Cadet mpjh

Postby fwblb on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:30 pm

mpjh wrote:I thought you guys were going away. Sounds like a retreat to me. When will you be gone, we need the dishes for another party?

two questions. what clan are you in, and when have you beaten the bandits? thank you for your speedy response.
Major fwblb

Postby Timminz on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:30 pm

owenshooter wrote:

did timminz speak? maybe he should click this link...
Subject: G1 (12) vs. LoW (28) [Legends of War Wins]
*snicker*... worry about yourself, timminz. if you even DREAM of playing the BpB, you'd better wake up and apologize...-0

Are you guys so afraid to lose, that you'll quit playing as a clan? You scraped out a single win, and figure you'd better quit while you're ahead?

Come on ladies and gentleman. You're no Lou Gehrig, and you're certainly no Gretzky. Don't be so afraid to get your hands dirty.
Captain Timminz

Postby fwblb on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:42 pm

I was telling my husband, vace cooper, coming down, I felt like I was getting married. I guess the first and foremost thing that I want to do and I think everybody here, today is not just a day for the Bullet-Proof Bandits.

I am here to announce my retirement from competitive clan challenges. There won't be another announcement to scrabulous or anything to that nature. I think everyone has their own reasons. There's been a lot of speculation in terms of why. And all i can say about that is, the reasons are deeply personal, and i hope you respect me and my families privacy.

I want to say thank you to both of the gentlemen here. Mr. lackattack and Mr. Twill for presenting me with the opportunity to play within the competitive clan challenges and certainly giving me the opportunity to become a Conquer Club member and meet my beautiful husband and build a family here and my family in Minnessota and a lot of my friends who came up here to support this day and who supported me once I stepped on the field of battle and even when I didn't have premium.

I want to say thanks to both those gentlemen and to all the fans on Conquer Club for allowing me to come here and they've adopted me to be one of theirs, and in response I've tried to step on the battlefield and get rid of the nerd mentality that Conquer Club was known for for a long time. I think successfully, myself and my clanmates and the whole organization has made an effort to change the perspective about Conquer Club. And we're hopefully going to be known as a kick ass site. I hope it continues on even when the Bullet-Proof Bandits are not around. I will support the competitive clan arena. I think the game itself is a lot bigger than the Bandits.

I played conquer club to the best that I could play it. I tried to enhance the game itself. I've tried to be the best player I could be. And next thing you know, here we are as the best that has ever been. I think the league is going to continue on although we've had our troubles over the last six months. I think that's a reality check for all of us. It is a business but yet it's still fun, it's still a game and the game will continue on.

Once again, I've had a great time. And I can't say enough for the people who've supported me and my life will take a change. And a lot of people say, 'Well, FWBLB doesn't have any challenges away from the game of Conquer Club.' Well, I dispute that.

Being a parent is very challenging. If you have kids you know that. I welcome that challenge and I look forward to it.

I will live vicariously through my kids as they play the game of Conquer Club. If they don't, I will support that. My husband and I will do the same. We will do what we can as parents to make sure that happens. That's the challenge that I have in front of me and I look forward to it.

I thought of saying just two words: 'I'm gone.' But I figured I owe the fans and certainly the media a little bit more than that. So thta's one of my reasons for being here. i love you all, and thank you for your support on this difficult day as i walk away from competitive clan challenges with my fellow clanmates. again, thank you all. i love you.
Major fwblb

Next

Return to Clan Archives