Conquer Club

CC has many players with victim mentality?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has many players with victim mentality?

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:57 am

Because Natty_Dread mentioned Victim Mentality again in another topic...I think it is worth to give this discussion a bump.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 pm

JelleR wrote:Recieved 0 PMs so far from people that want to bet on their bad dice.

pff, i like to take that bet.. i sometimes seem to know it when my dice suck.. but i work around it
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby josko.ri on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:30 am

it is nice to see you back matt, and very nice discussion you opened ;)

one year has passed from our best-of-9 1v1 matches in one tournament and I still remember how I felt completely helpless playing vs you then. of that 9 games, maybe 2 was decided by extraordinary luck on mine/your side. other 7 had almost equal luck for both players, and I remember how every your turn was played great, with often not allowing me to even have easy card chance and making constantly pressure on me with that, in other words I couldnt take initiative, even with more or less equal dices like yours. so your playing caused that I wrote in tournament thread about your excellent playing:

josko.ri wrote:mattattam kicked me out with excellent playing(6-2), I felt completely helpless. pogue, you will have really hard job in the final duel.

unfortunately, many players are with victim mentality so I suppose more than 90% of CC players would on my place write "mattattam was extremely lucky, winning 6-2 in 1v1 can only be great luck", and wouldnt really recognize your great playing like "background" for your "good" luck.

it would be ok if that "victims" hold their bad luck opinion by themselves, but often they complain about it in chat or even go to public thread (tournament or some other thread) calling players who won for having "great" luck, which often sounds like "you won only because of great luck, your strategy sucked". comments like that often pisses me, especially if it comes from players who made several playing mistakes in particular games which made my winning way much easier.

when someone do so in public then I respond (also in public) about his/her playing mistakes. I think, if someone has right to mention my "great" luck in public, then I also have right to mention his/her playing mistakes in public. that attitude often costed me bad reputation and arrogant carma, but I still think that speaking about strategy (especially about bad parts of strategy) can only be with purpose of improving player's gameplay, while speaking about (bad) dices is without any purpose, it can only be used to minorize opponent's skill, which I think ofteb have the biggest part in winning.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby legionbuck on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:25 am

I don't mind if I lose a game due to luck...but I DO MIND losing games due to the screwed up doubles rules , deadbeaters / violators getting points, and the "adjusted dice" being not just " adjusted"....
Sergeant legionbuck

Postby mattattam on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:41 am

[quote="josko.ri"]it is nice to see you back matt, and very nice discussion you opened ;)

Hey Josko! I'm always down with a player learning to get better at playing instead of getting better at complaining! ;)

I still remember that you taught me a great lesson on humility and being fair when I hosted my first tournament. I'm glad to see you so close to the leaderboard. If everyone looked to how they could get better, like you have, we would all be ranked so much higher!

I'm just back for some Easter games, but I'll drop back in from time to time. I'm glad you posted here
Major mattattam

Postby mattattam on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 am

legionbuck wrote:I don't mind if I lose a game due to luck...but I DO MIND losing games due to the screwed up doubles rules , deadbeaters / violators getting points, and the "adjusted dice" being not just " adjusted"....

Some might call all the things you listed 'bad luck'. It helps to remember it's just a game... Have fun! :D
Major mattattam

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am

Ah, yes, this topic. A good one to bump back up.

I had a poor stretch of 1vs1 games, and I cursed a few of my bad rolls. But I maintained my composure (until I switched over to watching the NBA playoffs, then I went a little nuts as I always do for sporting events).

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:12 pm

I'd like to compile a list of players with victim mentality. I'd have to start with the likes of eddie2.

What the heck, maybe I should add myself to that list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Aradhus on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 pm

CC has many players with victim mentality

This is so true. I don't know how many times I've gotten stiffed on the drop, screwed by the dice, and relentlessly attacked by noobs for no obvious reason, just to have some assclown complain about their situation. Like that's relevant. I'M THE ONE WHO GOT SCREWED! Why have people always got to make it about them. Douches.

:mrgreen:
Major Aradhus

Postby tec805 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Aradhus wrote:
CC has many players with victim mentality

This is so true. I don't know how many times I've gotten stiffed on the drop, screwed by the dice, and relentlessly attacked by noobs for no obvious reason, just to have some assclown complain about their situation. Like that's relevant. I'M THE ONE WHO GOT SCREWED! Why have people always got to make it about them. Douches.

:mrgreen:

Yeah, everyone hates complaining douches :lol:
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby Wrout1947 on Wed May 27, 2020 7:54 am

Not in just CC. I realized in many stages in life luck and skills both should be working to gain a beautiful and successful. As there are a lot of talented people across the world but they didn't get opportunities to achieve because of their circumstances. But we should have to be motivated and should have faith in GOD. He is supreme, he knows better what is good for us or not.
[Mod Edit (dk): spam link removed.]
New Recruit Wrout1947

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 am

A beautiful and successful what?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed May 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Wrout1947 wrote:Not in just CC. I realized in many stages in life luck and skills both should be working to gain a beautiful and successful. As there are a lot of talented people across the world but they didn't get opportunities to achieve because of their circumstances. But we should have to be motivated and should have faith in GOD. He is supreme, he knows better what is good for us or not.

Which God are we talking about? Zues? Ahura Mazda? Amaterasu-Ōmikami? The voice in Hit Red's head?

I want to make sure if your God is indeed the supreme one that I only direct prayers at said god and not the other imposter gods.
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu May 28, 2020 7:04 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
Wrout1947 wrote:Not in just CC. I realized in many stages in life luck and skills both should be working to gain a beautiful and successful. As there are a lot of talented people across the world but they didn't get opportunities to achieve because of their circumstances. But we should have to be motivated and should have faith in GOD. He is supreme, he knows better what is good for us or not.

Which God are we talking about? Zues? Ahura Mazda? Amaterasu-Ōmikami? The voice in Hit Red's head?

I want to make sure if your God is indeed the supreme one that I only direct prayers at said god and not the other imposter gods.

Um guys... You're responding to a spammer bot.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 28, 2020 12:22 pm

Yes.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 am

Shannon Apple wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
[/b]

Um guys... You're responding to a spammer bot.

what god does a spam bot pray to? I'm pretty confident we can rule out the voices in Hit Reds head.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby NorthmanII on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:47 pm

This may be true "some of the time" but from experience I have had far more games taken from me because of ridiculously bad dice that I know for a fact in the real world would not have taken place. Attacking people to take their spoils where you have 3 to 1 or larger advantage and then the attack fails and it costs you the game. I have attacked people with numbers representing 30 to a single digit number and lost. That is utterly impossible. I'm sorry but it is. I have also had far too many games ripped from me where if I draw a spoil at card number 4 which I have a 66% chance of drawing the correct card only to see the 33% card come up time and time again and thus that game ends in a loss. I agree that top ranked players obviously have good strategy but I find it interesting that for the most part they only team with each other. I have also noticed on numerous occasions when playing a top tiered player where I needed the one roll to win the game and seem to never get it whereas when they needed the one roll they almost always seemed to get it. This has been sited by numerous players besides myself and stated as such.
Lieutenant NorthmanII

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:50 pm

NorthmanII wrote:This may be true "some of the time" but from experience I have had far more games taken from me because of ridiculously bad dice that I know for a fact in the real world would not have taken place. Attacking people to take their spoils where you have 3 to 1 or larger advantage and then the attack fails and it costs you the game. I have attacked people with numbers representing 30 to a single digit number and lost. That is utterly impossible. I'm sorry but it is. I have also had far too many games ripped from me where if I draw a spoil at card number 4 which I have a 66% chance of drawing the correct card only to see the 33% card come up time and time again and thus that game ends in a loss. I agree that top ranked players obviously have good strategy but I find it interesting that for the most part they only team with each other. I have also noticed on numerous occasions when playing a top tiered player where I needed the one roll to win the game and seem to never get it whereas when they needed the one roll they almost always seemed to get it. This has been sited by numerous players besides myself and stated as such.

Out of curiosity have you played any team games or clan games?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion