Conquer Club

How much improvement do you see?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

With regards to lag and the new servers (Oct 12) which one best describes your experience?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:30 am

Total votes : 0

Re: How much improvement do you see?

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Here is my info... For whatever reason, not being a tech comp person, my connection has always been basically lag proof with the exception of when everyone would have it in a game, which would happen occasionally, and even then I was often one of the players who didn't catch the lag.. Its fair to say I have always been one of the fastest fs players and to be that, you can't ever have lag in any appreciable way.. And forums never lagged for me.. Click... Instant load, every time. Then in the last year or so (I assume due to the updates but have no evidence for this) lag became consistent and thick everywhere..games, forums.. In short order, I simply quit CC with the exception of a dozen or so random games.... It was just silly and I have no patience. But as of a few days ago? I can't say I'm as fast as I once was, but its def playable again. And forums no longer lag for me either.

Just more info... I have the cheapest slowest cable internet connection (which is still sorta fast I suppose, but my u/l and d/l speeds blow compared.to others I've seen on here), hard wired and don't use WiFi, and live in southeastern NY
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby BoganGod on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:01 pm

ChrisPond wrote:Am I the only person having problems today trying to leave chat in games?

If I type more than 5 words, it does not post and I get the 10 second message.
If I type less than 5 words, my chat gets posted 80% of the time.

This happens on both my iPad and desktop. Even turned off my wifi on my iPad and still happens.

Super annoying! And I have noticed since the servers changed I get those messages more often.

It makes the site not fun!

Shush don't complain, they will find a reason to misconstrue your words as praise and/or try and ban you on some petty technocality.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby owenshooter on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm

BoganGod wrote:Shush don't complain, they will find a reason to misconstrue your words as praise and/or try and ban you on some petty technocality.

What does tom petty have to do with this? oh, yeah... i almost forgot... everything is fine here, move along... nothing to see... we are not living in a fantasy world, our
numbers are indeed up...-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:21 pm

rhp 1 wrote:Here is my info... For whatever reason, not being a tech comp person, my connection has always been basically lag proof with the exception of when everyone would have it in a game, which would happen occasionally, and even then I was often one of the players who didn't catch the lag.. Its fair to say I have always been one of the fastest fs players and to be that, you can't ever have lag in any appreciable way.. And forums never lagged for me.. Click... Instant load, every time. Then in the last year or so (I assume due to the updates but have no evidence for this) lag became consistent and thick everywhere..games, forums.. In short order, I simply quit CC with the exception of a dozen or so random games.... It was just silly and I have no patience. But as of a few days ago? I can't say I'm as fast as I once was, but its def playable again. And forums no longer lag for me either.

Just more info... I have the cheapest slowest cable internet connection (which is still sorta fast I suppose, but my u/l and d/l speeds blow compared.to others I've seen on here), hard wired and don't use WiFi, and live in southeastern NY

Thank you rhp.

This is the kind of balanced assessment I was hoping for.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby ChrisPond on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:45 pm

yes, everything is great here! that is why we have a thread in our clan forum just to warn other members of the bugs and issues we are having in games.

Good news...i can post more than 5 words in chat again without getting the error message and waiting 10 seconds to post again.

Shush don't complain, they will find a reason to misconstrue your words as praise and/or try and ban you on some petty technocality.

they asked...i answered. i was not looking forward to logging on tonight. great way to keep a customer.

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby BoganGod on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:05 am

ChrisPond wrote:yes, everything is great here! that is why we have a thread in our clan forum just to warn other members of the bugs and issues we are having in games.

Good news...i can post more than 5 words in chat again without getting the error message and waiting 10 seconds to post again.

they asked...i answered. i was not looking forward to logging on tonight. great way to keep a customer.

We are not customers we are users....... Thinking of us as customers and consumers might lead to development of a business model based around customer satisfaction. Damn you and your novel new age thinking.

Postby DBandit70 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:14 pm

New data, after 10 days of playing, what I thought was an improvement is really not much at all. Not sure why, but played a game between 7 pm and 8:15 pm Central Time and the lag was the worst I have experienced in years. And it seems to be very very bad in the prime hours of the evening. Never had that problem before, so I am not at all as excited as I once was, not even close.
Major DBandit70

Postby kennys777 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:21 am

Lag has been always here. Upgrades are BS.

When CC implemented stars, the lag was there, when CC implemented World Chat on the game screen, the lag was there. Last night, the lag was so bad again, I lost my patience and made some stupid moves in a few games just auto clicking a thousand times...nothing but error messages and having to refresh the map after every single movement...I posted it in world chat, and obviously I am not the only one.

CC may want to change their old opening message about taking turns with your morning cup of coffee, because your turns may make you drink an entire pot of coffee, go do your job, come home, do the house work, sit back down, hit refresh and finish your first turn...Thankfully there is no Map Blaster tournaments going on right now, because I may have to take some vacation time from work just to finish my turns.

Absolutely ridiculous, just as before in August when this was also really bad.

Lags suck, and with this type of game, it is very difficult to play. I was never one for patience!
Not saying this service charges much, but damn, I would be willing to pay an extra buck or two a year if I thought you would actually use to purchase a decent server, and hire an IT guy that could handle the workload.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:34 am

picture below is after the forum had over 10 seconds to load...missing icons...This is just one example of the lag from 10/28/14 330AM CST

Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 am

Here is my last example as I have to get to ready for work now...I just went to look at one of my games, and the lag for the map to load was over a minute, almost 2 minutes. 2nd pic was taken at 3:39 AM. So is it fixed? my answer is no.

Sergeant kennys777

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:13 am

i am overwhelmed by the wealth of knowledge and input within this stickied thread.. the sheer number of pages alone, has proven me wrong... this stickied thread has shown me the light... what an amazing thread this is... kudos to you duk... i owe you a baskin robbins cone...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BoganGod on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:16 am

owenshooter wrote:i am overwhelmed by the wealth of knowledge and input within this stickied thread.. the sheer number of pages alone, has proven me wrong... this stickied thread has shown me the light... what an amazing thread this is... kudos to you duk... i owe you a baskin robbins cone...-Jésus noir

duk + cone = a world of sticky.

Owen think about the children

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:12 am

BoganGod wrote:
owenshooter wrote:i am overwhelmed by the wealth of knowledge and input within this stickied thread.. the sheer number of pages alone, has proven me wrong... this stickied thread has shown me the light... what an amazing thread this is... kudos to you duk... i owe you a baskin robbins cone...-Jésus noir

duk + cone = a world of sticky.

Owen think about the children

i'd pay to watch him push out my babies...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:21 pm

kennys777 wrote:Lag has been always here. Upgrades are BS.

When CC implemented stars, the lag was there, when CC implemented World Chat on the game screen, the lag was there. Last night, the lag was so bad again, I lost my patience and made some stupid moves in a few games just auto clicking a thousand times...nothing but error messages and having to refresh the map after every single movement...I posted it in world chat, and obviously I am not the only one.

CC may want to change their old opening message about taking turns with your morning cup of coffee, because your turns may make you drink an entire pot of coffee, go do your job, come home, do the house work, sit back down, hit refresh and finish your first turn...Thankfully there is no Map Blaster tournaments going on right now, because I may have to take some vacation time from work just to finish my turns.

Lags suck, and with this type of game, it is very difficult to play. I was never one for patience!
Not saying this service charges much, but damn, I would be willing to pay an extra buck or two a year if I thought you would actually use to purchase a decent server, and hire an IT guy that could handle the workload.

Not saying u don't have lag, obviously u do. But there are many players including myself that didn't before the updates and don't after the server upgrade... So... If ur assertion that "there has always been lag" is accurate, perhaps its not the cc server? Or at least hasn't always been the cc server? Perhaps something on ur end, at least sometimes? Just a thought.
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 pm

rhp 1 wrote:

Not saying u don't have lag, obviously u do. But there are many players including myself that didn't before the updates and don't after the server upgrade... So... If ur assertion that "there has always been lag" is accurate, perhaps its not the cc server? Or at least hasn't always been the cc server? Perhaps something on ur end, at least sometimes? Just a thought.

My thoughts exactly... i have not had any major issues since the upgrade... i would look at things on your end... good luck...-Jésus noir

always trust the beard
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby demonfork on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Lag for me is gone.

but

the game is still excruciating to play via iphone & ipad, so even though the lag is gone my playing experience has not improved. How do you code a mobile interface that doesn't work on the most ubiquitous mobile platform on the planet. Major fail as far as I'm concerned.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby b00060 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:21 pm

I am having major issues during turns in game where it eventually times out. I need to click on the menu and go back to my open games list and re-enter the game to finish my turns. It happens about once every 7 games or so.
Major b00060

Postby KernowWarrior on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Anaru wrote:Worse - more "server has timed out" messages

Have to agree, having to refresh every other go.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." (Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270))
Major KernowWarrior

Postby kennys777 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:14 am

rhp 1 wrote:

I have been on this site for almost 6 years, and yes, there have been multiple times when there has been very severe lagging. Since joining CC, I have lived in Hawaii, Arizona, LA, Chicago, and I am pretty sure, that all those places do not have the same Internet service. So, keep your ideas about it being my problem to yourself, as you just wasted my time by even talking about it. I generalized ONE statement by using the word "Always" to emphasize my frustration, but that one word seems to all of sudden be the focus.
The problem is the lag, everyone here recently knows it was here. I have not seen it since yesterday morning, so maybe its fixed, but no it is not from my end. I sometimes log in at work, at home, on my phone, etc...All different types of Internet service providers.

Moving ON!!!!
Sergeant kennys777

Postby b00060 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:15 pm

The lag has gotten progressively worse each day. I cannot take more than two turns in a row without the page timing out. The only work around seems to be to click on the "my games" link after every turn and re-open the game again after every turn or so. Otherwise it just sits there and gives me the 10 second message or spins around and around and never refreshes.
Major b00060

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:23 pm

For people experiencing lag, do y'all use the new game interface and whatever knick-knacks that CC has (e.g. advanced processing, map inspect, blah blah blah)?

I've disabled anything which I could and still use 3rd party addons. I haven't experienced any lag, so maybe this advice will help some of you.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby kennys777 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:32 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:For people experiencing lag, do y'all use the new game interface and whatever knick-knacks that CC has (e.g. advanced processing, map inspect, blah blah blah)?

I've disabled anything which I could and still use 3rd party addons. I haven't experienced any lag, so maybe this advice will help some of you.

I disabled greasemonkey months ago with the new Mozilla. To make sure it wasn't the browser, I tried chrome. There was no change. I didn't notice it yesterday, but noticed it lagging a few times today, that very well could have been my laptop during a download.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:40 pm

kennys777 wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:For people experiencing lag, do y'all use the new game interface and whatever knick-knacks that CC has (e.g. advanced processing, map inspect, blah blah blah)?

I disabled greasemonkey months ago with the new Mozilla. To make sure it wasn't the browser, I tried chrome. There was no change. I didn't notice it yesterday, but noticed it lagging a few times today, that very well could have been my laptop during a download.

Ah, so the problem is 'downloading too much porn.'

Okay, laggers, to resolve your problems, download less porn.

NEXT!!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:53 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
kennys777 wrote:

Ah, so the problem is 'downloading too much porn.'

Okay, laggers, to resolve your problems, download less porn.

NEXT!!

You are correct sir!
=D>
Sergeant kennys777

Postby judge_reinhold on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:00 am

The lag in the game was horrendous. I was regularly having to wait 10-30 seconds for a single action to complete (e.g. deploying 1 troop, making 1 attack). It was drastically better immediately after the update. It still seems pretty "fast" (i.e. normal, like a website should be).
Colonel judge_reinhold

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion