Conquer Club

Deadbeats in doubles

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Deadbeats in doubles

Postby newboy on Sat May 06, 2006 10:48 pm

I'm on my third game of doubles and looks like my second game that my partner has (for some reason) has decided not to paticipate, not even in the first round.

I'm only new to this club so can anyone tell me what I can do.

Maybe if it could be made that if a partner deadbeats without any paticipation in the game, his partner isn't penalized. (because it is a real bummer to get loses through no fault of their own) :evil:

Thanks for lissening to my winge.
Sergeant 1st Class newboy

Postby wacicha on Sat May 06, 2006 11:11 pm

you need to play single games till you find someone who you can work with then ask them to be your partner in a doubles DO NOT JOIN a doubles unless you already have a partner you feel you can trust to stay in the game and not deadbeat out
Major wacicha

Postby hotgun on Sat May 06, 2006 11:18 pm

wacicha wrote:you need to play single games till you find someone who you can work with then ask them to be your partner in a doubles DO NOT JOIN a doubles unless you already have a partner you feel you can trust to stay in the game and not deadbeat out

Wacicha is right...
I only play double games with real friends who I know will play and do a good job...
Corporal 1st Class hotgun

Postby kingwaffles on Sat May 06, 2006 11:22 pm

All you can do is pray that you can knock one of them out quickly. Beyond that just play with people you know on your team and you'll be fine.
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby Twill on Sun May 07, 2006 12:31 am

The only thing you can do is perhaps take him out for his cards.

I believe that deadbeats in team games dont get points if you win, thus if you win you get more points, but, it becomes harder for you to win.

The only "punishment" for his/her deatbeatage is that you are fighting a one person battle, might I suggest building up and staying the weak enough not to draw attention, but strong enough not for the other to come for your cards.

Let them beat eachother up a bit and then move in for one of their contients when the time is right

Good luck to you :)

Have a great day, may is be full of rear-end kicking come-backs
Twill
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby HighBorn on Sun May 07, 2006 12:33 am

wacicha wrote:you need to play single games till you find someone who you can work with then ask them to be your partner in a doubles DO NOT JOIN a doubles unless you already have a partner you feel you can trust to stay in the game and not deadbeat out

yes believe me finding a good partner at the begining of your trials is the best thing that can ever happen to u in this game :D
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby qeee1 on Sun May 07, 2006 7:55 am

I dunno, it's pretty fun playing with random people and seeing how you'll work together. True a lot of them will suck/be deadbeats but meh. Also if you avoid playing 4 player doubles you're not a quite such a disadvantage.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby agarvin on Sun May 07, 2006 11:24 am

And in a non-password protected game, never be the penultimate player to join. You never know who'll you get as a partner.
Sergeant 1st Class agarvin

Postby haha on Sun May 07, 2006 11:25 am

i could since im not in it but i dont have any games open
Lieutenant haha

Postby newboy on Sun May 07, 2006 11:24 pm

Thanx for the good tips people, I'll keep them in mind for future games.

Untill next time, I'll see you in the games.
Sergeant 1st Class newboy

Postby Hoff on Sun May 07, 2006 11:27 pm

you can also add the deadbeat to your ignore list so to be sure you wont play with him again.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun May 07, 2006 11:27 pm

I got lucky with my first experience in doubles. Randomly created a game, and we turned out to be a rather good and fun team.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Return to Conquer Club Discussion