Conquer Club

Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby loutil on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55 am

rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:
macbone wrote:Well, I mean to make your moves. You'd still get your bonus and everything. =)

If you know in advance what move or moves you wish to make then your macro can be programmed to do that as well. At least theoretically as I have not attempted to auto script a move...

I'd be surprised if anyone actually did this... a small, weighted object would do the trick with a lot less effort... and once again this is in reference to casual fs (generally farming) and speed fs where this macro has no use...

I would not be surprised at all as I find people will take advantage of whatever tools they can. Further, while you may be correct, I can see the value of a macro even in speed fs as it allows me to move quicker than you. If every tenth of a second matters having a macro making some of your moves or deployments would in fact give you an edge.
I have personally seen the effects of macros in other online games so I find it hard to believe that the CC community is above using tools to help them win.
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:
macbone wrote:Well, I mean to make your moves. You'd still get your bonus and everything. =)

If you know in advance what move or moves you wish to make then your macro can be programmed to do that as well. At least theoretically as I have not attempted to auto script a move...

I'd be surprised if anyone actually did this... a small, weighted object would do the trick with a lot less effort... and once again this is in reference to casual fs (generally farming) and speed fs where this macro has no use...

I would not be surprised at all as I find people will take advantage of whatever tools they can. Further, while you may be correct, I can see the value of a macro even in speed fs as it allows me to move quicker than you. If every tenth of a second matters hin other game settingsving a macro making some of your moves or deployments would in fact give you an edge.
I have personally seen the effects of macros in other online games so I find it hard to believe that the CC community is above using tools to help them win.

I'm not even disputing your point as to whether or not people use these... I'm not educated enough on the subject, and i could see an application in casual fs.... where u are simply incorrect, however, is its perceived benefit in speed fs...I don't use these programs u speak of, I've played all top current fs players and most top all time fs players, and no one is faster than I am... a few are just as fast. And even if they used such a program? It would have little if any affect on the outcome of a game as far as speed fs is concerned... this is a fact.. btw, if someone were to use said program? I'd have noticed.... i havnt, so I'm going to operate under the assumtion that your thinly veiled assertion that people are using "cheat" programs in speed fs games is frivolous but will not comment on whether people HAVE EVER, or do use them in other game settings because I simply don't know, and neither do you for that matter...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby KraphtOne on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 pm

well then prepare to be surprised...

well, maybe not... cause since its illegal nobody would ever actually admit to it...

and since its not possible to prove someone is doing this... there's no reason to ever admit to it...

i have the objective? well mr. auto-typer press b infinity times for me while i go bang my sister (or whatever people do)...

i have a huge bonus? well mr. auto-typer press b 10 times then right click exactly here then press e 5 times... and repeat whilst i bang my sister (or perform heart surgery or, well you get the point)

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=Auto+Typer+And+Auto+Clicker&searchtype=downloads
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby loutil on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:35 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:

I would not be surprised at all as I find people will take advantage of whatever tools they can. Further, while you may be correct, I can see the value of a macro even in speed fs as it allows me to move quicker than you. If every tenth of a second matters hin other game settingsving a macro making some of your moves or deployments would in fact give you an edge.

I'm not even disputing your point as to whether or not people use these... I'm not educated enough on the subject, and i could see an application in casual fs.... where u are simply incorrect, however, is its perceived benefit in speed fs...I don't use these programs u speak of, I've played all top current fs players and most top all time fs players, and no one is faster than I am... a few are just as fast. And even if they used such a program? It would have little if any affect on the outcome of a game as far as speed fs is concerned... this is a fact.. btw, if someone were to use said program? I'd have noticed.... i havnt, so I'm going to operate under the assumtion that your thinly veiled assertion that people are using "cheat" programs in speed fs games is frivolous but will not comment on whether people HAVE EVER, or do use them in other game settings because I simply don't know, and neither do you for that matter...

We can kindly agree to disagree :)... You admit you are not educated on the subject yet make declarative statements that you would know if someone was using a macro. While a macro may not be as effective against someone as fast as you, how effective would they be against a player of average speed? For the record, I never specifically said people were using them in speed fs games. I only stated how and why it may be used and my general understanding of human nature which suggests people would use them.
Further, I did not make any thinly veiled assertion. I stated from the beginning that it is my understanding that some players use macros when playing freestyle. I made this statement as more than one player has directly discussed this subject with me knowing I have created scripts for this game. The players in question were either already designing said macros or were looking for help in designing them. It is my opinion, and it is only an opinion, that players do in fact use macros to help them win games. As I am not familiar with the rules on this I will not chime in as to their legitimacy.
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:48 pm

KraphtOne wrote:well then prepare to be surprised...

well, maybe not... cause since its illegal nobody would ever actually admit to it...

and since its not possible to prove someone is doing this... there's no reason to ever admit to it...

i have the objective? well mr. auto-typer press b infinity times for me while i go bang my sister (or whatever people do)...

i have a huge bonus? well mr. auto-typer press b 10 times then right click exactly here then press e 5 times... and repeat whilst i bang my sister (or perform heart surgery or, well you get the point)

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=Auto+Typer+And+Auto+Clicker&searchtype=downloads

Like I said K... don't know wtf I'm talking about... but this casual fs nonsense of which I have no interest... you cant see this being relevant to speed fs, can you?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:54 pm

loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
loutil wrote:

We can kindly agree to disagree :)... You admit you are not educated on the subject yet make declarative statements that you would know if someone was using a macro. While a macro may not be as effective against someone as fast as you, how effective would they be against a player of average speed? For the record, I never specifically said people were using them in speed fs games. I only stated how and why it may be used and my general understanding of human nature which suggests people would use them.
Further, I did not make any thinly veiled assertion. I stated from the beginning that it is my understanding that some players use macros when playing freestyle. I made this statement as more than one player has directly discussed this subject with me knowing I have created scripts for this game. The players in question were either already designing said macros or were looking for help in designing them. It is my opinion, and it is only an opinion, that players do in fact use macros to help them win games. As I am not familiar with the rules on this I will not chime in as to their legitimacy.

Really, the only point I was trying to make is they would be of little use in speed fs... someone who actually plays speed fs AND has knowledge of these macros and there use would have to explain to me how they'd be benefitial because I can't see it...

Krapht? Something to add here?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby loutil on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Having never actually played speed fs I can only speculate as to the value of macros. What I do know is that they can perform tasks quicker than if you were manually doing the same task. So if there is an advantage to starting your turn or placing your troops quicker than your opponent then there might be an advantage to using a macro. That is at the simplest level.
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby KraphtOne on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:16 pm

you could theoretically use it in a situation like feudal war...

i do the clicks and such like i would want to do to make my troops go from one castle to another, and then when the time is right i push go...

it will do it faster than i could ever do it...

the only problem is, you know... internet... the macro would probably do it faster than the screen could keep up (like 5 moves a second)... so you'd end up with errors and illegal attacks and what have you...

long story short, no this is not useful in speed games... kinda like my boy loutil...
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:18 pm

loutil wrote:Having never actually played speed fs I can only speculate as to the value of macros. What I do know is that they can perform tasks quicker than if you were manually doing the same task. So if there is an advantage to starting your turn or placing your troops quicker than your opponent then there might be an advantage to using a macro. That is at the simplest level.

I considered that... and I suppose a slower player playing another relatively slow player might garner some sort of advantage? But I see it as pointless against any top fs player... sure... it might start his turn a milisecond faster than I can mashing the b key, but the only situation that this would matter is a head to head auto on manual deploy... and every fast player I've played with this situation, whoever deploys first is able to start turn, drop, and auto first.. I've never started my turn first and didn't get off the auto unless I spazzed out for some reason and mis-clicked... and that has nothing to do with a program.. as for the rest of the gameplay on speed fs? Cant see it as useful... maybe someone can tell me what I'm missing..
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby loutil on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:38 pm

KraphtOne wrote:you could theoretically use it in a situation like feudal war...

i do the clicks and such like i would want to do to make my troops go from one castle to another, and then when the time is right i push go...

the only problem is, you know... internet... the macro would probably do it faster than the screen could keep up (like 5 moves a second)... so you'd end up with errors and illegal attacks and what have you...

long story short, no this is not useful in speed games... kinda like my boy loutil...

:D ...I suspect I am older than you so likely not your boy.
Macros can be set to any speed you like. Just sayin...
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 pm

loutil wrote:
KraphtOne wrote:you could theoretically use it in a situation like feudal war...

:D ...I suspect I am older than you so likely not your boy.
Macros can be set to any speed you like. Just sayin...

exactly... so if you slowed it down to not have the illegal attacks/errors that K-one speaks of, you're back to normal fast fs player speed... so again.. pointless...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Gonakuruto on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:22 pm

this hole speed freestyle discussion in a subject about overall best CC players is a joke. It mostly depends on connection, as optimal strategy is in any case known to the absolute best players. Then it's a matter of clicking faster to first inflict maximum damage, thus inserting the luck factor (will my click prevail in speed than yours). Even if I undestand the game's strategy better, what to do when I get by bonus attacked before I even move?
Speed fs is only for fun and should be totally left aside when discussing overall best play.
Overall best play can't exlude half the players because they dont live in America.
Europeans and in general non-Americans stand no chance in speed fs, and by that logic, have no entitlement for overall best players :O
Best strategy is measured in fair conditions for both sides.
In chess there is also the concept of the best player in the world, the world champion or no1 rated in FIDE rankings. There, fast chess (blitz & rapid) have seperate championships and the prestige of the winner of the world blitz champion is nothing compared to the normal world champion. Noone even knows who won the world blitz or world rapid championship. But even the rocks know who is the classical chess world champion.
Colonel Gonakuruto

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Gonakuruto wrote:this hole speed freestyle discussion in a subject about overall best CC players is a joke. It mostly depends on connection, as optimal strategy is in any case known to the absolute best players. Then it's a matter of clicking faster to first inflict maximum damage, thus inserting the luck factor (will my click prevail in speed than yours). Even if I undestand the game's strategy better, what to do when I get by bonus attacked before I even move?
Speed fs is only for fun and should be totally left aside when discussing overall best play.
Overall best play can't exlude half the players because they dont live in America.
Europeans and in general non-Americans stand no chance in speed fs, and by that logic, have no entitlement for overall best players :O
Best strategy is measured in fair conditions for both sides.
In chess there is also the concept of the best player in the world, the world champion or no1 rated in FIDE rankings. There, fast chess (blitz & rapid) have seperate championships and the prestige of the winner of the world blitz champion is nothing compared to the normal world champion. Noone even knows who won the world blitz or world rapid championship. But even the rocks know who is the classical chess world champion.

you're silly

and you're a nerd for knowing so much about chess....
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Mageplunka69 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 pm

I can deadlift rhp and kraft on my back while eating a orange
Major Mageplunka69

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 pm

loutil wrote:

This will never exist on CC. It was done in the past and the author was told to scrap it. CC does not want this or ever will. If someone wants to cheat the system, please feel free to make this script. Make multis while you are at it also!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:13 pm

And if you are wondering what I am talking about...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=72079&hilit=mothballed

Postby grifftron on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:54 am

Even though I really like AON.. And I WILL give him an honorable mention because he deserves it, I am going to have to go with KLOBBER as strongest overall play on CC.

He could rip players apart on Circus Maximus like I never seen in my life, and I am sure he had other favorites too... no one will ever compare to his greatness!

Game 2976551

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby macbone on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:48 am

Gonakuruto, very good point about chess. The ability to react quickly is great in blitz chess, but that's not the focus in the chess world. It's not even the main focus of chess sites, though they usually have blitz chess as well.

Total active and complete games on CC: 11,242,161

Active and complete 24-hour games on CC: 8,027,491

Active and complete speed games: 3,214,654

Active and complete freestyle 24-hour games: 1,199,801

Active and complete freestyle speed games: 585,730

While freestyle speed games are an important part of the site, they only represent about 5% of the total games played.

(Full disclosure: I've played only one speed freestyle game, and I was eliminated before I could even play. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 am

Bruceswar wrote:
loutil wrote:

This will never exist on CC. It was done in the past and the author was told to scrap it. CC does not want this or ever will. If someone wants to cheat the system, please feel free to make this script. Make multis while you are at it also!

You think just because the people who use them are smart enough not to admit it, that means they aren't using them?

Feel free to compile a list of the top baseball players in the 90s who didn't use steroids.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
loutil wrote:

You think just because the people who use them are smart enough not to admit it, that means they aren't using them?

Feel free to compile a list of the top baseball players in the 90s who didn't use steroids.

Tons... Nobody is using such a script. As a long time freestyle vet, they would not last long using it. We are a close community and they would be outed quickly.

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:44 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
loutil wrote:

Tons... Nobody is using such a script. As a long time freestyle vet, they would not last long using it. We are a close community and they would be outed quickly.

+1
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby betiko on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:57 am

i heard whambot is using some scrypt cheats.
Major betiko

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:37 am

grifftron wrote:Even though I really like AON.. And I WILL give him an honorable mention because he deserves it, I am going to have to go with KLOBBER as strongest overall play on CC.

He could rip players apart on Circus Maximus like I never seen in my life, and I am sure he had other favorites too... no one will ever compare to his greatness!

Game 2976551

-griff

You're trying to be funny I take it?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Mr Changsha on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 am

rhp 1 wrote:
grifftron wrote:Even though I really like AON.. And I WILL give him an honorable mention because he deserves it, I am going to have to go with KLOBBER as strongest overall play on CC.

Game 2976551

-griff

Amusingly Klobber (who I also liked) would do well under laughingcavalier's measure of the greatest player. TIME....without question. REPUTATION...well we all still remember him!
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:46 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

Game 2976551

-griff

Amusingly Klobber (who I also liked) would do well under laughingcavalier's measure of the greatest player. TIME....without question. REPUTATION...well we all still remember him!

Ha.. well said... I guess reputation should be contextual (as far as laughing's criteria is concerned
Lieutenant rhp 1

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion