Conquer Club

Rules question

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Rules question

Postby radioesthesia on Sat May 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi,

Is it permitted to ask (in game chat) a player to attack their own territory in order to enable them to then be able to attack (the territory that they just lost) with a large adjacent army?

(sorry if not clear, its difficult to explain..)
Private 1st Class radioesthesia

Re: Rules question

Postby Keefie on Sat May 09, 2020 12:45 pm

radioesthesia wrote:Hi,

Is it permitted to ask (in game chat) a player to attack their own territory in order to enable them to then be able to attack (the territory that they just lost) with a large adjacent army?

(sorry if not clear, its difficult to explain..)

You can ask anything you want in game chat. It's only against the rules if done secretly via private messages and wall posts etc.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby YukFoo on Sat May 09, 2020 7:32 pm

radioesthesia wrote:Is it permitted to ask (in game chat) a player to attack their own territory

How do you attack yourself?
Cook YukFoo

Postby TeeGee on Sat May 09, 2020 9:00 pm

YukFoo wrote:
radioesthesia wrote:Is it permitted to ask (in game chat) a player to attack their own territory

polymorphic?
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Dukasaur on Sat May 09, 2020 9:41 pm

YukFoo wrote:

I think he means to attack your territory for you. For instance, in No Forts, if you're stuck behind your own singlet, to ask someone to kill it for you.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Ltrain on Sat May 09, 2020 11:26 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
YukFoo wrote:

I think he means to attack your territory for you. For instance, in No Forts, if you're stuck behind your own singlet, to ask someone to kill it for you.

thats how i read it
Captain Ltrain

Postby owenshooter on Sun May 10, 2020 1:10 pm

I think he is a multi and should be banned permanently!!! OFF TO C&A!!!
the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby mrswdk on Mon May 11, 2020 10:10 am

YukFoo wrote:

Take one of your armies.
Take another one of your armies.
Face them towards each other.
Shout attack.
??
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby YukFoo on Wed May 13, 2020 11:17 pm

As long as it is permitted, I am going to ask all of my opponents to attack themselves.
Cook YukFoo

Postby SirLindsley on Fri May 22, 2020 3:29 am

Where is the fog rule explained? I can't find it.
Major SirLindsley

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri May 22, 2020 9:38 am

FOG; Try these:

Special Gameplay: Fog of War
The fog of war masks enemy positions that are not adjacent to your forces (or your team's forces). It also masks region and zone names in the log.

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions3
Major jusplay4fun

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:34 am

The fog of war rule is only a rule in clan games. In other games it's a courtesy. It just means you should let the players who created a game see the board by waiting 12h before playing the very first turn (or until they post something in the chat) to give them the time to take a snap. Since the person joining last can take a snap right away it doesn't apply to them in that the opposing faction doesn't have to wait if they start first.
Colonel ZaBeast

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:51 am

ZaBeast wrote:The fog of war rule is only a rule in clan games. In other games it's a courtesy. It just means you should let the players who created a game see the board by waiting 12h before playing the very first turn (or until they post something in the chat) to give them the time to take a snap. Since the person joining last can take a snap right away it doesn't apply to them in that the opposing faction doesn't have to wait if they start first.

The latter part it wrong, people sometimes join games from their phone and don't take snaps immediately. But the gist is correct: you allow your opponent to take a snap before you take a turn and if they are unable to get a snap, you reveal the information they lost due to your turn. While the 12h fog rule depicts a 12h period, everybody who knows the rule will give out the information as long as you ask for it, even if 12h have gone by.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Minister X on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:08 pm

I have recently set up four private 1-on-1 games with a buddy. Each time I have gotten the first move. Was this just luck or is it inevitable? Is there some way I can get this to be random? My buddy does not have a premium account so he can't set up a private game. --Thanks
Major Minister X

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:00 am

Minister X wrote:I have recently set up four private 1-on-1 games with a buddy. Each time I have gotten the first move. Was this just luck or is it inevitable? Is there some way I can get this to be random? My buddy does not have a premium account so he can't set up a private game. --Thanks

It's random, you got lucky
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Minister X on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:44 pm

Thanks. Now I have another rules question. I'm sure it must have been asked 100 times before but I've searched and can't find anything.

In a team game, say me and my buddy vs. two others, must all communication between me and my buddy be in public chat? I appreciate that rule generally but in a team game it seems there might be an expectation that team members would need some private discussion. House rules just say "no communication outside of chat" but team play would seem a reasonable exception. What's the story? Under no circumstances would I want to flout the rules.
Major Minister X

Postby Evil Semp on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:14 pm

Minister X wrote:Thanks. Now I have another rules question. I'm sure it must have been asked 100 times before but I've searched and can't find anything.

In a team game, say me and my buddy vs. two others, must all communication between me and my buddy be in public chat? I appreciate that rule generally but in a team game it seems there might be an expectation that team members would need some private discussion. House rules just say "no communication outside of chat" but team play would seem a reasonable exception. What's the story? Under no circumstances would I want to flout the rules.

You are correct. Team chat can be done any way you want. Phone, text, morse code and even smoke signals.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby keyborn on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Minister X wrote:Thanks. Now I have another rules question. I'm sure it must have been asked 100 times before but I've searched and can't find anything.

Team mates may indeed discuss their moves privately in the team chat. That is the purpose of that feature. No harm, no foul.
Brigadier keyborn

Return to Conquer Club Discussion