Conquer Club

I love the dice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I love the dice

Postby zorba_ca on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:19 pm

I just felt this had to be posted since the dice take such a bad rap.

I have found that I have been experiencing extraordinary good luck with the dice recently.

Lack: Are the dice geared to more favourable rolls now? Are you recycling the same file or using new ones every time we run out of rolls?

I've been noticing very good rolls in the past 2+ weeks.
Major zorba_ca

Postby GOD on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:38 pm

ok, once and for all: the dice are RANDOMIZED, if they "suck" for a few turns, then sooner or later they will work in your favor. there is no need to complain or feel happy, because sooner or later you will feel the opposite.
Sergeant GOD

Postby Pristella on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:05 pm

Dice are randomized, but you can still complain about the bad luck with them. It can be done on table top playing, too, as sometimes the dice suck there, too. ;) Complaining about dice doesn't mean you are complaining about the way they are managed in the gameplay, it can be just complaining about what the random gives, with a dose of good humour in it, too.
Corporal Pristella

Postby Hoff on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:41 pm

GOD wrote:ok, once and for all: the dice are RANDOMIZED, if they "suck" for a few turns, then sooner or later they will work in your favor. there is no need to complain or feel happy, because sooner or later you will feel the opposite.

You seem to know alot about how the dice work. Who do you think you are, God!?
Sergeant Hoff

Postby SMITH197 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:31 pm

may i direct you attention to a previous post...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=998

"Did you fortify New Guinea or are you just happy to see me?"
Corporal 1st Class SMITH197

Postby KoolBak on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:40 am

**adds God to hitlist for second time**
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby cardozo on Tue May 02, 2006 1:54 pm

the defensive dice are WAY TOO STRONG, especially when there is only one defender. the probabilities of one guy holding off like 7 to 14 guys in a row is extremely slim, yet it happens consistently. I've never played or watched a live dice game where such consistent defense occurred. Nothing random about it.

However, the offensive dice do go on rolls as well, but my aforementioned complaint is more the norm.
Corporal 1st Class cardozo

Postby onbekende on Tue May 02, 2006 2:30 pm

In that way it must be changed, in real life battke, 1 troop isn't going to stop 20 troops from entering that place. It just suckes when you have 20 man and lose 5 with the land being protected by only 1, it's just unreal!
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Postby nhulbert on Wed May 03, 2006 7:21 am

cardozo wrote:the defensive dice are WAY TOO STRONG, especially when there is only one defender. the probabilities of one guy holding off like 7 to 14 guys in a row is extremely slim, yet it happens consistently. I've never played or watched a live dice game where such consistent defense occurred. Nothing random about it.

However, the offensive dice do go on rolls as well, but my aforementioned complaint is more the norm.

I haven't played a lot of Risk as an actual board game, but I played two games in a row this year where I won in a matter of pretty few turn due to extreme rolling going towards my favor. That includes my defensive dice kicking over and over about how you described. Random does NOT mean things won't happen in a row eventually. I have terrible, TERRIBLE luck with dice ALL the time, but I don't complain about it... Except to my girlfriend when I'm playing and on the phone at the same time, haha...
Major nhulbert

Postby Mr. K on Wed May 03, 2006 12:32 pm

cardozo wrote:the defensive dice are WAY TOO STRONG, especially when there is only one defender. the probabilities of one guy holding off like 7 to 14 guys in a row is extremely slim, yet it happens consistently. I've never played or watched a live dice game where such consistent defense occurred. Nothing random about it.

What? Everything about it is random. Defensive dice are stronger because if there is a tie between the highest number rolled by both players, then the defender wins. If you think about how few numbers there are on a dice, it makes sense that the defender should be a lot stronger than the attacker.
And it should make sense that the defender is stronger anyway in a real life situation. If you're being attacked on your land, the attacker is more vulnerable. You know your land, you're comfortable with it, and your attacker is going out on a limb attacking you.

You're just running into some bad luck. It would take some semi-complicated and messy programming to give defensive dice a better shot at winning when theres only 1 man on the territory. It is a lot easier, and makes a lot more sense just to make the dice always random. And thats why it is the way it is.
Lieutenant Mr. K

Postby areyouincahoots on Wed May 03, 2006 12:57 pm

I wish people would just STOP COMPLAINING! Here's the way I look at it...if your dice are going to be bad, you'd better have a hell of a strategy to make up for it...and LEARN WHEN TO STOP PRESSING THE ATTACK BUTTON! If you've lost like 10 men and the defender has only lost like 2, I'd quit and try again next turn...use your brain please!
Private 1st Class areyouincahoots

Postby howie on Wed May 03, 2006 1:45 pm

We've been told :lol: the dice seem preety random to me. Anyway if they were defence biased then its the same for everyone.
Private howie

Return to Conquer Club Discussion