Conquer Club

Cutting your losses

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What should I do?

Total votes : 0

Cutting your losses

Postby Vladsky on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Right now in a game that I'm fairly certain I don't have a chance of winning. In that game there are 2 players who might win, one with a score roughly equal to mine, and one with a score substantially less than mine. Right now I have the option to tip the balance by breaking the low ranked player's continent bonus, which would probably give the heavily ranked player the game. Doing this would mean I lost less points but would also compromise my position in the game and take away any slim chance that I have of winning. What do you think?
Sergeant 1st Class Vladsky

Postby Jota on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:35 pm

I can't say what you should do, but I know that I would try to work whatever slim chance I had of winning until the bitter end.
Sergeant 1st Class Jota

win

Postby wacicha on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:58 pm

i agree if there is a chance take all sorts of things could happen =-= i was sure i lost one and if we had the surrender button i may have used it but they both missed the next 3 days they are deadbeats but i'm the winner
Major wacicha

Honor

Postby Scarus on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:00 pm

I agree with Jota. Even in the most dire circumstances in these games there is always some slim chance that you may win. Who knows, one of the other players may accidentally hit the end attacks button, may take a wrong turn with his armies, or may even miss a couple of turns.

Regardless of whether or not any of these things happen, both of the other players in the game are entitled to rely upon the premise that you will be taking whatever actions you feel will give you the best chance, (even if that means attacking that person). Once you start trying to give the game to another player, (for whatever reason), then you have departed from an honorable path, and have, in effect, cheated the player who would have won without your machinations...

Sure there are games where you are going to lose. Just conduct yourself honorably and look forward to those games when things are going well for you, and all the other players are conducting themselves with honor, and going out with congrats to you.

As far as the points are concerned, this is really not even worth talking about. I have risen as high as number 3, have been in the top five another time, and in the top 10 a couple of times. Sure it feels good, but myself and many others have discovered that your stats will go up and down. The important thing is what kind of rep are you building for honorable play, and above all else having a good time.

Scarus
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:03 pm

I am currently faced with a similar situation in one of my games. I took into account though one of the players particular interest in my terroritories and let that be my decision factor.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Blitzkreig on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:52 pm

I would fight till the last man.

On a side note Scarus's posts are always quite lengthy, just an observation.
The art of concentrating strength at one point, forcing a breakthrough, rolling up and securing the flanks on either side, and then penetrating like lightning deep into his rear, before the enemy has time to react.
- Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
Cook Blitzkreig

Postby kingwaffles on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:53 pm

Never give up, never surrender!
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby Marvaddin on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:13 pm

Right, but if there are no more chances... Attack the worst ranked!! :twisted:

Dont forget of put here the result of the game when it ends. :roll:
Major Marvaddin

Blitz

Postby Scarus on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:40 pm

Blitzkreig wrote:
On a side note Scarus's posts are always quite lengthy, just an observation.

My apologies to everyone. This is a serious problem that I have. Seems like my neuroses are multiplying. I'm now also obsessed with quoting Blitzkreig....lol

Scarus
Last edited by Scarus on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby kingwaffles on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:50 pm

Whatever, theres nothing wrong with writing a lot if you have a lot to say and you can say it well, as you can and do.
And yes I agree with you Marv I was just seeing if anyone was gonna catch my movie reference....
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Return to Conquer Club Discussion