Conquer Club

How much improvement do you see?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

With regards to lag and the new servers (Oct 12) which one best describes your experience?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:30 am

Total votes : 0

Re: How much improvement do you see?

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:43 pm

TheRealToff wrote:Seems to be faster in games but also getting a few time out messages - is this to do with Adverts???

It shouldn't.

One thing that helps in many cases is to clear your cache any time the site makes a major change. Changes bring bugs. The developers hunt down the bugs, often quite quickly, but their remnants have a tendency to hang about in your browser cache.

I know it sounds like a broken record ('clear your cache, clear your cache, clear your cache') but it really is the single most important thing you can do at your end.

There's also your DNS cache, which TeeGee referenced here:Subject: communication timed out

TeeGee wrote:It is happening to the smallest proportion of players and appears to be with caching issues, either on your machine, or your internet provider. Conquer Club has new servers, new hosting, so it means the website has a new IP address also.

A few things you can try

1) clear your browser cache - you can find instructions on google, or if you post your browser here (please include browser number) and I will get instructions for you

2) Clear your computers DNS cache - instructions - https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

3) reboot your modem

If you are still having issues, please post here (and send me a PM)

I've also heard at least one person who has been tracking the change that European members are having a harder time than members elsewhere. Don't know yet if this is an actual problem or just sampling error. Still, clear your caches and then see.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby bazmac on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:10 am

when it's running well, it's good, but having said that it used to be good, and then ..........so if it ain't broke stop fixing it!
BAZMAC AKA KENNY!
Corporal bazmac

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:19 am

bazmac wrote:when it's running well, it's good, but having said that it used to be good, and then ..........so if it ain't broke stop fixing it!

It was broken though, keep up.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Ffraid on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:46 am

Dukasaur wrote:I've also heard at least one person who has been tracking the change that European members are having a harder time than members elsewhere. Don't know yet if this is an actual problem or just sampling error. Still, clear your caches and then see.

It wasn't just European, South Africa and New Zealand were also on that list. But Serbia and iamatoolshed, who is apparently having major problems, are both in the U.S. so I think it was just a sampling error. This cache clearing thing sounds promising, though!
Colonel Ffraid

Postby the warrior65 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:52 am

I have much more popups "server time outs" in every game I played. Conquer Club is much slower for me.
Brigadier the warrior65

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:28 pm

the amount of times out i get is ridiculous, never had that before the update.
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Thursday night there was a separate problem that was encountered / addressed.
(Roughly 2400-0100 CCT)
That particular issue shouldn't be encountered again, we will keep watching for any problems now that we have made the transition .
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Do you see improvement?

Postby BoganGod on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:17 pm

This thread title is biased and not helpful. Sticky privs should be withdrawn kiddo.

Not much change in games, not game to play speed. Random forum pages will take a lot longer to load.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby mosquito7777 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:07 am

I did not have any problems or time lag before (though sometimes I experienced poor reception and might have to attempt taking a turn numerous times; this may have been more a service provider problem rather than from CC....though of course it could have been due CC set~up). However, since the recent CC adjustments, I am experiencing noticeable time lag on all of my games turns.
Corporal mosquito7777

Postby codierose on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:16 am

dice still scrap
Lieutenant codierose

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:07 pm

The forums were terrible earlier.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby willedtowin1 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Initializing Conquer Club Super Cosmic Mega Sprinklers With Sparkles!
Game loading sucks big time now
they wont even load..... been waiting for minutes =/
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby BoganGod on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Every attack takes seconds to complete. Pages take longer to load. Yes have cleared cache, tried different browsers. Tried different wi fi networks, and connected via cable. All around update fail.

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:52 pm

BoganGod wrote:Every attack takes seconds to complete. Pages take longer to load. Yes have cleared cache, tried different browsers. Tried different wi fi networks, and connected via cable. All around update fail.

Certainly sounds like a fail from your point of view. Not from everybody's, though. The poll has had enough votes that I think it's significant, and it shows about 65% of the users having a significantly better experience since the server upgrade, about 15% seeing little or no difference, and about 20% having a worse experience.

(Incidentally, I apologise for not having an option for "significantly WORSE experience". In all fairness, that should have been one of the options. I'm not going to change it now, though, because these polls reset with every change, and I don't want to lose the data we already have. I will make the conservative assumption that the bulk of the people who voted "I see no improvement" have suffered through site performance that is worse than before.)

So, that's where we are at. Two-thirds of the members have gotten faster speeds (some are talking about "blazing fast" and being able to play speed games for the first time in a long time!) Still, one-fifth of the members are suffering through a decline in performance, and that is waaaay too many to dismiss as sampling error or coincidence or anything like that. There is definitely a serious problem there.

I'm one of the lucky ones who ended up with better performance, but I'm not insensitive to anyone who got the opposite. I know what it's like to suffer through bad lag! Prior to this upgrade, I had some real "Bang forehead on keyboard" days. Anyway, the BW and his people are working on trying to find solutions. They know there's a problem, but they don't yet have a solution. As a non-techie I can't do anything to help, except to assure you that the 20% are not forgotten, and I can feel your pain.

There's several threads in the Bugs forum, and there's an announcement from BW at the top of it: Subject: General Guidance for Bug Diagnosis If you are inclined to help, try to extract some console logs from the situations where you have repeated problems, and post them. Maybe the piece of the puzzle that you provide will be the one that allows them to finally figure out the problem.

Speaking to the 65%, I'm thrilled. Speaking to the 20%, I very honestly sympathize. Bad lag is one of the most annoying things one can experience on the Internet.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby JELO on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:51 am

hello,
significant improvements in the game
but at certain times the response times are still long
Accuracy I'm in France

Bonjour,
des améliorations sensibles dans le jeu
mais à certains horaires les temps de réponse restent longs
Précision je suis en France
Lieutenant JELO

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:37 am

apparently the STICKY button still works... :shock: :shock: :shock: ...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:27 pm

The_Samurai wrote:Overall faster clicking in games (so an improvement since lagging was observed at every click before), except that every 10 clicks or so the page lags and I have to stop and reload the page :( So not running smoothly completely. Wouldn't play speed or freestyle.

This is what I would 100% agree with as my experience.
show: My CC
Captain morleyjoe

Postby JESKIER on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 pm

I didn't have any problems before, but now im getting so many, my screen freezes and times out, i end up having to close the window and open a new one to continue a turn. Not so good when playing in speed games.
What can I do to improve this ?
Jeskier :?:
Sergeant 1st Class JESKIER

Postby Viper3910 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:16 pm

The speed has improved, but there is an "auto logout" function that occurs much sooner than before. Not impressed with the new dashboard interface so I went back to the original one.
Sergeant 1st Class Viper3910

Postby momopost on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 am

Yes, it is very annoying to have to keep logging in time and and time again. I fail to see how this is improvement, but I guess it is. It's just me ... not understanding (again).
General momopost

Postby Armandolas on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am

JESKIER wrote:I didn't have any problems before, but now im getting so many, my screen freezes and times out, i end up having to close the window and open a new one to continue a turn. Not so good when playing in speed games.
What can I do to improve this ?
Jeskier :?:

Same is happening to me. I noticed an improvement on deployement clicks, not anymore.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Serbia on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Every single god damn time I want to fucking click on either my games or fucking chat (which are both always fucking empty anyway) I have to log the fuck back in. Fucking annoying as shit on a fucking tomb.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby BoganGod on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:45 am

What happened to the CC I used to know?
GOD DAMN HIPPIES, f*ck the bots off, bring back a site that works please.

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:56 pm

this is a compelling thread... they should self publish this and put it in the CC store so people can pour over this epic stickied thread, chock full o' information... *eyes rolling*...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby ChrisPond on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Am I the only person having problems today trying to leave chat in games?

If I type more than 5 words, it does not post and I get the 10 second message.
If I type less than 5 words, my chat gets posted 80% of the time.

This happens on both my iPad and desktop. Even turned off my wifi on my iPad and still happens.

Super annoying! And I have noticed since the servers changed I get those messages more often.

It makes the site not fun!

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion