Conquer Club

So...If the dice are Truly Random

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Do the dice turm foul for you too?

Postby 2dimes on Fri May 01, 2020 12:04 pm

I always get perfect dice. I'm just so bad I still get beat most of the time.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri May 01, 2020 12:07 pm

berlin1945 wrote:I go long stretches of the dice being fairly neutral. Then they change, and i start losing 9 to 1. I have some games where i could sweep with neutral dice, but right now i may as well just not even bother. Does this happen to anyone else?

I also see large variations and swings in my dice. It almost as if someone programmed them to resemble random.
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Evil Semp on Fri May 01, 2020 1:18 pm

Everyone gets good dice and bad dice. They get hot streaks and cold streaks.

As Kenny Rogers said in his song

You've got to know when to roll 'em
Know when to hold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

We all have the same dice. You have to learn to stop rolling when you are going bad. I wish I could take my own advice.

Enjoy the dice roller coaster.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BabySasuke on Fri May 01, 2020 3:22 pm

dice are streaky af
Captain BabySasuke

Postby berlin1945 on Sun May 03, 2020 5:28 am

Evil Semp wrote:Everyone gets good dice and bad dice. They get hot streaks and cold streaks.

As Kenny Rogers said in his song

You've got to know when to roll 'em
Know when to hold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

We all have the same dice. You have to learn to stop rolling when you are going bad. I wish I could take my own advice.

Enjoy the dice roller coaster.

Yeah, i have tried not attacking, conserving armies, but i fall behind and get whooped just the same. There seems no way around a bout of snakebite. Enjoy it like a kick in the nuts. :cry:
Major berlin1945

Postby SaviorShot on Sun May 03, 2020 8:58 pm

I was grinding in 2010-2013... I've been back a couple months and I gotta say the way the dice work is not fun ... I'm not sure how much longer I can play. I do enjoy me some risk games but I lose crazy battles all day everyday. I should not be losing 8v3 and 10v3 70% of the time all day every day. It sucks
Colonel SaviorShot

Dice System

Postby JESKIER on Mon May 04, 2020 4:48 am

Am I the only one who has noticed the dice system go FUBAR since the lockdown started?? How can Conquer Club defend the fact that i personally have lost 1150 points, 3 ranks and total faith within the last week??? Going second is now at 83% of the time, biggest dice loss is 19 to 2.
More people have joined, or should I say multiple account people have joined recently so the dice system favours the newbies to try and get them to pay for premium.

THIS IS JUST TOTAL CRAP !!!!

Nothing to do with the maps you play, the settings your on etc etc, it just Rubbish not so random messed up dice system :oops:
Sergeant 1st Class JESKIER

Re: Dice System

Postby Kevi on Mon May 04, 2020 5:20 am

JESKIER wrote: the dice system favours the newbies to try and get them to pay for premium.

THIS IS JUST TOTAL CRAP !!!!
:

At last we have a new angle on who the dice system favours - all the other threads seem to blame freemium players for having bad dice so they'll upgrade to premium and get better dice.....lmao .....so now when they upgrade their dice will fail miserably ------ maybe I should go freemium and get better dice..... :D :D :D
Captain Kevi

Postby JESKIER on Mon May 04, 2020 6:42 am

Kevi, your spot on, you know the score, welcome to my world

Postby TegidTathal on Mon May 04, 2020 6:44 am

I've got freemium and get crappy dice. It's like my rolling irl though - pretty ordinary
Private TegidTathal

Postby TheSharkFromJaws on Mon May 04, 2020 4:00 pm

I was just reading a chat from a buddy complaining that the dice system is broken. He lost attacking 8v1. I laughed at him, then I lost in a different game attacking 11v3. There is something wrong.
Corporal TheSharkFromJaws

Postby Evil Semp on Mon May 04, 2020 4:12 pm

Just once I would like someone to complain that they have good dice. With all the bad dice how does anyone increase their score?
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby berlin1945 on Mon May 04, 2020 4:31 pm

Evil Semp wrote:Just once I would like someone to complain that they have good dice. With all the bad dice how does anyone increase their score?

Count me as one who despises good dice just as much. It takes all of the skill out of the game if you can never lose, or worse, if your opponent can never lose. I don't want to take out twenties and lose maybe two, and I don't want it done to me either.
Major berlin1945

Postby SaviorShot on Mon May 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Can someone that works for CC please look into my dice ... I think there broken for real. I cant win a roll the past week. 50-60 active games and I'm rolling nothing but fails for real.
Colonel SaviorShot

Postby YukFoo on Mon May 04, 2020 7:01 pm

For every game of shitty dice I play, I get a game of unstoppable dice where I just can't lose!

It generally about averages out over many games, but for damn sure, it is not random.
Cook YukFoo

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon May 04, 2020 7:45 pm

SaviorShot wrote:Can someone that works for CC please look into my dice ... I think there broken for real. I cant win a roll the past week. 50-60 active games and I'm rolling nothing but fails for real.

You can see your total battle outcomes under the dice stats. Your total kills are: 256633 Your total losses are 249709... So you are currently beating the odds and getting above average outcomes... Congrats!

If you want to get nit-picky you can look at offense vs defense separately and factor in the attack advantage. TLDR, your roll outcomes are average or slightly above average overall.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby JESKIER on Tue May 05, 2020 6:32 am

TheSharkFromJaws wrote:I was just reading a chat from a buddy complaining that the dice system is broken. He lost attacking 8v1. I laughed at him, then I lost in a different game attacking 11v3. There is something wrong.

The system is terrible, it could be a good site if only they would invest some money and upgrade it, I have sat with real dice and tried to imitate the dice system, I have not been able to do it and I will challenge the blind biased people on this site to do it......

Get 19 dice and roll them then get 3 and roll them. I rest my case me lord !!

Postby JESKIER on Tue May 05, 2020 6:35 am

Evil Semp wrote:Just once I would like someone to complain that they have good dice. With all the bad dice how does anyone increase their score?

The program allows you to increase your score, gain a rank but then it turns to losing your score and losing your rank.

And i do complain about the good dice because when i win on stupid rolls it annoys me and its unfair to the person i play against, all i want is a fair and true system not a program where you win gain a rank followed by lose and lose a rank.

Postby JESKIER on Tue May 05, 2020 6:38 am

YukFoo wrote:For every game of shitty dice I play, I get a game of unstoppable dice where I just can't lose!

It generally about averages out over many games, but for damn sure, it is not random.

I cant agree more, and as you say it angers me when i win on unreal rolls

Postby SaviorShot on Tue May 05, 2020 3:06 pm

xoxo
Last edited by SaviorShot on Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel SaviorShot

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue May 05, 2020 3:42 pm

SaviorShot wrote:I just started playing again in March of this year. I didnt play from 2015-2020 and these 2 months haven't been fun due to my attack dice fail all day. It's all good I just play for fun right now an keep it casual but the dice are just not rolling good for me.

mookiemcgee wrote:
SaviorShot wrote:Can someone that works for CC please look into my dice ... I think there broken for real. I cant win a roll the past week. 50-60 active games and I'm rolling nothing but fails for real.

You can see your total battle outcomes under the dice stats. Your total kills are: 256633 Your total losses are 249709... So you are currently beating the odds and getting above average outcomes... Congrats!

If you want to get nit-picky you can look at offense vs defense separately and factor in the attack advantage. TLDR, your roll outcomes are average or slightly above average overall.

I hear you, and I'm not saying the dice are truly random because nothing created by humans is completely random. But even in random systems there are huge swings towards good and bad outcomes in the short and even medium term. In all random systems you can really only look at long term outcomes as a check if your system is working as intended. It is true that in the short term (25 outcomes) your dice have been shitty, but more than likely the next 25 will bring a different outcome. Dice don't 'stay' bad forever... not in this system, and not in a truly random system (it's actually more likely they would stay bad in a truly random system). So stay optimisic and realize this system averages out, so if the dice seem to suck now understand you will go through an equally lucky streak in the future.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue May 05, 2020 3:45 pm

JESKIER wrote:
TheSharkFromJaws wrote:I was just reading a chat from a buddy complaining that the dice system is broken. He lost attacking 8v1. I laughed at him, then I lost in a different game attacking 11v3. There is something wrong.

The system is terrible, it could be a good site if only they would invest some money and upgrade it, I have sat with real dice and tried to imitate the dice system, I have not been able to do it and I will challenge the blind biased people on this site to do it......

Get 19 dice and roll them then get 3 and roll them. I rest my case me lord !!

You realize this isn't how dice in a risk game work right? If you want to re-create it you need to roll 3 vs 2 dice until the defense dice run out. Now do it 100 times and almost certainly the defense will win at least once
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Rotean9 on Fri May 08, 2020 4:18 pm

get this... (this is true) bout five years ago, I was playing ancient Greece. I had 34 men and there were 7 neutrals. I rolled "automatic dice" and lost THIRTY-THREE men. The neutrals lost 4. I thought it was a computer glitch.... Nope. I rolled about 13 ones..... This means that I lost 33 men to 4. That's almost a 9-1 ratio. The enemy must have been on steroids! :)
Sergeant 1st Class Rotean9

Postby Rotean9 on Fri May 08, 2020 8:40 pm

With you, Jeskier. Like to throw the person responsible for the loaded dice to the lions. (or I'll eat them myself). Seriously.... I lose many games in the 1st move like you describe. Sometimes the other player has more men due than me and then they go first.... oh brother. then I roll like -42 when I attack. My dice rolls are 80% in the red. I am in constant fear of bad rolls and it has ruined any strategy i may have. Then sometimes I win every single roll and its no contest. Dice are up and down. Not random. This problem started about a year ago.... Dice USE to be random. Now... they are just consistently fixed. Against some specific players, I can't win ANY key rolls. I will name some... Hans Job, nice scott. I suspect they are cheating somehow, They go first 90% of the time and always get a great drop. Anyways, there is little skill in this game anymore. Just who goes first, dice and cards. I might consider Diplomacy.... CC is still great. The DICE my friend. The DICE. (the horror the horror says Kurz in Apocalypse Now....) :)
Last edited by Rotean9 on Wed May 20, 2020 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Rotean9

Postby berlin1945 on Fri May 08, 2020 10:08 pm

Rotean9 wrote:get this... (this is true) bout five years ago, I was playing ancient Greece. I had 34 men and there were 7 neutrals. I rolled "automatic dice" and lost THIRTY-THREE men. The neutrals lost 4. I thought it was a computer glitch.... Nope. I rolled about 13 ones..... This means that I lost 33 men to 4. That's almost a 9-1 ratio. The enemy must have been on steroids! :)

That game wasn't fixed. it was Sparta!!!!
Major berlin1945

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion