Conquer Club

Filter Join A Game by Game Type

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby Rocketry on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:07 am

sherkaner wrote:Bumping this one :), I'd like an option to sort on available seats, so I can check easily if there are incomplete double/triple teams. The 'Join a Game' is getting quite long indeed..

You mean an option to search for games with an incomplete team? Like search for triples games that have only two players in them so far?

Thant would be usefuul for people who want to play alongside abut not against the higher ranks who create games for points alone.

Rocketry
Lieutenant Rocketry

Sortable join list

Postby psa3rvb on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:51 am

Make it so i can organize the list not only by game number but also by game type and map name and number of total people. Something like that.
Lieutenant psa3rvb

"Join a game" search filters

Postby BKred on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:34 pm

I did a quick scan of the forums and the stickied "pending ideas" topic, so I apologize if I missed somewhere this has already been brought up.

Something that would be very nice would be an opportunity to search and/or filter the "Join A Game" list to show specific traits. Like say I wanted to just play Sequential Games with the Escalating Cards rule in effect. Or I don't want to join a Triples or Doubles match, so I don't want to see them. It would be nice if there was a mechanism in place (beyond use of the "find" on my browser) that could filter for or out certain rule categories.

I have no idea how hard this would be, but it would certainly be helpful for me as a player. I'd like to be able to join more games already awaiting players then just starting a new one. Games may fill up faster this way.

Does this suggestion make sense?
Sergeant BKred

Postby DigitalRuin on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Use "Game Finder", which is 2 lines below "Join A Game" on the left menu.
Private DigitalRuin

Postby misterman10 on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:18 pm

DigitalRuin wrote:Use "Game Finder", which is 2 lines below "Join A Game" on the left menu.

and to the OP
hard to believe someone who has been here for 4 months doesnt know this
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby BKred on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:33 pm

misterman10 wrote:
DigitalRuin wrote:Use "Game Finder", which is 2 lines below "Join A Game" on the left menu.

and to the OP
hard to believe someone who has been here for 4 months doesnt know this

Well... believe it.
Sergeant BKred

Postby Swifte on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:54 pm

I had this same idea. It would be great to sort by number of empty seats so I can join a game with 1 seat and get started right away, if that's what I want.
Colonel Swifte

Cleaning up "Join Public Games"

Postby Skittles! on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:22 am

Idea: To clean up the Join Public games.

Suggestion Idea: The Join Public Games list is getting pretty crowded with about 14 pages of games being ready to join. To clean it up via make different lots of the Public Games list.

Specifics: There are about 14 pages of waiting public games, and it probably will just gather there. It needs to cleaned up because more and more games will just add to the pages and no one will join a game on page 8 in the middle of the page because they would of gotten sick of waiting for all the games. Put it in the categories of -
"Join Public Games - Standard & Terminator & Assassin
- Doubles
- Triples & Quads "

Why it is needed: With the belief that not that many people actually use the game finder except to find a numbered game given to them, it is pretty hard to find a game without going through all the pages, which you will soon get bored of. This idea will give a cleaned up public games tab so not everybody gets sick of looking. Games don't fill up if no one is bothered looking for them.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Twill on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:30 am

We could look at a way to do this once we get our UI person found and hired.

Perhaps a simple hide filter (like the FAQ system has now) that has similar options to the game finder?

How would you see it working Skittles?

Twill
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby Skittles! on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:56 am

Twill wrote:Perhaps a simple hide filter (like the FAQ system has now) that has similar options to the game finder?

How would you see it working Skittles?

Twill

That's pretty much how I saw it. With just drop-downs to show different parts. Sure, you can use Game Finder well enough, but what about those who don't use it?
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Beastly on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:27 am

Maybe you can create some kind of a Time limit on the open games, like after so long the game just drops off the list.
Corporal 1st Class Beastly

Postby insomniacdude on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:46 am

Beastly wrote:Maybe you can create some kind of a Time limit on the open games, like after so long the game just drops off the list.

It already does. After 15 days. I think that's a good amount.

I think Game Finder is good enough for finding specific things. But the idea of splitting singles and teams is a good idea and would help clutter quite a bit. I don't see the need for a doubles to have a separate tab from trips/quads, but teams and singles would be nice and general enough to make a difference.

Freestyle and sequential might be a good idea as well. Similar to singles/teams, many people swear by just one of those varieties. Sometimes when I'm looking for a game I'm just looking for a sequential singles game (of any gameplay) and hardly worry about the rest of the settings.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby bellaraphon on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:12 am

3 words: game finder
unriggable wrote:
Neoteny wrote:How big is the perfect penis?

Let's just say that the tower of Babel is a mistranslation.
Private bellaraphon

Postby Lone.prophet on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:39 am

^^ damn the gamefinder isnt the best to do this i agree that a filter should be made now the only thing you see is triples and doubles if you do join game
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby lackattack on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:30 am

insomniacdude wrote:
Beastly wrote:Maybe you can create some kind of a Time limit on the open games, like after so long the game just drops off the list.

Wrong! Only private games are auto-dropped.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:04 pm

lackattack wrote:

Ah I was wondering about that...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Another solution is to remove the join a game option and force everyone to use the game finder instead
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Don't see a huge need for this since you can get the results you want in Game Finder.
Major wicked

Postby The1exile on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:35 pm

wicked wrote:Don't see a huge need for this since you can get the results you want in Game Finder.

Some people use "join a game" out of either a) nostalgia for the time when you couldn't actually use game finder or b) out of naivete that when you say "join a game" you mean actually be able to join a general game, rather than "be presented with 100 games, mostly team games on the top".
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Herakilla on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:49 pm

The1exile wrote:
wicked wrote:Don't see a huge need for this since you can get the results you want in Game Finder.

Some people use "join a game" out of either a) nostalgia for the time when you couldn't actually use game finder or b) out of naivete that when you say "join a game" you mean actually be able to join a general game, rather than "be presented with 100 games, mostly team games on the top".

that right there is why i avoid the join a game, it pisses me off so much seeing so many pages of team games b4 you hit some standard or other
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Ham on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:02 pm

I like the idea. That way I wouldnt have to go through 8 pages of doubles and triple to get to Terminators
http://www.ronpaul2008.com
Spreading the word

*XI games member: Where friends kill friends
Sergeant Ham

Postby Fieryo on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Game finder does this in the most convenient way possible. It's like shopping for the games you want. The only thing I'd recommend is having a way to save certain game preferences so you don't always have to click the little boxes every bloody time. Instead, if you only liked to play a certain kind of game, you could always search for it with far less button pushing (I think this idea has been proposed before).
...where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true. We call it -- "history"
Major Fieryo

Postby hecter on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:16 pm

I'd like something like this...
Fieryo wrote:Game finder does this in the most convenient way possible. It's like shopping for the games you want. The only thing I'd recommend is having a way to save certain game preferences so you don't always have to click the little boxes every bloody time. Instead, if you only liked to play a certain kind of game, you could always search for it with far less button pushing (I think this idea has been proposed before).

A post I made earlier about BOB, but it still applies for this script as well... Just replace the link to BOB with this one:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14188
hecter wrote:BOB is a greasemonkey script that runs on CC pages. What greasemonkey scripts do is alter what the page looks like and what happens when something happens or when you do something, ect. ect. It's essentially a program that runs on Firefox. What BOB in particular does it it will give you all sorts of stats and information on your games. It will tell you how much the next set is worth, the number of territories you and your opponents have, how many armies per turn you guys are getting, ect. ect., as well as a few other neat feature. I would really recommend getting it, but first you must be using Firefox, and you have to download greasemonkey.
http://www.getfirefox.com
Download Firefox via that link.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
Download greasemonkey via that one (just click the big green button...).
After you've got greasemonkey installed, click this link:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/13076
Now you've got BOB :D Just go in your game, and change the settings to what you want. Set your map opacity, chart type, text map, and all that stuff. But, remember, this will slow down your computer on some maps (Conquerman is particularly slow). If you want to turn it off, just look in the bottom right hand corner and click the little monkey. After you click him, he should be black and white and frowning. To turn it back on, just click him again to make him smile and in colour.

Now that you've got BOB (or do you?), there are a few other scripts you can get, such as the Dice Analyzer, Saved Searches, Clickable Maps, and an addon or two for Firefox as well, such as Conquertell. Check out the Plug-ins and Add-ons forum for these, and just post in there or in Q&A if you have any more questions :D
Last edited by hecter on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby insomniacdude on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:17 am

lackattack wrote:
insomniacdude wrote:

Touche Mr. Lack. Touche...
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby The1exile on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:57 am

forgot the h. clicky now
Lieutenant The1exile

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions