Conquer Club

dice rolling [replaced]

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

dice rolling [replaced]

Postby irishhebrew82 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:40 pm

I suggest we use some other way of rolling dice....the F-ck-ng computer just boned me 12 times in a row!!!! that said.....this is a great site...keep it up man ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Private irishhebrew82

Postby lackattack on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:17 am

i actually just replaced the dice. here's the details.
Corporal 1st Class lackattack

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Re: dice rolling [replaced]

Postby campbell555 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:56 am

I think the system yous have now sucks, and should be replaced ! I been screwed so many times by the way the dice is determined,that some times i want to stop playing conquer club, but i like it . If there is a way of pushing a button and letting the dice spin and than push the button again for the dice to stop, that would make rolling better ! This way u feel like your more in control. :idea:
Captain campbell555

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby frankiebee on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:16 am

this is from 2006 ? :?
Colonel frankiebee

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (4)

Postby sinctheassasin on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:54 am

campbell555 wrote:I think the system yous have now sucks, and should be replaced ! I been screwed so many times by the way the dice is determined,that some times i want to stop playing conquer club, but i like it . If there is a way of pushing a button and letting the dice spin and than push the button again for the dice to stop, that would make rolling better ! This way u feel like your more in control. :idea:

That would actually be a great idea. Like a slot machine. But what about auto assults? A certainly don't want to pull a lever 100+ times in city mogul...

Perhaps an option to pull the lever, and then let the randomizer take care of it if there are large numbers if troops?
Woop Woop, i love conquer club, why'd i leave for a year?
Who LIkes finishing what they started? :D
Corporal sinctheassasin

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby AAFitz on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 am

sinctheassasin wrote:
campbell555 wrote:I think the system yous have now sucks, and should be replaced ! I been screwed so many times by the way the dice is determined,that some times i want to stop playing conquer club, but i like it . If there is a way of pushing a button and letting the dice spin and than push the button again for the dice to stop, that would make rolling better ! This way u feel like your more in control. :idea:

That would actually be a great idea. Like a slot machine. But what about auto assults? A certainly don't want to pull a lever 100+ times in city mogul...

Perhaps an option to pull the lever, and then let the randomizer take care of it if there are large numbers if troops?

its not a great idea...its a fun idea, but its a bad one. Right now the dice are random. They are affected only by weather variations independently, and then delivered and used.

If a player could affect them, in even the smallest way, it would completely reduce randomness across the board for everyone.

The cubes would then be affected by computer speed, download speed, server speed, and everyone else's speeds. To some degree that is true now, but mostly indirectly. The game would become about clicking the dice at the right time, more than just playing with a random chance at rolls, which is how the game should be played.

There may very well be a way to make the dice perfectly random for each roll....but letting players choose them is certainly not the way to make it that way.
I'm Spanking my Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now!!!!
Lieutenant AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby sinctheassasin on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:11 am

AAFitz wrote:
sinctheassasin wrote:

its not a great idea...its a fun idea, but its a bad one. Right now the dice are random. They are affected only by weather variations independently, and then delivered and used.

If a player could affect them, in even the smallest way, it would completely reduce randomness across the board for everyone.

The cubes would then be affected by computer speed, download speed, server speed, and everyone else's speeds. To some degree that is true now, but mostly indirectly. The game would become about clicking the dice at the right time, more than just playing with a random chance at rolls, which is how the game should be played.

There may very well be a way to make the dice perfectly random for each roll....but letting players choose them is certainly not the way to make it that way.

are you saying a simple flash animation of dice randomizing themselves at speeds un-retainable by human eyes, and then clicking a stop button is "choosing"

thats like saying i can choose to get triple sevens on the slot machines. i would be rich! :lol:
Woop Woop, i love conquer club, why'd i leave for a year?
Who LIkes finishing what they started? :D
Corporal sinctheassasin

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby jamesbond22 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:34 pm

had 203 troops they had 3
lost all mine opposition loses 2

f***ing computer I f***ing hate you

still love the game though
Private jamesbond22

Return to Implemented Suggestions