Conquer Club

I have never won at the British Isles.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I have never won at the British Isles.

Postby Hoff on Mon May 01, 2006 1:43 am

I have never won a game at the British Isles, i've always done horrible. Am I just getting bad luck or is there a strategy that you guys prefer? If you have won a game at the British Isles, please discuss the strategy you used. I'm beggin you!!!
Sergeant Hoff

Postby HighBorn on Mon May 01, 2006 1:44 am

havent won one yet either bro have done well for awhile in one but never won....
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby Hoff on Mon May 01, 2006 2:06 am

I enjoy the map, but i'm never there for very long cuz i get knocked out. So i dont play it too often. Every now and then i work up the courage to try and defeat the mighty mighty british isles. but i always just fall down again.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Itrade on Mon May 01, 2006 2:22 am

Hoff wrote:I enjoy the map, but i'm never there for very long cuz i get knocked out. So i dont play it too often. Every now and then i work up the courage to try and defeat the mighty mighty british isles. but i always just fall down again.

Erm, I just play it like I would normal risk. Go for the easily defendable continents nobody else would want since they have groundings in better countries. Then I mess them up when they don't expect it.

Just don't let the power balance tip or you'll lose for sure. If someone's got a continent then the rest of you are pretty screwed. You have to fight the other guys while defending yourself, which is pretty tough.

Hmm. My strategies are all for 6-player freestyle, double turns and escalating cards. I'm pretty sure you don't play like that, though, otherwise you're bound to win sometimes.
Image My set is a bone coat-of-arms and chandelier! How cool is that?
Sergeant Itrade

Postby Hoff on Mon May 01, 2006 2:29 am

I guess i've just been unlucky the times i've played there with starting countries and dice rolls. I just started up a doubles game? anyone want to play me there? you'll probably win lol
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Hoff on Mon May 01, 2006 2:30 am

game #18864
Sergeant Hoff

Postby onbekende on Mon May 01, 2006 3:25 am

Like that, I will take Ireland with an option on Wales
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Postby SprCobra on Mon May 01, 2006 3:41 am

ive won by going for Scotland maybe i get +5 bonus becasue i live in scotland :twisted:
Cadet SprCobra

Postby Jota on Mon May 01, 2006 4:49 am

In my first ever British Isles game, I won by taking Land's End, and then lying low until the two major powers (Scotland+Ireland and North England+Wales) broke each other. Fortunately, they left their South England battlefield a wasteland of one-army countries for me to take advantage of.
Sergeant 1st Class Jota

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon May 01, 2006 5:13 pm

Gaining the southern portion of he map is always a great thing to do if you can. If also possible, try limiting your borders. Say if you own Scotland and Ireland, push into North England and stop the use of Hadrian's Wall against you. Then push into Ireland and grab Meath, cutting your border's down even further.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Fieryo on Mon May 01, 2006 5:19 pm

ive won 7 out of 11 games finished on the map. i usually win when i can gain scotland first then go for ireland, 10 points bonus with only 3 borders to protect :D
Major Fieryo

Postby Hoff on Mon May 01, 2006 5:38 pm

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! Hopefully i'll finally be able to do well there.
Sergeant Hoff

never

Postby panthers_freak on Mon May 01, 2006 5:39 pm

yeah in 3 games i havent won either...and its about to be 4 games
I'm running for any moderator opening....please show support for me!!!
Cadet panthers_freak

Postby medwards on Mon May 01, 2006 8:15 pm

i find it best to go for scotland first. that way you have a few options for when you want to go after other countries. getting lands end then stealthily going for south europe has worked out for me as well. i find that its almost impossible to hold any of the other three continents and you usually end up stuck between two superpowers who man-handle your continent....
Cook medwards

Postby kingwaffles on Mon May 01, 2006 8:24 pm

Personnaly I'm quite fond of going for Wales, it has served me well when I have played. From there you expand over into ireland or make a quik stab down into land's end.
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

winning, losing

Postby stevesparty on Mon May 01, 2006 8:29 pm

I used to love british Isles I would win all the time, now Ive lost almost all the games I play there. In fact Im losing almost all the games Im playing anywhere.
Private 1st Class stevesparty

Postby kingwaffles on Mon May 01, 2006 8:30 pm

Yeah... I've dropped over 100 points since friday... i'm on a terrible losing streak.
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Return to Conquer Club Discussion