Conquer Club

Dice?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Dice?

Postby jdw35 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:54 pm

What are the odds that you go 2-12 when you roll a 14v8, then lose a 7v1, then lose two 5v1's, and then another 6v1?

I sure feel bad for whoever I play next...
Major jdw35

Postby loutil on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

demonfork wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
demonfork wrote:Is losing Graham's number vs 1 impossible?

Yes.

What is the smallest number vs 1 that would be impossible to lose?

There is no such number. No matter how large the number there will still be a probability of losing. 35 vs 1 is a .9999999999999998 probability. Impressively unlikely and yet still possible. You could extend to .99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999998. You could roll non stop for 1 million years and likely not see that outcome and yet still possible. :mrgreen:
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby demonfork on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm

loutil wrote:
demonfork wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Yes.

There is no such number. No matter how large the number there will still be a probability of losing. 35 vs 1 is a .9999999999999998 probability. Impressively unlikely and yet still possible. You could extend to .99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999998. You could roll non stop for 1 million years and likely not see that outcome and yet still possible. :mrgreen:

So you believe that it's possible to lose Graham's number vs 1?
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:39 am

Is Graham's number kind of like that stone that's so heavy not even God can lift it? Cuz, that's what it sounds like.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:19 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Is Graham's number kind of like that stone that's so heavy not even God can lift it? Cuz, that's what it sounds like.

Yeah, it's a hypothetical number used in some ridiculously abstract math. Apparently it's so large that if every subatomic particle in our universe would be used to write a binary digit for Graham's number, there would not be enough particles in our universe. You can see the ridiculousness of discussing whether it can or cannot be beaten.

Most people on this site have dice rolls within comprehensible limits. The dude I was quoting yesterday has two and a half million rolls, and he's played a very large number of games. Maybe there will eventually be a Conquer Club addict that will reach a billion rolls. I don't think anyone will ever reach any of those ridiculous numbers like googols or anything like that.

Talking about whether a Graham's number of dice can beat a one belongs on an abstract math discussion board. Here on CC, we can talk in thousands or millions or at most billions.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:17 am

That's what I thought. Time to put a fork in it, demon.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby degaston on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:58 am

Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:...Maybe there will eventually be a Conquer Club addict that will reach a billion rolls. I don't think anyone will ever reach any of those ridiculous numbers like googols or anything like that.

Talking about whether a Graham's number of dice can beat a one belongs on an abstract math discussion board. Here on CC, we can talk in thousands or millions or at most billions.

Even 1 billion is pretty ridiculous to talk about. Mageplunka69 has played more games than anyone else on the site, and has rolled 4.2 million times in the 2241 days he's been here. At his current rate of 1882 rolls per day, it will take him 1448 more years to reach 1 billion rolls.

I don't know how old he is, but if he wanted to reach 1 billion rolls in just 80 years, he'd have to start rolling about 34000 times per day.
universalchiro wrote:@degaston: whatever dude you win, you have it all figured out. You have out smarted even God.
Brigadier degaston

Postby loutil on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:47 am

demonfork wrote:
loutil wrote:
demonfork wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Yes.

So you believe that it's possible to lose Graham's number vs 1?

Since you want to expand into theoretical absurdity I will answer. Yes, it is possible. If you have any understanding of statistics and probability you would not have to ask that question. Even when considering g64 8-)
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby universalchiro on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:43 pm

The only universe it's possible is the make believe world on paper & pencil and calculator and literature about it should be found in the sci-fi section. In reality its so unlikely that its impossible.

Dice don't build on prior outcomes in reality. They don't remember what the prior outcome was. But here in the fictional world of "random" dice, someone tell me why my defensive dice is awesome and my attack dice stinks? Its a backwards Mad World.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ChrisPond on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:00 pm

universalchiro wrote:The only universe it's possible is the make believe world on paper & pencil and calculator and literature about it should be found in the sci-fi section. In reality its so unlikely that its impossible.

Dice don't build on prior outcomes in reality. They don't remember what the prior outcome was. But here in the fictional world of "random" dice, someone tell me why my defensive dice is awesome and my attack dice stinks? Its a backwards Mad World.

i can only speak for our current game together.

my troops in conquer rome art busy pillaging artifacts and raping the female population and are really just having a good time in the lands they have all ready conquered and owned. no way they are going to be conquered by an invading army so your attack dice will suffer when you attack me. on the other hand, when given the order to expand and attack, they drown their sorrows in their beer as they are really quite content where they are. so my attacking army is a depressed and drunk and don't realize there are more lands to conquer and control. thus your great defensive dice...which in reality, yours are average and my offensive dice are just bad. bunch of savages if you ask me...i am considering some propoganda at the moment to motivate my troops. any ideas?

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby degaston on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:06 pm

universalchiro wrote:The only universe it's possible is the make believe world on paper & pencil and calculator and literature about it should be found in the sci-fi section. In reality its so unlikely that its impossible.

If you look at your actual battle outcomes, you'd see that for 3v2 battles (which make up 77% of your battles), you're outperforming the expected win rate on both offense and defense.
universalchiro wrote:@degaston: whatever dude you win, you have it all figured out. You have out smarted even God.
Brigadier degaston

Postby universalchiro on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:59 pm

ChrisPond wrote:

my troops in conquer rome art busy pillaging artifacts and raping the female population and are really just having a good time in the lands they have all ready conquered and owned. no way they are going to be conquered by an invading army so your attack dice will suffer when you attack me. on the other hand, when given the order to expand and attack, they drown their sorrows in their beer as they are really quite content where they are. so my attacking army is a depressed and drunk and don't realize there are more lands to conquer and control. thus your great defensive dice...which in reality, yours are average and my offensive dice are just bad. bunch of savages if you ask me...i am considering some propoganda at the moment to motivate my troops. any ideas?

I can only speak regarding our Conquer Rome game: I believe my attacking troops are blue with envy. But they should realize that your defensive troops are green behind the ears. Since its hard for our General to change the mindset of our troops that have a yellow spine and stricken with fear of bloody red, and we can't outwit your two worthy Generals, all we can do is send more spies to paint your 6's to 1's and keep sending you more beer.

You want an idea how to motivate your troops? Give them deadlines. Tell them if they don't get their act together they will be laying dead in a line.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ChrisPond on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:30 pm

universalchiro wrote:
ChrisPond wrote:

I can only speak regarding our Conquer Rome game: I believe my attacking troops are blue with envy. But they should realize that your defensive troops are green behind the ears. Since its hard for our General to change the mindset of our troops that have a yellow spine and stricken with fear of bloody red, and we can't outwit your two worthy Generals, all we can do is send more spies to paint your 6's to 1's and keep sending you more beer.

You want an idea how to motivate your troops? Give them deadlines. Tell them if they don't get their act together they will be laying dead in a line.

you must have not gotten the memo...I have been demoted to Brigadier. General Pond showed up on the battlefield in ancient Greece and demanded to know where his legions were. Benclub quickly wiped me out. trying to regain my promotion by showing my butcher skills currently. Star looks so much better than the wings....

Colonel ChrisPond

Postby universalchiro on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:15 pm

your rank got demoted, your skill is still 5star quality. We won't be fooled by your new found sheep clothing, nor will we address you other than General. If we played you 10 times, we would be happy winning 4 & that's even with my cheat code. So in order to help us win against you & loutil, our army has been instructed to use nerve gas on your troops and risk illegal war crimes. Right now your troops are having their brains melted away. Muahaha
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby loutil on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:21 pm

universalchiro wrote:your rank got demoted, your skill is still 5star quality. We won't be fooled by your new found sheep clothing, nor will we address you other than General. If we played you 10 times, we would be happy winning 4 & that's even with my cheat code. So in order to help us win against you & loutil, our army has been instructed to use nerve gas on your troops and risk illegal war crimes. Right now your troops are having their brains melted away. Muahaha

The least you could do is offer some consolation for the soon to be vanquished. I would accept that cheat code of yours :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby universalchiro on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 am

Only on two conditions:
1. I get to pick the prettiest single woman in your village to be my wife.
2. 100 cattle, 500 sheep & 1,000 chickens.
Oh and you have to buy me a cheeseburger, fries & soda.

By the way, when I finally cracked the code, when I got inside the vault and looked around, you would be surprised how many and who I saw in there already settled in nice and toasty roasting dogs on an open fire. All comfy as though they have been there awhile.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jltile1 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 am

universalchiro wrote:Only on two conditions:

By the way, when I finally cracked the code, when I got inside the vault and looked around, you would be surprised how many and who I saw in there already settled in nice and toasty roasting dogs on an open fire. All comfy as though they have been there awhile.

stay on topic its not about your game
Major jltile1

Postby ChrisPond on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 am

jltile1 wrote:
universalchiro wrote:Only on two conditions:

stay on topic its not about your game

who the fuc# is this? it is about our game. try and stay on topic. though i will give you points for making me laugh.

and i hear accusations about people hacking the dice all the time....is this really possible? i admit i am an idiot when it comes to computers (i dig in the dirt all day and move boulders around....oh, i mean i tell people how to dig in the dirt and move rocks around all day) and i really find it hard to believe you can hack the dice here.

chiro...

1. you can have the "prettiest". i will take the rest.
2. livestock...no problem. we will kill a peasant farmer (or a few ) in your name and you will have them.
3. i will have one of the servants prepare your meal...soda is a bit tough as i am not sure we can do the whole carbonation thing. how about a beer?

now lay down your bow and spears and give us our well deserved victory

Colonel ChrisPond

Postby universalchiro on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:26 am

Looky here Prospector, we are on topic, we are talking about dice with parables.
Oh how the gavel is quick though seeing they dont see and hearing they don't hear. But its all good brother for we pull the rope in the same direction more often than not :)

@the one who turns mundane plats into insane fountains of joy:
I take the prettiest (inside & out) and you take the rest? DEAL!
I won't lay down my bow, no dice., but you'll be happy to know my quiver is empty. I gave all my arrows to yellow,. Which means it could be dicey for ya'll.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby loutil on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:26 am

@ the bone crusher...
Prettiest on the inside and out implies you want 2 girls. Sounds a bit greedy to me :mrgreen: .
I could go further as it appears you have given your "arrow" to yellow as well. As she did not reject your offer she must be part of your promiscuous lifestyle. Dicey indeed :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 am

I feel some are rather confused about the meaning of 'impossible'. Now I know the slack-jawed amongst us may well like to create their own definitions of words, however I think google's is pretty good: Not able to occur, exist, or be done.

I haven't rolled near as many dice as the OP, but I have seen some freakish results in my time. Pretty sure I have lost 10 on a 1 before, I know I have killed 16 without loss as well. The most ludicrous dice I have ever encountered was 5 vs.13 (over 4 regions) bloodless.

But you see when these things happen to me I tend to think "Wow..that was extremely unlikely" rather than "That is fucking impossible give me my money back CC etc etc". It isn't impossible...it is just extremely improbable.

So yes if you roll millions of dice then you are increasing the chance of walking into some mad results. Personally, I would be much more suspicious if this forum was full of threads about how the dice are 'good' on CC. That would properly put the integrity of the game into question!

Finally (GD cheers!), the most interesting phenomenon related to 'bonkers dice threads' is that the OPs never, never ever, mention their positive dice rolls. It is always the negative ones that stick in their memories. Now me, being more well-balanced than a chinese gymnast, I remember the positives as well as the negatives.

That's why I am 'better' than Kraphtone (as in I have a much larger penis).
Colonel Mr Changsha

Re: continuation of chat from Game 13956064

Postby ChrisPond on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:37 pm

loutil wrote:@ the bone crusher...
Prettiest on the inside and out implies you want 2 girls. Sounds a bit greedy to me :mrgreen: .
I could go further as it appears you have given your "arrow" to yellow as well. As she did not reject your offer she must be part of your promiscuous lifestyle. Dicey indeed :lol: :lol: :lol: .

universalchiro wrote:Looky here Prospector, we are on topic, we are talking about dice with parables.
Oh how the gavel is quick though seeing they dont see and hearing they don't hear. But its all good brother for we pull the rope in the same direction more often than not :)

@the one who turns mundane plats into insane fountains of joy:
I take the prettiest (inside & out) and you take the rest? DEAL!
I won't lay down my bow, no dice., but you'll be happy to know my quiver is empty. I gave all my arrows to yellow,. Which means it could be dicey for ya'll.

ok...i took care of the part about being "off topic". thread subject has now been changed.

and i propose we play a quads game together after the doubs game. having to much fun with this one.

Colonel ChrisPond

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:10 pm

with this stupid dice
the solution is
do nothing, dont attack,
just stack, until u have only single opps around you
will that work?

what about the botgames
are the dice against the bots in the statistics too?
why do we want dice to " even out" ?
if its random?
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby jdw35 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:04 pm

So what I am wondering is if the mods are doing anything to better the dice program we have now. It is obvious that many people are not satisfied with the current "random" dice, so what is being done about it? You could pull up dozens of GD threads complaining about/ explaining the dice, but how do we fix it? Who would end up making the executive decision? Is there any way to beta test a new dice system? Also, how does CC's dice program match up with other sites similar to this? I know I'm not the only one who has these questions...
Major jdw35

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:22 pm

jdw35 wrote:So what I am wondering is if the mods are doing anything to better the dice program we have now. It is obvious that many people are not satisfied with the current "random" dice, so what is being done about it? You could pull up dozens of GD threads complaining about/ explaining the dice, but how do we fix it? Who would end up making the executive decision? Is there any way to beta test a new dice system? Also, how does CC's dice program match up with other sites similar to this? I know I'm not the only one who has these questions...

you're not.. what's worse, even with truly random dice, there will always be these threads... bad beats (which will happen frequently, and the more often the more you play) will always drive people here to complain
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion