Conquer Club

bad dice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: bad dice

Postby danfrank on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:45 pm

I gotta tell ya. Dice WAS my biggest complaint about this site. i have gotten around this by , what many people say to mix it up.. If rank is what motivates you then you need to have more active games , the more the merrier i win 40 something percent so for every 20 or so there are ten or so i feel good about and the others , well you know. Get a partner(s) for team games , i play with someone regularly and we win rough estimate 70 percent ,that helps alot.. But if your the type of guy who plays one game at a time and whines about the dice then hey thats the way the cookie crumbles.. :lol:
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:25 pm

jefjef wrote:
DarthFrog wrote:
jefjef wrote:Hi CC!!! I'm freemium now. I declined a gift of premium just so you didn't get paid. Please remove that Upgrade function off my personal menu.

So what you are saying is: "Let me benefit, for free, from all your hard work, and all the money you put into keeping this site alive. I will never help you pay for this site, and oh yeah, while you're at it, do something for me."

I think it's hilarious that people like you who have nothing good to say about the site and those who help run it, but yet stick around. If this site is so bad, why are you still here?

Listen to your sorry self. I was premium for 2 years. I've paid for my right to speak my mind about a product I used to enjoy and support.

You spoke with your dollar by not renewing. What changed that you no longer enjoy or support the site? And why are you on a site that you no longer enjoy?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Pope Joan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:26 am

Hey, sunny, I can improve your dice. It will costs you $25, say buy me a premium, and I will improve your dice.
Brigadier Pope Joan

Postby Kiko13 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Probably just selective memory by the OP. Although it does seem like streaks happen too often (probably just selective memory by me too ;) ). I haven't kept track (yet), but I'd be interested to see what the breakdown is after each type of outcome. So how often do you win 2, split or lose 2 AFTER each one of those outcomes. It seems like there have been a ton of times where I lose 2 armies 3 or 4 times in a row. That should happen 1 in 40 times for 3 in a row and 1 in 138 for 4 in a row, yet I see it happen pretty consistently (again, maybe just selective memory).

The overall totals are close to what they should be for me (based on the Dice Analyzer), but that doesn't automatically mean the rolls are independent. For example, suppose you flip a coin repeatedly, but after you flip a heads, 75% of the time a heads comes up again. After tails is flipped, 75% of the time tails comes up again. Overall, heads comes up 50% and tails comes up 50%, but each flip is clearly not independent of the previous flip.

I'll have to start keeping track.
Lieutenant Kiko13

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Kiko13 wrote:The overall totals are close to what they should be for me (based on the Dice Analyzer), but that doesn't automatically mean the rolls are independent. For example, suppose you flip a coin repeatedly, but after you flip a heads, 75% of the time a heads comes up again. After tails is flipped, 75% of the time tails comes up again. Overall, heads comes up 50% and tails comes up 50%, but each flip is clearly not independent of the previous flip.

Before somebody comes in and misrepresents this, this is clearly hypothetical. He is not saying that IS how it works, but IFF this were the case.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby firsal901 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:27 am

well if the dice aint with ya, ya better do something different
Cook firsal901

Postby stockpicker on Sat May 28, 2011 9:20 am

when my dice are bad especially if i lose on both dice twice in a row I log off and log back in it seems to reset my dice for lack of better term
Corporal 1st Class stockpicker

Postby SirSebstar on Mon May 30, 2011 6:58 am

stockpicker wrote:when my dice are bad especially if i lose on both dice twice in a row I log off and log back in it seems to reset my dice for lack of better term

dont forget to sacrifice some virgins.. stock.. picker??
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby mc05025 on Mon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm

The dice depends from your score. If you manage to to rise your score with bad dice your dice is getting better and better. So just try to play better, so that your score go up and have much better dice.
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby Dukasaur on Tue May 31, 2011 8:42 am

I just noticed the little yellow triangle that tells you one of your opponents is playing, and I had a few spare minutes, so I hopped in to watch. I had already predicted that this opponent would sweep. There were a couple killable players in the game and it's an escalating game with the cash at 45. Well, sure enough he killed the first of the killable players. Then, going after the second, he had a MASSIVE dice malfunction, had to stop and regroup.

So, the next player comes in. He too cashes and attempts the sweep. Now he too has a dice malfunction (although losing 18-12 is not that outlandish) and has to stop. So, miraculously, it's my turn -- a turn I honestly hadn't expected to live to see.

Now I come in and kill the second player, cash, and attempt to kill another. Boom! Dice stop me in my tracks. Now, if I hadn't known what happened to the previous two players, I might have been growling, "bad dice don't give me a chance." But because I watched the preceding two turns, I knew it wasn't like that. The dice had actually been incredibly good to me in that game, just not on my turn.

Sometimes it's just a matter of perspective.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby MonkeySpanker on Tue May 31, 2011 4:51 pm

I think we all get both, and everyone is right when they say you notice and remember the bad more than the good. Its human nature.

Im willing to bet you will notice it more in 1v1. you know those games..? The one's where you can't win a thing and your opponent walks all over you, cant take a region etc. Thats where it gets depressing. The fact that there is nothing you can do. The CC gods have decreed you are a scrifice:P

If the troop morale boundaries were pulled in slightly at both ends for 1v1, gameplay in that manner would be more competetive AND I think there would be less complaints about something that I believe is completely random. Dice....what you gonna do?

Have fun!
Corporal 1st Class MonkeySpanker

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue May 31, 2011 7:02 pm

DarthFrog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:You've said that a couple of times...yet here you are.

is it just me that reads all of Woodruff's posts as if it was Spock saying them? ... this one here I wanted to add Jim to the end... "Yet, here you are Jim." .. hehe

I do that all the time. and with pretty much everyone's avatar. There's more power in the pic than you realzie sometimes.

But yeah the dice are random. I like to play a running joke that I can control the dice with my mind. It's hard to do but it takes a good player to do it. I only lose when my opponent has a higher telepathic ability than me. It's that simple.

Those dice do get streaky. It seems when you attack a big stack with a big stack you'll win because of how the dice work. One time someone autoassaulted a 50 v 50, and he came out with 14 troops left. Completely annihilated the opposing forces. Me, I don't get much luck on 3 v 1, 2 v 2, etc. so I like to attack with large stacks that are mroe controllable and easier to win with.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby AdmiralGaal on Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 pm

lord of the frys wrote:play on other sites.....never seen anything like it...

That's because CC uses the best random number system there is (apart from real dice, that is). I think if you see the dice as "bad" then that's because they're "real." If you've ever played the old fashioned way, then you'll know that bad dice really do exist. We play during lunch at my school, and my one friend has the hardest time with dice. We make fun of him lots because he loses 15 on 3 and the like. The point is, it may seem bad, but it's real. Plus, if it's bad for you, then it's just as good for someone else, so there's really no such thing as "bad" dice. Good luck!
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
Record: Captain 1869 (At 184 Games)
Sergeant 1st Class AdmiralGaal

Postby jefjef on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:33 am

AdmiralGaal wrote:

That's because CC uses the best random number system there is (apart from real dice, that is). I think if you see the dice as "bad" then that's because they're "real."

:shock: :lol: What?
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:10 am

jefjef wrote:
AdmiralGaal wrote:

That's because CC uses the best random number system there is (apart from real dice, that is). I think if you see the dice as "bad" then that's because they're "real."

:shock: :lol: What?

I thought that was a pretty neat explanation.....
Major SirSebstar

Postby ckyrias on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:53 am

try and never use the auto attack button.
i think that since i started playing more "strategically" than just deploy all and attack whom ever i see the dice are more decent with me! ofcourse i have bad rolls who doesn't? but when i feel a bad roll is coming i just dont force it!
if i roll 3 times and i win i am sure that 2 6s are waiting for me around the corner!! so i stop and do not push my luck more! another think i noticed is that if you deploy more than normal troops (lets say 15), and you depoy them all in one place its very likely the attack will not go as well as you would have thought! ;)

Sergeant ckyrias

Postby tec805 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Sounds superstitious to me. Run 5 games with no auto, check your dice stats. Run 5 with nothing but auto (yeah, I know, silly to auto everything, but you get the idea), then check your stats again. Probably pretty close to even if you have enough rolls. Go read the Dice Streaks thread if you want to see some serious crazy good and bad streaks.

And make sure you get to go first in 1vs1 so you get more attackers dice ;)
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:03 am

maybe some manual games?
Major SirSebstar

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 am

whats this dice analyzer script? i've looked in tools forum and can't find it :(

using the http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=dice1 page i have bad luck when attacking, but good luck when defending. which makes getting continents hard :(
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:16 pm

There are no bad dice... only bad intensity cubes

:lol:
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby MatthewKManning on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:48 pm

I think I am going to quit. The "Dice stats" confirmed it for me. I roll less 6's than any other number, while my opponents roll MORE 6's than any other number. They have rolled almost 200 more 6's than any other number they roll. My dice outcomes are out of whack as well. 10,000 rolls and I am mostly negative in the different variations of dice outcomes. So I have bad luck. And it's long term bad luck. And I have the numbers to prove it.
Corporal 1st Class MatthewKManning

Postby JESKIER on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:58 pm

lord of the frys wrote:man doesnt matter what i do....bad dice....i have no luck on this site.....but its a good site..
back to gold token.......lol

Mate, luck has nothing to do with this site. The games are all fixed and decided before you even start to play, just look at the drops you get and the so called random dice you have. All thats happening is we are entertaing the powers that be. You go through a stage where you seem to win everything and get promoted then suddenly, you go through the stage where you lose everything and get demoted........ mmmmm random??? i think not

Check out world of tanks, a far better and fair game to play !!!!!!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class JESKIER

Postby gingerswimmer on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:36 am

yeah, i think osama is still alive right, and he sat with a computer LOLing at demoting poor innocent players such as jeskier
Corporal gingerswimmer

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 am

gingerswimmer wrote:yeah, i think osama is still alive right, and he sat with a computer LOLing at demoting poor innocent players such as jeskier

word!
Major SirSebstar

Postby JESKIER on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
gingerswimmer wrote:yeah, i think osama is still alive right, and he sat with a computer LOLing at demoting poor innocent players such as jeskier

word!

OSAMA, WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? I GUESS YOUVE BEEN ON THE DRINK WHEN YOU POSTED THAT REPLY LOL !!
Sergeant 1st Class JESKIER

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion