- Please create a means for mass game creation for TO's
- It would be great if we could upload a .csv file to generate all the games we want to create in one blink of an eye. That would allow us to create formulas in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. This is especially useful for tournaments that feature participants selecting a home map. Any TO who has run such a tournament will attest to the insane amount of time that adds to his/her life. If the process is a little technical, you could require a training period where the file is first submitted to an experienced volunteer who would make sure that the TO in question knows what he/she is doing. After a training period, the TO could be untethered from supervision and not overburden the volunteer (or non-volunteer) staff. The key to this suggestion is to allow the creation of 100+ games at one time, all with different settings.If you could allow the games to be created with invitations automatically sent out ... wow
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- I guarantee that the number of tournaments that start and do not finish will decrease.
- I guarantee that the number of tournaments with a variety of maps in them will increase.
- I guarantee that allowing automatic invitation sending will multiply the effect of #1 and #2 by a factor of at least 5.
- I guarantee that this suggestion poses a series of real challenges to he who codes it in terms of preventing corrupt/incorrect data from doing harm to the site.
- I guarantee that DaveH will give whoever codes and implements this a foot massage.Every Day. For a year.
MOD EDIT: Check this please - James K