Conquer Club

How much improvement do you see?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

With regards to lag and the new servers (Oct 12) which one best describes your experience?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:30 am

Total votes : 0

Re: How much improvement do you see?

Postby rhp 1 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:10 am

kennys777 wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
kennys777 wrote:Lag has been always here. Upgrades are BS.

When CC implemented stars, the lag was there, when CC implemented World Chat on the game screen, the lag was there. Last night, the lag was so bad again, I lost my patience and made some stupid moves in a few games just auto clicking a thousand times...nothing but error messages and having to refresh the map after every single movement...I posted it in world chat, and obviously I am not the only one.

CC may want to change their old opening message about taking turns with your morning cup of coffee, because your turns may make you drink an entire pot of coffee, go do your job, come home, do the house work, sit back down, hit refresh and finish your first turn...Thankfully there is no Map Blaster tournaments going on right now, because I may have to take some vacation time from work just to finish my turns.

Absolutely ridiculous, just as before in August when this was also really bad.

Lags suck, and with this type of game, it is very difficult to play. I was never one for patience!
Not saying this service charges much, but damn, I would be willing to pay an extra buck or two a year if I thought you would actually use to purchase a decent server, and hire an IT guy that could handle the workload.

Not saying u don't have lag, obviously u do. But there are many players including myself that didn't before the updates and don't after the server upgrade... So... If ur assertion that "there has always been lag" is accurate, perhaps its not the cc server? Or at least hasn't always been the cc server? Perhaps something on ur end, at least sometimes? Just a thought.

I have been on this site for almost 6 years, and yes, there have been multiple times when there has been very severe lagging. Since joining CC, I have lived in Hawaii, Arizona, LA, Chicago, and I am pretty sure, that all those places do not have the same Internet service. So, keep your ideas about it being my problem to yourself, as you just wasted my time by even talking about it. I generalized ONE statement by using the word "Always" to emphasize my frustration, but that one word seems to all of sudden be the focus.
The problem is the lag, everyone here recently knows it was here. I have not seen it since yesterday morning, so maybe its fixed, but no it is not from my end. I sometimes log in at work, at home, on my phone, etc...All different types of Internet service providers.

Moving ON!!!!

Ok. I tried to be nice about it, but ur obviously a fkn tool. If there are a large % of users that don't have lag now and didn't have it before the updates, and u "always" have, guess what? Its not the server, at least not all of the times you've experienced lag. So if its a waste of time to listen to logic, then by all means, do whatever you feel like doing and complain and be frustrated all u wish u dumbass.
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby kennys777 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:25 am

rhp 1 wrote:
kennys777 wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

When CC implemented stars, the lag was there, when CC implemented World Chat on the game screen, the lag was there. Last night, the lag was so bad again, I lost my patience and made some stupid moves in a few games just auto clicking a thousand times...nothing but error messages and having to refresh the map after every single movement...I posted it in world chat, and obviously I am not the only one.

CC may want to change their old opening message about taking turns with your morning cup of coffee, because your turns may make you drink an entire pot of coffee, go do your job, come home, do the house work, sit back down, hit refresh and finish your first turn...Thankfully there is no Map Blaster tournaments going on right now, because I may have to take some vacation time from work just to finish my turns.

Lags suck, and with this type of game, it is very difficult to play. I was never one for patience!
Not saying this service charges much, but damn, I would be willing to pay an extra buck or two a year if I thought you would actually use to purchase a decent server, and hire an IT guy that could handle the workload.

Not saying u don't have lag, obviously u do. But there are many players including myself that didn't before the updates and don't after the server upgrade... So... If ur assertion that "there has always been lag" is accurate, perhaps its not the cc server? Or at least hasn't always been the cc server? Perhaps something on ur end, at least sometimes? Just a thought.

I have been on this site for almost 6 years, and yes, there have been multiple times when there has been very severe lagging. Since joining CC, I have lived in Hawaii, Arizona, LA, Chicago, and I am pretty sure, that all those places do not have the same Internet service. So, keep your ideas about it being my problem to yourself, as you just wasted my time by even talking about it. I generalized ONE statement by using the word "Always" to emphasize my frustration, but that one word seems to all of sudden be the focus.
The problem is the lag, everyone here recently knows it was here. I have not seen it since yesterday morning, so maybe its fixed, but no it is not from my end. I sometimes log in at work, at home, on my phone, etc...All different types of Internet service providers.

Moving ON!!!!

Ok. I tried to be nice about it, but ur obviously a fkn tool. If there are a large % of users that don't have lag now and didn't have it before the updates, and u "always" have, guess what? Its not the server, at least not all of the times you've experienced lag. So if its a waste of time to listen to logic, then by all means, do whatever you feel like doing and complain and be frustrated all u wish u dumbass.

Thanks for trolling by.
You act like i am not allowed to post an opinion.
My logic was sound. I gave specific information about a problem and your response focuses in semantics, so what does semantics do for this issue?
The lag is/was apparent, the poll was made to point it out.
Are 27% of the ppl in this thread also "fkn tools"?
Just keep trollin on by.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:44 am

kennys777 wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
kennys777 wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

Moving ON!!!!

Thanks for trolling by.
My logic was sound. I gave specific information about a problem and your response focuses in semantics, so what does semantics do for this issue?
Just keep trollin on by.

Trolling. Lol.. Nerd much?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:44 am

kennys777 wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
kennys777 wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

Moving ON!!!!

Thanks for trolling by.
Just keep trollin on by.

Trolling. Lol.. Nerd much?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:50 am

kennys777 wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
kennys777 wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

Moving ON!!!!

Thanks for trolling by.
Just keep trollin on by.

Trolling. Lol.. Nerd much? I responded to ur post in a friendly manner and u decided to be a dick. Which is fine by me, but don't act like u got sand in ur vagina when I respond.
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 am

And no... 27% of the people posting here are not tools, just you. And if u thought for 2 seconds before shooting ur mouth off, isn't it possible that 27% of the people still having issues may have an issue on their end as opposed to a server problem?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:07 pm

At first it all seemed groovy, but lately I've been lagging in games and more on the forums.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:23 pm

can someone do the math for me... is the response like at less than 1% of all users on the site? epic thread...-JĆ©sus noirā„¢
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:22 pm

owenshooter wrote:can someone do the math for me... is the response like at less than 1% of all users on the site? epic thread...-JĆ©sus noirā„¢

It's actually close to 2% of all current members. That is, actually, quite epic by CC standards. More than 95% of all users never visit the forums, so to get a decent representative sample of anything is very hard in a forum poll. In that sense, we've done far better than I hoped. I was hoping we would get data from 50 or 60 members, and we got about triple that.

Also, something very important was achieved early on. Yes, we know that a majority of the members saw an improvement when the new servers came online, but we also knew that some did not. Being able to quantify that was important for troubleshooting. BW thought that about 5% of the users would get some problems; finding out that it was more like 25% led him to search for bugs with a much bigger net than he previously thought he'd need.

All in all, despite some nastiness here and there, this thread was a productive effort. A big "thank you!" to everybody.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BoganGod on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:can someone do the math for me... is the response like at less than 1% of all users on the site? epic thread...-JĆ©sus noirā„¢

It's actually close to 2% of all current members. That is, actually, quite epic by CC standards. More than 95% of all users never visit the forums, so to get a decent representative sample of anything is very hard in a forum poll. In that sense, we've done far better than I hoped. I was hoping we would get data from 50 or 60 members, and we got about triple that.

Also, something very important was achieved early on. Yes, we know that a majority of the members saw an improvement when the new servers came online, but we also knew that some did not. Being able to quantify that was important for troubleshooting. BW thought that about 5% of the users would get some problems; finding out that it was more like 25% led him to search for bugs with a much bigger net than he previously thought he'd need.

All in all, despite some nastiness here and there, this thread was a productive effort. A big "thank you!" to everybody.

Screw you sticky spam hippy. You and your yoshi multi should be banned from using stickies.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby ChrisPond on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:27 am

I just posted this in my clan forum and thought I would post it here as well. Is it funny we have a thread in our clan just devoted to tipping off other clan members that the site is not working correctly before taking a turn? :?

ChrisPond wrote:I am getting extremely frustrated with the site. Am I the only one having problems every day with the following:

SQL errors. Never got one until about a week ago

Make a move and get timed out often. I have to go back to "my games" and then reload the game to see the results. This happens all the time...last night it was about every 3 rolls. Sometimes I have to close my internet and reload CC

Maps just not loading. I think I am up to about 5 times in the last week where it took about 5-10 minutes to load the map. One day was when I was on Skype with clan mates taking a turn, they had no problems. But it has been happening way to often.

I have a brand new lap top (not a cheap one either) and I am using panels with no add ons. I am using chrome and my operating system is windows 8 (if that matters).

I thought maybe I was having problems with wifi, but the rest of the internet works just fine when I have these problems. I also have bypassed wifi and used my data with my devices when I have these problems on my laptop and they are still there on data.

PS....I just got the SQL error....u can't make this shit up!

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:01 am

The honeymoon period after the hosting upgrade was nice, but now we seem to have taken twenty steps backwards; things are definitely worse. Nearly every time I have posted today I've received the MySQL error, although the post is still successful. Quite often my entire browser is crashing whilst I'm taking turns as well, it's not even annoying any more, it's just standard CC.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:09 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:The honeymoon period after the hosting upgrade was nice, but now we seem to have taken twenty steps backwards; things are definitely worse. Nearly every time I have posted today I've received the MySQL error, although the post is still successful. Quite often my entire browser is crashing whilst I'm taking turns as well, it's not even annoying any more, it's just standard CC.

The MySQL errors seem to be commonplace since the forums were re-arranged last week. Not too many people posting them in the bug forum where they need to be, though.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:20 am

Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:The honeymoon period after the hosting upgrade was nice, but now we seem to have taken twenty steps backwards; things are definitely worse. Nearly every time I have posted today I've received the MySQL error, although the post is still successful. Quite often my entire browser is crashing whilst I'm taking turns as well, it's not even annoying any more, it's just standard CC.

The MySQL errors seem to be commonplace since the forums were re-arranged last week. Not too many people posting them in the bug forum where they need to be, though.

Not much point when the admins will be aware of the issue. If I made a bug report for every issue I came across I'd struggle to take my turns more than I already do.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BoganGod on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Am shocked that I agree with the homophobic coffeekid.
Dukasnore, rather than getting sticky. Get thinking. When someone can't post, how would they post in bug forum? I've sent multiple email complaints/notifications. No reply btw.

To cross reference another thread in this fora for a moment - lazy, dopey cunts eh?
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:25 pm

I've got no problems over here. I'm gonna go with my 'too much porn downloads' hypothesis for y'all.

Maybe bigWham loves me so much that he gave me my own 'private internet tunnel' (*whatever that is) to CC. It's like riding in the carpool lane with zero cars while everyone's stuck in traffics. Suckers!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby ChrisPond on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:35 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Not much point when the admins will be aware of the issue. If I made a bug report for every issue I came across I'd struggle to take my turns more than I already do.

I spent my hour of CC time this morning trying to get maps to load. Had to give up. Then checked back in a few hours later and got a few of my turns taken, one was down to 18minutes. Everything was lightning fast. Then I try and open a game and it takes 5 minutes to load. Nothing changed at my house during that time.

I guess I need one of those private porn tunnels BBS has. Or can management just send me over a girl. I prefer a brunette with a nice rack. My fetishes range given the day so just surprise me.. ;)

Edit...was just over reading about insomnia and wicked. Please send a red head instead of a brunette...I forgot how fun they can be. Been married to long or something?

Top Rank: 12 High Score: 3912
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby the warrior65 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:16 am

Hey,

Before the change CC works very good with me.

After the change many times problems with my turns.
Almost with every turn I have "time outs".

Its really bad after the change.

Is CC working on the problems that many players have?
I look at the poll and there are more players that have the same problems.

With greetings
Brigadier the warrior65

Postby the warrior65 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:43 am

It seems like the lag are especially in the evening European Time.
Early in the morning there are much less problems with that.
Brigadier the warrior65

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion