Conquer Club

Filter Join A Game by Game Type

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Filter for Join Games- Game Type

Postby dragonfly on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:29 pm

Hey, just to make things simpler when we're trying to join games, do you think it would be a good idea to be able to sort through the games based on Game Type, Play Order, Map, Bonus Cards and Fortifications in addition to Game Number?
yknow, make them a link that would sort them through. Just an idea.
Corporal 1st Class dragonfly

Postby Zepy12 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:45 am

I think that's a GREAT idea...but I'd take it one step further...and sort the "My Games" page. If you are a premium player (like me) and are playing in 10 games...it would be easier to manage if one could sort the screen by map type, type of game, etc.

Great idea!

Zepy :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Zepy12

Postby terrafutan on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:15 pm

Zepy12 wrote:I think that's a GREAT idea...but I'd take it one step further...and sort the "My Games" page. If you are a premium player (like me) and are playing in 10 games...it would be easier to manage if one could sort the screen by map type, type of game, etc.

Great idea!

Can I go one further and have it sort by your personal status in each game - I would love to log on and have the games Im playing display by order of me having to play, or still waiting to play further down
Sergeant terrafutan

Postby gamblor on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:47 pm

terrafutan wrote:
Zepy12 wrote:I think that's a GREAT idea...but I'd take it one step further...and sort the "My Games" page. If you are a premium player (like me) and are playing in 10 games...it would be easier to manage if one could sort the screen by map type, type of game, etc.

Great idea!

Can I go one further and have it sort by your personal status in each game - I would love to log on and have the games Im playing display by order of me having to play, or still waiting to play further down

Now this is a great idea.
Corporal 1st Class gamblor

Postby Pedronicus on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:53 am

if you were to specify the type of game which is your favourite in your personal details,

ie: most important - to least important parts of a game you want

the list of games could change order to suit your prefered games
Major Pedronicus

sortable "join a game"

Postby EdG on Fri May 05, 2006 4:55 pm

It would be great if it was possible to have the game option columns on have drop downs so you could find a game easier
Sergeant EdG

Sorting games

Postby freakshow on Sat May 13, 2006 5:51 am

This might have already been said.
I think that there should be a really simple feature in the join a game section which allows you to sort games by one of the collums. By that I mean: there would be buttons over the game number, Game type, Play Order, Map, fortifications, and players collums. If you clicked one of the buttons it would refresh the page and list all the games sorted by that aspect (sorry it's early and I can't think worth a shit) Example: click a little button, or link, above the players collum and the games page would refresh, now all the games with 3 players are at the top, then all the games with 4 players, then 5, then 6. Now click the little button above the bonus cards collum, now no card games are at the top, then flat rate, then escalating. (You should be sensing some kind of trend here).
From what little I know of php, and mysql (I assume this is what your using) this doesn't seem like it would be that hard to put together. Plus it would be a real life saver as the number of games being played at once increases.
"CAN YOU DIG IT?"
-thegrimsleeper
Private freakshow

Postby john123 on Sat May 13, 2006 6:56 am

in game finder you can just select games awaiting players and then select the options you want and it will list the games of that type
Sergeant 1st Class john123

Postby freakshow on Sat May 13, 2006 8:02 pm

still theres much to be said about conveinence
"CAN YOU DIG IT?"
-thegrimsleeper
Private freakshow

Filter Join A Game by Game Type

Postby garionoldwolf on Wed May 31, 2006 10:40 pm

My suggestion is to make it possible to have it sorted by a different item besides game number. Like I perfer to not play double or triples as I tend to accidentally attack my teammate and I'd rather not do that. If it was possible to sort them into by standard, doubles, and triples all in an order(like click the heading name and have it sort them) that would be great for me. And maybe also have the option to sort it by map or by cards or by fortifications or by teh number of players needed.
Cook garionoldwolf

Game Sorts

Postby DosGeckos on Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:38 am

I am in complete agreement. I have joined games that I don't want to be apart of due to all the different options (which I love) but want to play particular games at times.
Private 1st Class DosGeckos

Postby Pr0nstar on Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:00 pm

Great! I was just about to propose the same idea. So.. I completely agree :)
Private 1st Class Pr0nstar

Postby AK_iceman on Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:31 pm

i dont think there is anything wrong with the system now, maybe just be more careful about which games you join
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Banana Stomper on Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:32 pm

Improvements do not usually come about because something is wrong, yet because there is something better.

I like the idea a lot. It can get tedious scanning through the games looking for the gametype you wish to play. I guess a way around it is to just create them yourself.
Corporal 1st Class Banana Stomper

Filter for the "Join a Game" screen

Postby JCole200 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:34 am

It gets to the point at some points in the game that it takes forever to look through this list, because there are 30+ doubles and triples games waiting for players.

I'd prefer to be able to filter out these games if I'm looking for a singles game. It'll also help avoid the 'accidental' joining of doubles/triples games by new players who often attack teammates because they don't know what is going on.

Any takers?
Captain JCole200

Or a sort feature

Postby evster on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:41 am

Sort would also be a nice addition!

Evster

Join the innaugural Assassin Tournament!
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2003&highlight=
Corporal 1st Class evster

Sorting 'Join Games' Page *Pending*

Postby Tubby Rower on Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:30 am

Ok I searched (maybe not effectively) but couldn't find anything on this topic

This is needed more and more as an increasing number of sequential games sit on the Join Games page. I find that it's just easier to start a new game rather than join a game since I have to scroll through 4 pages of new games.

Right now it's soley sorted by game number. It would be nice to sort / filter at least two of the other columns.

Thanks. I'm sorry if the suggestion is already there, but I couldn't find it.

Tubby
Sergeant 1st Class Tubby Rower

Postby resitnecdan on Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:35 am

Well you can search games by chosing your preferences and choosing "waiting for players" games.
Lieutenant resitnecdan

Put a filter in the Join a Game screen

Postby JCole200 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:04 pm

Hate to bring up something again, but this is getting absolutely ridiculous.

It's getting impossible to find a legit game that I want to play in. Especially with the constant addition of new maps, new people, and new game styles and the doubles teams adding to it.

Right now there are over 130 games waiting for players, and I had to scan for several minutes to find a Terminator game to try it out.

As the site continues to expand and the options get more plentiful, this is only going to get worse, so I'd really, really, really appreciate this option.

Thanks!
Captain JCole200

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Theres this thing called a search button.....USE IT!!

Wow

Postby Scarus on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:47 pm

Didn't have any idea that there were that many games pending. I do open a couple of public games every week, but when I'm looking to join a game, I usually only look at the private games.....lol

I didn't know there was a search button either....lol

What are we searching for? A particular option?

I'll have to check that out.
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby JCole200 on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:54 pm

AK_iceman wrote:Theres this thing called a search button.....USE IT!!

Why would I do that when I can just ask for a filter?

if I want a list of all non-doubles and non-triples games, I can't just do a search. I'd need a filter.

I don't exactly know all the time what I want to join.. but I do know what I DON'T want to join (read: doubles and triples games)

It's not like I'm asking for a limit on the number of games people open, I just want an easier way to find games I'm interested in joining.

As I said, as the site grows, its going to be more and more of an issue. It's the same reason Private/Public games went to two seperate screens, eventually, it got ridiculously large and so it was dealt with. I think this is getting ridiculous large and needs to be deal with.
Captain JCole200

A couple of options

Postby evster on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:55 pm

The search button referred to above is your browser's search feature usually F3 or CTRL+F3.

If you use Firefox, Troy has developped a great script. http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2364&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

If you don't use Firefox, you should.

Ev

Way to go Troy!
Corporal 1st Class evster

Postby HighBorn on Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:06 pm

yes the game orginizer rocks and i didnt even know it worked on join games page ;).. wonderful
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Re: A couple of options

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:09 pm

evster wrote:The search button referred to above is your browser's search feature usually F3 or CTRL+F3.

If you use Firefox, Troy has developped a great script. http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2364&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

If you don't use Firefox, you should.

Ev

Way to go Troy!

No its not, the search button i am referring to is called the game finder and its located on the left bar under my games. You can search for whatever type you are interested. So if you only want standard games, it wont show the doubles or triples. I think this is enough right now and a filter isnt necessary.

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions