Conquer Club

So...If the dice are Truly Random

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Dice System

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon May 18, 2020 5:52 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Why is it always people ranked sergant or lower that seem to complain the most about dice?

a) they only remember their bad dice runs, get and forget about the good ones. It's a mental trick, in reality they have balanced outcomes.
b) they are playing against people that make better strategic decisions than they do
c) Grand conspiracy against newer/lower ranked players, because the higher ranked players secretly suck and need to cheat the entire system in order to maintain their supremacy.

Everyone can decide for themselves I suppose...

And I think that not being able to see you defensive dice hurts the image of the dice being fair.

Fixed my quote ;) It's also true that if people see something good happen to others they will attribute it to good luck, but tend to only attribute bad things as bad luck to themselves.

It certainly doesn't help, but some people just can't overcome the psychology element. Psychological reversal, confirmation bias among other factors make it really hard for some people to accept things that are proven through math. Some people still think the earth is flat, to them we are all just sheep that don't understand 'the truth'. Can't change everyone's mind, that is a fact.

There a kinda interesting book by Richard Wiseman on luck called The Luck Factor

On the psychology of luck:
https://www.stat.berkeley.edu/users/ald ... tchard.pdf
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Otnal on Tue May 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Ok so it all balances we say...then why is it that I have streaks 3 weeks pretty much all bad then a day or 2 that are great? Also why is it that ONE player you can't win a roll against? I just finished a turn where I had 2 stacks to go against my usual deploy would be (A+B)+7 I went heavy and didn't take 1 let alone both and it's been that way the entire game. Yesterday was my day of balance as you all put it and now I face at least 2 weeks of shit. System is flawed, and yes I am wasting my time as nothing will EVER be done about it............why can't it just be a mediocre medium on dice that are "somewhat" predictable not based on a particular player/time/speed of roll/the alignment of the stars or whatever?
Captain Otnal

Postby Rotean9 on Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 pm

The dice seem to favor high ranked players. At first, I thought it was my imagination. When it happens every time you play a certain player, it becomes clear. It's like Las Vegas...
Last edited by Rotean9 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Rotean9

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 pm

Otnal wrote:Ok so it all balances we say...

then why is it that I have streaks 3 weeks pretty much all bad then a day or 2 that are great?
First of all because you don't. pretty much all bad, is hard to define specifically. If you mean you didn't win one dice roll in three weeks, then I'd say you are lying. If you think you rolled slightly below average, then I would simply suggest if you rolled real dice you would have similar stretches of good and bad. Talk to a professional blackjack player about large swings due to random 'luck'.

Also why is it that ONE player you can't win a roll against?
Because it's only that one player. There is probably at least one other player who you have incredible dice against but your don't really notice because you attribute the wins against them to something other than good luck. Statistically there are going to be some people you do way too well against, and others you do really poorly against. That is just how random is in real life. Talk to a Pro poker player, and they will tell you some specific individuals just seems to catch cards against them on the turn and river. That's just how luck works.

I just finished a turn where I had 2 stacks to go against my usual deploy would be (A+B)+7 I went heavy and didn't take 1 let alone both and it's been that way the entire game.
Yes again, this scenario would almost certainly play out just like this if you were using real dice. You'd probably think the person you were playing against was doing some trick with the way they roll the dice, or cheating somehow. It's only human nature to make this kind of assumptions or questioning why 'rarer' outcomes happen when they do happen.

Yesterday was my day of balance as you all put it and now I face at least 2 weeks of shit.
With that attitude you almost certainly will have 2 weeks of shit.

System is flawed, and yes I am wasting my time as nothing will EVER be done about it............
an example of confirmation bias

why can't it just be a mediocre medium on dice that are "somewhat" predictable not based on a particular player/time/speed of roll/the alignment of the stars or whatever?
So you want a system where you know in advance if you are going to win or not? Where's the fun in that!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm

Rotean9 wrote:Dice are so pathetic most of the time its hard to swallow. Cards are loaded. Certain players have so much luck you want to crush the dice and cards. Some players NEVER lose the key battles or rolls. After you get a promotion, the dice, cards and drops always turn on you until you get demoted again. It's obviously programmed that way. The system is frustrating and unfair. It doesn't reward good play or tactics. LUCK or BAD LUCK dominates most games.

Other than this, there's absolutely nothing wrong with CC at this time.... :(((((

Maybe you should keep your mind open.

Joining a clan or tribe to learn from others what good play or tactics they use might help you expand your game!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby YukFoo on Tue May 19, 2020 9:29 pm

If you look at your dice stats for each individual game, you will clearly see that in some games your dice are unstoppable and you can get by with just the $1.99 cheat code off the dark web, while in other games you couldn't win a 10v1 20 turns in a row with the $9.99 cheat code. Some games you can dominate even without a cheat code when you know for a fact that your opponent purchased at least the $24.99 code.

If you graphed your dice stats, with the game stats for each individual game as a data point, it would look like jagged mountains, up and down up and down. That is not random. That is not "balanced out"! That is the opposite of "balanced out"! That is major swings both ways to the highest degree!

Sure, it "balances out" in terms of relative game win ratio, close to 50:50, but who cares.
Cook YukFoo

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed May 20, 2020 12:20 pm

YukFoo wrote:If you look at your dice stats for each individual game, you will clearly see that in some games your dice are unstoppable and you can get by with just the $1.99 cheat code off the dark web, while in other games you couldn't win a 10v1 20 turns in a row with the $9.99 cheat code. Some games you can dominate even without a cheat code when you know for a fact that your opponent purchased at least the $24.99 code.

If you graphed your dice stats, with the game stats for each individual game as a data point, it would look like jagged mountains, up and down up and down. That is not random. That is not "balanced out"! That is the opposite of "balanced out"! That is major swings both ways to the highest degree!

Sure, it "balances out" in terms of relative game win ratio, close to 50:50, but who cares.

All joking about premium mod dice aside. (It's a running joke because people made complaints about mods and higher ranks having better dice.)

There is good luck and bad luck, no matter how you put it. If I'm playing a game against a player of equal or higher skill, and my dice absolutely crap out on a crucial turn, I now have a higher chance of losing that game. I can still pull it back from the brink, especially if he also has a bad turn, but I now have to be very careful not to make a dumb mistake. Getting a bad roll on a game against a player of lesser skill might not be such a big deal. That's where a lot of the complaints come from and a large percentage of them are unwarranted. Skill and rank are not necessarily synonymous since some great players have low ranks due to playing singles games with a high number of players.

The only time dice are a serious factor are in 1v1 games like classic. There were times I played those and some noob would join, go 3v3 against me across the entire board and win the game in 1 turn. That "noob strategy" very rarely works, but when it does, it doesn't feel good to the loser.

There are rare instances where a game will be completely one-sided one way or the other. It has happened to me too, but I don't dwell on those. Outliers are going to happen. Try rolling some dice. Sometimes you'll get a bunch of 6's in a row, other times you just won't roll a 6 no matter how hard you try. I've played enough physical board games to know that.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby NorthmanII on Tue May 26, 2020 1:53 pm

FYI, same crap continues with spoils. About 85% of the time now for going on 5 weeks I need 5 spoils EVERY TIME to cash. Its utterly ridiculous. It has cost so many games I cant even count. No doubt in my mind this is computer fixed to do this. The math would not allow it over this long a period of time.
Lieutenant NorthmanII

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue May 26, 2020 2:25 pm

lol @ everyone saying computer fixes dice to benefit certain players. so ridiculous (and i bitch about dice with the best of em, dont get me wrong).

some advice that nobody wants or will take...

cards got you down? play no spoils.
dice suck? play poly on a large map, it'll end up close to even and you might learn some things.
make poor in game decisions then blame the dice? can't help you there. maybe play teams with a better player as your teammate?
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby riskllama on Tue May 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:maybe play teams with a better player as your teammate?

ah, yes - Mod Edit: (Razorvich)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby BabySasuke on Tue May 26, 2020 4:28 pm

probability bears no memory - Furio
Captain BabySasuke

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 pm

riskllama wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:maybe play teams with a better player as your teammate?

ah, yes - aka "the Mod Edit method".

hypocrite lol
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby cdbridges on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:44 am

I mostly get amazing dice. If I weren't such an incompetent player I'd be at least a general.
Major cdbridges

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:42 am

cdbridges wrote:I mostly get amazing dice. If I weren't such an incompetent player I'd be at least a general.

=D> =D> =D>
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby DBandit70 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:12 am

my dice in the pass have ranged for losing 26 on 2 to winning a 6 on 33 both of which are impossible outcomes
Major DBandit70

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:06 am

NOT impossible, JUS very unlikely

DBandit70 wrote:my dice in the pass have ranged for losing 26 on 2 to winning a 6 on 33 both of which are impossible outcomes
Major jusplay4fun

Postby DBandit70 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:08 am

jusplay4fun wrote:NOT impossible, JUS very unlikely

DBandit70 wrote:my dice in the pass have ranged for losing 26 on 2 to winning a 6 on 33 both of which are impossible outcomes

I've had 2 straight days of nothing but bad dice not possible to have happen
Major DBandit70

Re: So...If the dice are Truly Random

Postby NorthmanII on Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:47 pm

I'm sorry but the dice states are COMPLETE BS. I just watched a player run right over me. He had 17 troops against my 7 and he lost 3. As soon as his turn was over I went to my dice stats and it said in my last 5 and 10 rolls defending I was in the positive. OK then how was the last five offensive rolls against me in the Negative. This site is basically about 30% strategy and about 70% luck. Please don't try and convince me otherwise. 10 years on this site has proven to me this is the case.
Lieutenant NorthmanII

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:14 pm

NorthmanII wrote:I'm sorry but the dice states are COMPLETE BS. I just watched a player run right over me. He had 17 troops against my 7 and he lost 3. As soon as his turn was over I went to my dice stats and it said in my last 5 and 10 rolls defending I was in the positive. OK then how was the last five offensive rolls against me in the Negative. This site is basically about 30% strategy and about 70% luck. Please don't try and convince me otherwise. 10 years on this site has proven to me this is the case.

Who was the player?
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby berlin1945 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:57 pm

NorthmanII wrote:I'm sorry but the dice states are COMPLETE BS. I just watched a player run right over me. He had 17 troops against my 7 and he lost 3. As soon as his turn was over I went to my dice stats and it said in my last 5 and 10 rolls defending I was in the positive. OK then how was the last five offensive rolls against me in the Negative. This site is basically about 30% strategy and about 70% luck. Please don't try and convince me otherwise. 10 years on this site has proven to me this is the case.

I have noticed that too. The latest roll dice stats have NO relation to what actually happens in the game. You can roll all reds on your turn, yet the dice stats will show that you were in the green. I don't believe them at all.
Major berlin1945

Postby YukFoo on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:34 pm

berlin1945 wrote:

I have noticed that too. The latest roll dice stats have NO relation to what actually happens in the game. You can roll all reds on your turn, yet the dice stats will show that you were in the green. I don't believe them at all.

Don't worry boys, it all "evens out"!
Cook YukFoo

Postby riskllama on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 pm

a wise man once said, "there are no shit dice, only shit players".
Lieutenant riskllama

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion