Conquer Club

Best editor debugger.

Discuss developing tools and get details on Conquer Club's API.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Best editor debugger.

Postby Woltato on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:58 am

Hi there. hoping to get some advice re development as I'm new to Javascript.

What's the best editor and debugger for developing grease monkey scripts?

I know you can go into Grease monkey menu - Manage User scripts/New User script but this seems like a pretty basic editor with no Autocomplete or debugging facilities. Is there a decent Javascript IDE I can get hold of from somewhere? Preferably a free one.
Captain Woltato

Medals: 44
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Best editor debugger.

Postby runewake2 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

I am partial to Visual Studio which supports HTML5 and Javascript (mostly intended for Windows 8 dev). You could use that and can get it for free... sort of. I would also recommend looking into Sublime which is free for non-commercial use. It is leagues ahead of Notepad++. I use both daily, they are great, granted I don't do much with HTML/Javascript so might want to experiment with what works best for you.
Conquer Club Mobile Apps: Conqueror for Windows Phone and Windows 8
Conqueror's going Open Source: Conqueror on CodePlex
Corporal 1st Class runewake2
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (3)

Re: Best editor debugger.

Postby blakebowling on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:21 pm

runewake2 wrote:I am partial to Visual Studio which supports HTML5 and Javascript (mostly intended for Windows 8 dev). You could use that and can get it for free... sort of. I would also recommend looking into Sublime which is free for non-commercial use. It is leagues ahead of Notepad++. I use both daily, they are great, granted I don't do much with HTML/Javascript so might want to experiment with what works best for you.

Sublime Text

Notepad++ gets the job done, but isn't as full fledged as Sublime.
Cook blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Return to Tools Development