Conquer Club

Dice Complaints and Various Suggestions to Fix Them

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: the dice are ridiculous

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:57 pm

I think one of the problems you only see the dice when it is your turn. You don't see your defensive dice kicking butt when the other player is taking his turn.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby nebsmith on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Evil Semp wrote:I think one of the problems you only see the dice when it is your turn. You don't see your defensive dice kicking butt when the other player is taking his turn.

True. I got attacked 7v1 yesterday to break my bonus and survived and only knew about it because of the game chat. The game log read - player deployed 6 troops on x, player ended turn - so I'm scratching my head wondering how i still have the bonus until I looked at the game chat.

This may happen quite a lot but unless the attacker says something you have no way of knowing.
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby Darwins_Bane on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:54 pm

I don't see a suggestion here, but more of a complaint. Is there a suggestion, or is this in the wrong forum.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:22 pm

This is more of a dice complaint thread. As I said, just because they are bad for you, doesn't mean they are bad for everyone. Moving to rejected.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Dice system.

Postby goldstrike on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:13 pm

yeah the post i made just got confirmed...i dont understand how someone me and my opponent start off with 15 regions each and before i make my move in round one..i have 7 territories and he has 25.... :(
Captain goldstrike

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:10 pm

goldstrike wrote:yeah the post i made just got confirmed...i dont understand how someone me and my opponent start off with 15 regions each and before i make my move in round one..i have 7 territories and he has 25.... :(

You really haven't heard of something called luck, have you? Do you expect this to never ever ever ever happen?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:10 pm

why not hire some REAL math guys.. for 500 bucks I think you could contract a genius from the local university to look at the system and fix it.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Hire a Professional Mathematician/Coder to fix Dice

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Mods dont you dare delete this as you always do. Because it is a serious suggestion.

If the owner of the forum hires someone (a professional) to fix the dice, I will paypal 100$

I spend WAY more than that a year here.

Myself and many people are on the verge of leaving because the dice simply are not correctly Random.

I would like this Idea to get booted up to the top, and my promise of payment is good... as all my promises are.

The current system is not sound. It cannot be. I just plugged two rolls that I received today into a random Identifier script. BAsically it says I won the lottery 1.4 times today.

Give us a break already and try to fix this... or lose us all.

thanx
AoN
brian

ps.. would anyone else donate to the effort?
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Re: Hire a Professional Mathematician/Coder to fix Dice

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:43 pm

I got your back AoN, id put something into this for sure.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:57 pm

If you won the lottery twice today, then why are you still here complaining about CC?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:If you won the lottery twice today, then why are you still here complaining about CC?

Whether or not this is in response to the overwhelming trend of terrible dice threads, high ranking players saying they will be leaving, or blatent disrepect by mods to the CC community asking for change, I do not know. But Metsfanx, did you think before you decided to post your stupid comment, that you were neither supporting or opposing, that was just a childish attempt at an assault on another player "whinning about dice", that mabye AoN is trying to better the site, by offering a monetary catalyst, a reasonable solution to a problem that if you opened your eyes you would see is destroying this site? Just a thought.
If I read this post out of context, mabye you were trying to be funny, ect... my bad, sorry for being a dick, but it is what it is. If there wasnt such a big issue than we wouldnt have loyal members who have been here for years, probably renewing premium memberships 3-4 times, and upgrading friends ect, deciding to leave. Cleary there is an issue, becasue everyday I see a new thread in GD about another 3 year member calling it quits, and its fucking embarrassing that it has gotten so far already. I love this site, but the longer this goes on, the worse it will become.

Just my two cents.

-jig

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:47 pm

jigger some guy in one of our games just won a 8 vs 9 with 7 left.

In the same day I say a private win a 35 vs 81 against me.

Im not a genius... But im smart enough to see a problem.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:56 pm

I know there is a problem, I see bad dice and great dice, both in my favour and in my opponents. It doesnt really effect me, but like I said when it gets to the point of established 2-3 year players are leaving, there must be a huge issue. Btw what game was it that the guy beat 9 with 1.

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:58 pm

jigger1986 wrote:I know there is a problem, I see bad dice and great dice, both in my favour and in my opponents. It doesnt really effect me, but like I said when it gets to the point of established 2-3 year players are leaving, there must be a huge issue. Btw what game was it that the guy beat 9 with 1.

our clan match quads prison riot..

I went off in chat.. you will see it. I was online when it happened

un fucking believable
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:45 pm

jigger1986 wrote:If I read this post out of context, mabye you were trying to be funny, ect... my bad, sorry for being a dick, but it is what it is. If there wasnt such a big issue than we wouldnt have loyal members who have been here for years, probably renewing premium memberships 3-4 times, and upgrading friends ect, deciding to leave. Cleary there is an issue, becasue everyday I see a new thread in GD about another 3 year member calling it quits, and its fucking embarrassing that it has gotten so far already. I love this site, but the longer this goes on, the worse it will become.

This is a false dichotomy and simply terrible logic. You see that people are leaving, and therefore conclude there is a problem with the site itself. That is a ridiculous claim with absolutely no backing. The only rational conclusion is that people perceive there is a problem, and leave because of it. They should not be doing so, because the random.org dice have been proven beyond reasonable doubt to be quite fair. What can Lack do about it? Waste money paying someone to do the impossible, just so irrational, angry group-thinking users can be placated? We could have a system where these players pay more money, in return for a contribution to a fund that cannot substantially make the dice more random or fair. I think a better solution is for the irrational players to realize they're being irrational, and move on. Saves everyone a lot of headaches (and money).

Postby jefjef on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 pm

Yeah. We came here to play a game and have fun doing it.

We PAY $25 to become premium and play speed games and unlimited games and have fun doing it.

The ONLY thing that can explain what goes on with the drop streaks and the turn order streaks and the dice "streaks" and the times that it always seem to randomly happen is that what CC advertises as being random is actually coded manipulation. After all this is a computer program...

Hey CC. We the CUSTOMER only want to have fun and believe that each and every game is honest. Not predetermined.

Please give us what we pay for and let us have fun.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 pm

I do NOT want to get into an online argument with u metsfan. You do bring up some soid points, and it is clear that nothing I say (because im not a stats expert) will convince you that a "percieved" issue, IS an actuall issue. I actually agree that the dice are random. However the randomness of the dice is NOT random. I cant explain that very well but this same issue comes up alot in online poker. People complaining about other getting very lucky and winning when the math clearly was against them. It just seems like that 1/10 shot comes alot more than 10% of the time.

I have only been here just over a year, so I dont know about the old dice, but I do know that the luck factor, or percieved luck factor has become so prevalent that loyal established players as calling it quits. That is not a "percived" issue, that is a REAL issue. Now I have nothing bad to say about the leadership of this site, but if they want to use the "well I(we) dont need your $25 anyway so we will do nothing," then this will just continue to get worse.

For this reason I am supporting AoNs suggestion.
Metsfan I thank you for your opinions, however "randomly" posting them in a suggestions thread, where you do not state your support or opposition for the suggestion is probly not the best way to go about it. If you want to just piss on peoples distain for CC or the dice check GD, there are about 10 threads started per day on that topic.

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm

I put my money were my mouth is... kick this up and get it approved, Ill help hire the math geek.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:28 pm

jigger1986 wrote:I have only been here just over a year, so I dont know about the old dice, but I do know that the luck factor, or percieved luck factor has become so prevalent that loyal established players as calling it quits. That is not a "percived" issue, that is a REAL issue. Now I have nothing bad to say about the leadership of this site, but if they want to use the "well I(we) dont need your $25 anyway so we will do nothing," then this will just continue to get worse.

Actually, I'd totally support them if they said that. The number of players who would actually quit because they can't stand their dice rolls is probably negligible compared to the number of paying members on the site.

For this reason I am supporting AoNs suggestion.
Metsfan I thank you for your opinions, however "randomly" posting them in a suggestions thread, where you do not state your support or opposition for the suggestion is probly not the best way to go about it. If you want to just piss on peoples distain for CC or the dice check GD, there are about 10 threads started per day on that topic.

I've contributed to those threads in the past. My stance on this issue is not really a secret. This is not a real suggestion, because very few people are going to even consider paying $100 a year to fix this "problem." I don't think that AoN understands that to hire a professional mathematician to review and maintain the dice on this site would run into many thousands of dollars, not a few hundred. Statisticians who have real, professional experience in this sort of thing aren't going to be found at your local community college.

Postby Doc_Brown on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Actually, they have already paid for a professional coder/mathematician to provide the random numbers. The numbers all come from random.org, which are based on atmospheric noise in radio wave signals at various points around the globe. The numbers from that site are "True Random Numbers," and are more random than any code-based algorithm you can develop to generate the numbers (which are always "psuedo-random numbers"). To put it another way, if a number is truly random, there can be no algorithmic way to predict what it will be. But, if you have developed a computer algorithm to produce a number, it is, by definition, not truly random.

The numbers from random.org have been certified as high-quality random numbers by an independent third-party organization, eCOGRA, "which is is a non-profit regulatory body that acts as the independent standards authority of the online gaming industry."
Major Doc_Brown

Postby Night Strike on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 am

army of nobunaga wrote:I put my money were my mouth is... kick this up and get it approved, Ill help hire the math geek.

And if the math geek analyzed the current system and concluded that it was the best one can get with a computer, would you be happy and let it go? For some reason I'm thinking not.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:20 am

Though normally I avoid these threads, I gotta voice some support for AoN here. I know the dice script or whatever you call it changed recently, and the explanation that I got for it was troubling. That is, before it changed 'the dice were truly random, but streaks were broken up. Now the streaks are left alone.' To put it in a nutshell.

All these years CC has been saying that the numbers are random, but then we learn that they were manipulated. I don't trust CC to put up truly random numbers.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby theherkman on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:17 am

army of nobunaga wrote:Mods dont you dare delete this as you always do. Because it is a serious suggestion.

If the owner of the forum hires someone (a professional) to fix the dice, I will paypal 100$

I spend WAY more than that a year here.

Myself and many people are on the verge of leaving because the dice simply are not correctly Random.

I would like this Idea to get booted up to the top, and my promise of payment is good... as all my promises are.

The current system is not sound. It cannot be. I just plugged two rolls that I received today into a random Identifier script. BAsically it says I won the lottery 1.4 times today.

Give us a break already and try to fix this... or lose us all.

thanx
AoN
brian

ps.. would anyone else donate to the effort?

Here is why you won the lottery 1.4 times today... YOU MADE 10,000 ROLES! If you would like to win the lottery IRL then buy 10,000 tickets. Dear fucking god, stop with this shit...
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:33 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:That is, before it changed 'the dice were truly random, but streaks were broken up. Now the streaks are left alone.'

At the risk of sounding crude, whoever told you that had no idea what they were talking about.

Postby blakebowling on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:04 am

First of all, read http://www.random.org/analysis/. This website is where we get our random numbers from. It explains studies done on the numbers and clarifies the mathematical definition of random numbers.

Second, it seems that you are asking for numbers that match exactly with the probability of them occuring (IE, if you rolled the die six times, you would get one 1, one 2, one 3, and so on), and that is NOT random, that is a pattern. So before you complain that the dice aren't random, make sure you know exactly what random is first.

Third, what "random identification script" are you talking about? Also, if you only put in two numbers, it's not a wide enough data sample to statistically be able to tell anything.

Fourth, the rules that define what a random number is are a bit sketchy. The number should have no pattern, however it should come out close CLOSE to the 1/n probability (where n is the amount of numbers chosen from).
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions