Conquer Club

Game Finder Listings - Oldest First [Done+]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Game Finder: order of hits

Postby Forza AZ on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:51 am

I suddenly get the oldest games first when I do a search. Is this a change or a bug?
I find having the newest games first more usefull (certainly when I search for finished games in my tournaments).
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby nagerous on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:54 am

Captain nagerous

change it back

Postby billval3 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:06 am

On the one hand, those who are complaining that, for example, all the private games are on the top could simply filter them out using the game finder options.

On the other hand, I like it better the old way. I like to set up a game and watch and see if any newer games come along that are filling up faster.
Lieutenant billval3

Postby hecter on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:11 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:I object. All the private games are on the top, and it's really annoying. Can you try and make a button that can turn it on and off?

Search only for public games.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby DiM on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:31 am

please either change it back or make it ascending / descending
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby billval3 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:49 am

may be a stupid question, but can you program it so that when i hit refresh the screen stays in the same place?

i.e. you're reading the in-game chat and you hit refresh...instead of seeing the top of the screen you stay focused on the chat.

also, in this case, people could keep their eyes on the bottom of the list without having to scroll down every time they hit refresh.
Lieutenant billval3

Postby RiskTycoon on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:05 pm

yeah this kinda sucks......you need an option like already suggested.... when my pals want to join my public games i post they need to do it as fast as they can because people hop in so quick! so now, when they hit "find all games" in my profile to get to my new games i just made.... quickly......it's no longer quick lol ..... if you are picking up what i am dropping here :?
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby MOBAJOBG on Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:13 am

Yes, I do understand what you're trying to say perfectly ..."Game Finder" RiskTycoon, click on Page 13 and then click on Page 12 to see if there're more "Waiting for Players" games to join perhaps need to scroll all the way down just to ensure that all those hot created games are actually filled up ASAP.

*shakes head* due to those unnecessary mouse clicks and scrolls.
Major MOBAJOBG

Postby lackattack on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:06 am

Don't worry guys, I'm going to revise this...
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Frop on Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:28 am

As for ascending or descending, I'd like to have the option to sort them the way I want (sometimes you want to set up some dubs/trips with friends and you have to browse to the last page over and over again).
Captain Frop

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:55 pm

lackattack wrote:Don't worry guys, I'm going to revise this...

Thanks, Lack. I don't like to think I complain much about changes, but this one really threw me for a loop in what I do here. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby keyborn on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:34 pm

Hey lack, change game finder back to newest to oldest or make it an option in my settings to list oldest first. It now takes way too long for newer public games to fill up and get started.
Brigadier keyborn

Postby RiskTycoon on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:52 pm

MOBAJOBG wrote:Yes, I do understand what you're trying to say perfectly ..."Game Finder" RiskTycoon, click on Page 13 and then click on Page 12 to see if there're more "Waiting for Players" games to join perhaps need to scroll all the way down just to ensure that all those hot created games are actually filled up ASAP.

*shakes head* due to those unnecessary mouse clicks and scrolls.

exactly ! lol
Major RiskTycoon

Postby Russianfire8371 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:09 pm

keyborn wrote:Hey lack, change game finder back to newest to oldest or make it an option in my settings to list oldest first. It now takes way too long for newer public games to fill up and get started.

that was the concern that started this...
Corporal Russianfire8371

Postby DuneMe on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:21 pm

lackattack wrote:Don't worry guys, I'm going to revise this...

Thank you.

I use this feature to search games my buds are in (Triples) when they sign up. I much prefer the old method where the newly signed up/on games are on the top of their "Games Played" listing.
Major DuneMe

Postby lackattack on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:57 pm

It now lists games descending if you specify a Tournament or if you click on the "Find all games with X" link.

I think the default sort is fine when you specify all the criteria you want. Am I wrong?
Sergeant lackattack

Postby RiskTycoon on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:36 pm

you are right lol
Major RiskTycoon

More Filter options?

Postby SherryLynn on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:02 am

I've only been on here for a few weeks, but have noticed that it's kind of hard to find the exact game I want to play.
How hard would it be to change things so that you can sort by all/most games options?
Like:
Game Type
Play Order
Map
Bonus Cards
Fortification
Number of players needed
ETC...

Just a thought..
Cook SherryLynn

Re: More Filter options?

Postby hecter on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:56 am

SherryLynn wrote:I've only been on here for a few weeks, but have noticed that it's kind of hard to find the exact game I want to play.
How hard would it be to change things so that you can sort by all/most games options?
Like:
Game Type
Play Order
Map
Bonus Cards
Fortification
Number of players needed
ETC...

Just a thought..

You can do a game finder search... Just go to the menu (under Game Menu) called "Game Finder" and check off all the boxes that you want and hit search. We've had it for a while, actually...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Displaying game searches in ascending order

Postby Tieryn on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:38 am

I just saw for forum posts you can choose "earliest first" or "earliest last", if we could do this with game finder searches it would be nice, especially for looking up tourney results. Rather than have game 10 at the top down to game 1, flipping the order would be handy, or at least having the option to.

I know -once- a month or two ago, for some reason, this actually happened, and I really liked it, but then it flipped back. Not sure if people complained or whatever, but I'd like the option to choose which way they were displayed if this isn't too hard.

Cheers
Sergeant 1st Class Tieryn

List Game Finder results from oldest to newest

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Concise description:
  • Game Finder results should be listed from oldest (first created) to newest (most recently created)

Specifics/Details:
  • Leave the Join a Game page as it currently is (newest to oldest)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Promotes the filling of games that have been waiting for players for a long time
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: List Game Finder results from oldest to newest

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Is it actually possible to have the order of Game FInder results depend on what you are searching for? Otherwise the Tournament guys are going to object I think...
Captain spiesr

Postby blakebowling on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:11 pm

I've added an option to sort the game finder by either newest first (Ascending) or oldest first (Descending). It will be released in the next release.
Private blakebowling

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:09 am

OK, I checked it out on the beta site and it looks good -- makes everyone happy. Tournament directors/players can select 'newest first' if that's necessary to find what they're looking for.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby agentcom on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:56 am

The problem is that most of this argument revolves around what the default setting is. Unless you change the default setting you aren't going to please the people that have brought this up.
Colonel agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions